Awoo.

Xenoblade Chronicles X [Wii U]

Carbo

From what I remember there was definitely animated feedback in Xenoblade. The enemy would sometimes take a breather for a few seconds because of its low health or even try to escape to regain health a la Monster Hunter. Pretty sure this was an early gameplay vid and we'll see a similar thing in the final release.

yes I definitely do remember enemies having that, granted it wasn't with every hit (other wise the monster would be a jittery sporadic mess given how many characters hit a monster at an given time) but yes it did have  it..

• 2 weeks later...

GameXplain Nintendo Direct gameplay analysis featuring the one and only chuggaconroy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XuBL2K-GZg

Lots of translations and clarifications.

GameXplain Nintendo Direct gameplay analysis featuring the one and only chuggaconroy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XuBL2K-GZg

Lots of translations and clarifications.

He talks WAY too fast sometimes. Damn, I know you're excited but chill...it's a lot of info to take in tongue.png

• 1 month later...

Just picked upa  copy of Xenoblade chronicles, since its the first and only copy I have seen, and I enjoy a good JRPG(found it at my local gamestop for 50 bucks which was nice) while preordering MK8 and picking up Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper.

So I thought would pop in here and ask(since this is the games sequel, and seems as good a place as any) if anyone has any advice before I jump in this weekend, oh and my only control option is wii-mote and nunchuck

and for anyone interested, my only other major RPG is Skies of Arcadia on my dreamcast(which I need to get back to now that I think about it)

Just picked upa  copy of Xenoblade chronicles, since its the first and only copy I have seen, and I enjoy a good JRPG(found it at my local gamestop for 50 bucks which was nice) while preordering MK8 and picking up Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper.

So I thought would pop in here and ask(since this is the games sequel, and seems as good a place as any) if anyone has any advice before I jump in this weekend, oh and my only control option is wii-mote and nunchuck

and for anyone interested, my only other major RPG is Skies of Arcadia on my dreamcast(which I need to get back to now that I think about it)

So Gamestop is finally marking down their overpriced "used" copies of the game... for the price of a new one? Well, it's better than the $90 they wanted people to blow on it before.

Xenoblade is pretty great though. You're looking at roughly 90 hours of gameplay, and that's not even counting all the sidequests and things (my first playthrough ran nearly 120 hours, and I think I still missed a few things). That said, expect to do quite a bit of grinding (it's a JRPG), but the story and the huge world is a real treat to take in.

• 1 month later...

Really? None of you thought to bump this damn topic?

http://youtu.be/Hg2PTVi7fl8

*swoon*

Loving the look of this so far, and so happy that it's still on the way. Gotta wait another year, but I'm pumped after seeing this trailer. Even more excited knowing it's likely more of a follow up to Xenoblade rather than just another game in a meta-series; I would definitely love to see more of that world

especially considering how the previous game ended with the world being recreated by Shulk to remove Zanza's influence.

EDIT: Oh, I suppose mods/admin should change the thread title now that that's been revealed, huh?

Edited by Zaysho

On Twitter now. Japanese fans have already been identifying connections between (what I like to call) Xenocross and the other Xenogames. I've even made one, though it's already been contested.

For one, the Zohar (though small appears in the center-top-left part of the trailer in which scientists are looking over a hologram. This happens just as the line "And we've traveled so far to reach this planet" is said by a female voice actress.

This can only mean that there are more aspects of Xenogears/Xenosaga have outright been reused, such as the Vessel spoken of in the trailer being the Contact (Fei of Xenogears), journeying from a decimated Earth and living in a new world like the ending of Xenosaga and beginning of Xenogears and Growth being used to wipe out the human race like what the Ethos does to surface dwellers (also humans) in Xenogears. The Monado even appears as a hairclip on a girl with short black hair, one on each side of her head.

However, there's one striking similarity I found in the trailer: the character Elma, and everything surrounding her.

Elma means God's Will or God's Protection in Urdu, a Middle Eastern language, which may relate to the Complement/Antitype fulfilling the resurrection of Deus and essentially becoming its servant. These actions occur in Xenogears through Elly and Miang's actions, especially when they...

...become one.

Here's a picture of her below:

ss03.jpg

Here's a picture of Elly's official art:

elly01.jpg

The character Miang, who is in fact, the 'evil' counterpart to Elly in Xenogears, has the last name of Hawwa. Hawwa, in the context of Biblical lore and Islamic theology is in fact, the name of Eve, who was reputed to be dark-skinned. This mother figure for not just Cain and Abel (whose names were in fact, used in Xenosaga and Xenogears as major characters) but for the human race would become the basis of Miang, Elly, KOS-MOS and T-ELOS.

Miang and Elly when combined, are meant to represent Eve as a sort of mother goddess, while KOS-MOS and T-ELOS when combined, become Mary Magdalene. To drive the point home, Mary has dark hair, dark skin and even blue eyes,

much like the original Miang in the Xenogears intro and Elly and Elma, though brighter. Compare the design of Mary Magdalene here:
220px-MaryM.jpg

with Elma above.

One last point--watch the trailer again, and watch the clips from Xenogears from the time given. Most of Elly's scenes take place from that exact timestamp, and from there, we can really hear her VA, Yumi Touma shine. The video is available below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbpw-MLv_xk#t=480

Compare the voice acting of Elma and Elly. Now say it with me...

COINCIDENCE!? I THINK NOT.

So this is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles but also has elements from other Xeno games? I'm intrigued.

