Awoo.

Xenoblade Chronicles X [Wii U]

Carbo

Xenoblade was fantastic and one of my favorite games of all time, and by looking at this game, I have no doubt that this game will be even better and i can't wait to get my hands on it.

I especially want to get into one of those Mechs and fuck shit up, looks so awesome.

Best Wii U game IMO...too bad that it's out next year. The Wii U needs this and Bayonetta 2 NOW.

...really? Best Wii U game? "One of the best" okay but THE best? 

And as I said in the status updates, the game looks interesting, the visuals are amazing and when I get the Wii U this game is one of the first games to pick up. But the name? X? It's an alphabet letter! Not a name!

"Hey people, have you heard of X?"

• Thumbs Up 2

Can someone please give me a short summary of what this game/its series is all about? It looks like some kind of action RPG, but I don't really play that kind of game so I'm not sure.

Ooooooooh, this one really really interests me. But does anyone else think this reminds them more of Phantasy Star online 2 than anything else?

Edited by Balding Spider

It kinda looks like a futuristic Monster Hunter with some Armored Core styled gameplay in the Mechs.

Looks pretty good to me, will probably pick it up.

I've not been really interested in the relevant genres until this one caught my attention. First Titanfall, now a second huge mech game that looks like it doesn't control awfully? And it has dinosaurs and open-world traveling? Uhm, yeah. Sign me up immediately. ... I also kinda like the unintelligible theme song. <<;; >>;; Gives the whole thing a kind of urgency.

I'm not interested at all but I just have to say it kind of took me by surprise that this was a new IP.  For a second I thought they were actually bringing back X, the obscure Game Boy Star Fox predecessor (as nodded to in Brawl by the music theme "Tunnel Scene (X)").

I've had my eye on this like a hawk every since the first trailer. The effort and detail being put into this looks absolutely sick! The detail, the vast openworlds and the mechs! It's like an JPRG Fans Checklist!

Currently, it's one of my most hyped Wii U titles. Also, when i look closer at the footage, I spies multi-player! If this puppy has online multi-player, so help me...

Can someone please give me a short summary of what this game/its series is all about? It looks like some kind of action RPG, but I don't really play that kind of game so I'm not sure.

Not much is really confirmed on it atm, but I think it's safe to say that it's indeed a Action RPG. Massively openworld like Monolithsoft preivous title, Xenoblade. No one's really sure if it's a sequel or just something similar.

And as I said in the status updates, the game looks interesting, the visuals are amazing and when I get the Wii U this game is one of the first games to pick up. But the name? X? It's an alphabet letter! Not a name!

I don't think this is just going tobe called X when its released. That would be a bit strange. XD

Anyway, X looks gorgeous! The idea of using Mechas in an open world RPG game like this is just...so cool! I actually do have Xenoblade Chronicles but I haven't had a chance to play it just yet. Better do, because this is one game I'm definitely picking up for the Wii U next year!

Not a fan of the name, but totally stoked. I think enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles more than Chrono Trigger, FF6, or any other JRPG I've ever played. Can't wait for the sequel smile.png

Edited by hangarninetysix

I ain't never been one for JRPGs (or WRPGS for that matter really), but damn if Xenoblade ain't epic as shit and damn if this don't look set to follow in its path.

I want to get Xenoblade Chronicles but I don't have a Wii atm. I'll get it when I buy Wii U and then I'll get this as well.

I want to get Xenoblade Chronicles but I don't have a Wii atm. I'll get it when I buy Wii U and then I'll get this as well.

You act like this is a simple task.  D:

No Xenoblade Chronicles used or new at any Gamestop in a 100 mile radius my foot.

Cheapest online is fucking $100 used.

I hate life.

No Xenoblade Chronicles used or new at any Gamestop in a 100 mile radius my foot.

I hate life.

If you would like to borrow my copy of Xenoblade I would gladly loan it out.

You make me feel bad for half-heartedly picking this up for £20 around Christmas the year it was released. I remember when I went into a Gamestop in the US and was pointing the game out to my partner when a shop assistant come up to me and gave me the spiel about it being a Gamestop exclusive. I think he was probably a bit surprised when, in my English accent, I told him that I knew and I already owned the game at home in England. tongue.png

I just checked and it's even pretty expensive here now; £50 new on a few online sites I checked.

Edited by EuroMIX

If you would like to borrow my copy of Xenoblade I would gladly loan it out.

I hate life.

Didn't realize the game was so rare. I never really looked around much for it since I didn't have a reason to.

I got a pre-owned copy of Xenoblade Chronicles from CeX...for 38 pounds! At first I wasn't sure because of the cost, but then I thought about how much expensive it might be in the future (not to mention rare!) so I quickly bought it.

Nintendo published games are usually expensive and hardly drop down in price, Gabz.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Nintendo published games are usually expensive and hardly drop down in price, Gabz.

But it's very rare for a Nintendo game that goes 3x it's amount. $150 for a used copy? wtf

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose it's Nintendo's fault for not fully realising how popular Xenoblade would be in the West. It really has become Nintendo's "Final Fantasy" in a sense.

I suppose it's Nintendo's fault for not fully realising how popular Xenoblade would be in the West. It really has become Nintendo's "Final Fantasy" in a sense.

What is the extent of Nintendo's involvement with the series? It's not first or second party... did they buy exclusivity rights or something?