That was a great trailer, and makes me curious about the story in this game. It's obviously set in Xenoblade's world but in the far future. And there's Nopons, yay!

Xenoblade Chronicles X is looking pretty good so far, and graphically it looks even better.

It seems to be a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles since they mentioned in the video that in the opening the humans from Earth landed on an alien planet, which is the same planet from Xenoblade Chronicles!

I REALLY want to get this game, but I also can't be bothered to play Xenoblade Chronicles because it's on Wii. I know graphics aren't everything but it's gonna look like crap on my HDTV, and I've been spoiled with smooth graphics this gen.

It's also pretty expensive and rare, so I would love a remaster for it. It just makes sense. Even if they don't improve the texture quality but make it 1080p I'll be fine with that.

I REALLY want to get this game, but I also can't be bothered to play Xenoblade Chronicles because it's on Wii. I know graphics aren't everything but it's gonna look like crap on my HDTV, and I've been spoiled with smooth graphics this gen.

It's also pretty expensive and rare, so I would love a remaster for it. It just makes sense. Even if they don't improve the texture quality but make it 1080p I'll be fine with that.

1) I played it on my TV and it looked great.

2) It's not close to expensive or rare as it's been reprinted several times now. It was actually $20 last Black Friday at Gamestop.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is looking pretty good so far, and graphically it looks even better.

It seems to be a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles since they mentioned in the video that in the opening the humans from Earth landed on an alien planet, which is the same planet from Xenoblade Chronicles!

I just started watching the Treehouse footage so I'm just catching up, but I guess I'm a little confused as to the chronology now. (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR XENOBLADE CHRONICLES)

I thought in Xenoblade the world was a remade Earth after Zanza tried to make himself a god, which led to the creation of the Bionis and Mechonis, so it was still Earth. And then Shulk fixed things to remove his influence on the world. But here we're seeing that an alien war destroyed the Earth and now we're on an alien world, that seems much like the Earth in a way.

So I sorta get the impression this takes place a good while after the first game rather than before.

Though it's possible I'm missing something, so maybe I need to go back and replay it when I get a free moment, especially considering the wait.

Well, it's got me intrigued in any case, just more mysteries to uncover!

Whilst the Wii hardware limited the graphics a bit, even playing the game on my HD monitor, it still looked pretty good. Not HD good, but you get lost in the game so quickly, you probably won't even care about some of the rough edges. That's my take, anyway.

@Autosaver: So Gamestop's plan to gouge their customers' wallets failed? Good. I'm glad for those that haven't gotten to experience the game yet won't get ripped off anymore.

EDIT: Still watching the Treehouse footage. That moment when the sky clears and you see that big open area... damn it looks gorgeous, and the music from what I could hear sounds great. I know Shimomura isn't the lead composer this time around, but I think what's here feels like a great extension of what she did in Xenoblade.

Dammit, somebody get me a time machine!

Edited by Zaysho

For the convenience of anybody who didn't catch the Treehouse presentation, and so you don't have to scrub through the Twitch feed, here's the Xenoblade Chronicles X demo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg

Wow this game looks complicated...and that's that.

If it's anything like the first Xenoblade Chronicles it is at first.  But upon getting into it all the elements of the gameplay start fitting into place.

If it's anything like the first Xenoblade Chronicles it is at first.  But upon getting into it all the elements of the gameplay start fitting into place.

Yeah, I just got Xenoblade Chronicles yesterday and after playing it, it's not that complicated actually...then again I did play it for only 2 hours so I'm sure it'll get more complex.

Yeah, I just got Xenoblade Chronicles yesterday and after playing it, it's not that complicated actually...then again I did play it for only 2 hours so I'm sure it'll get more complex.

The Monado powers will probably take a bit to get used to, but after the first couple major areas when you have it, it gets easier. I'd probably say crafting the gems and dealing with enemies that can cause certain status effects/spike damage will be more of a nuisance, and maybe learning one or two of the other characters' playstyles; I found one character in particular to be more fun to use than Shulk himself once I figured out how her arts worked. While the game doesn't make it all terribly obvious, and there are some things I didn't even know until I looked online, the tutorials cover some decent ground in that regard.

• 9 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP7iQL8BwaM

Definitely hearing the distinctive sound of the composer here (if you've seen enough anime with the OST done by this person Hiroyuki Sawano, you start to know what their music sounds like), which isn't a bad thing. Sounds great so far! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since updates were lost due to the months that never were, here's the recent Directs with English subs. They sum up a lot of what we know about this game alongside some new info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTzuqyQZlc&list=WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kh5V73XpwY

And the next one is gonna be about Dolls!! Super excited for that, I love mechs.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 5

About damn time! They've been hiding the mechs for FAR TOO LONG.

I get the feeling its the very tip of what they are hiding, heck I bet there is a half game point where the aliens come into play, and thats when we get the non-human team members

I get the feeling its the very tip of what they are hiding, heck I bet there is a half game point where the aliens come into play, and thats when we get the non-human team members

My money's on a mid-game twist of some kind, yeah. An alien or two joining the heroes would be cool and seems like a reasonable enough prediction. Particularly since it kinda looks like Tatsu isn't going to be battling (unless they're just waiting to show him fight later for whatever reason?), and after the first game it'd be weird if they had no non-human party members.

Update on the English subtitles for the 2015 Directs! Here's Version 2 of the recent one, now with more things subbed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3l9Vp62KX4

Oh, and there's also a Google Doc of all the translated stuff from the video here.

Edited by Celestia