Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

Considering how awesome this is, if the final level pulls off a Terminal Velocity in terms of awesomeness, I will go bananas!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so hyped for this dang soundtrack.

I mean, I'm excited for the whole game, but the music in particular is sounding so awesome so far. I especially like the one in the honeycomb Zone. Speaking of which, do we have clean rips of the Desert Ruin levels yet? I haven't seen any. D:

Edited by ElementofChaos

Desert Ruins Zone 3 is one of the best fucking Sonic songs I've heard.

It's glorious, can't wait for a clean rip.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sega usually delivers excellence with music. Good to know Ohtani is back, sure getting unleashed vibes from that song actually.

Don't see what's so wrong with that track. Fits the stage well if you ask me. And really harkens back to that classic sound.

Thanks for the clean rip, Soniman! (It's gonna help Marvin Valentin, too)

Let me be honest - I'm not very anticipated for this soundtrack. After the Sequel arguably sounds better on my ears (personal choice, of course) and it just sounds to me as if Ohtani did a Sonic 4 - that is, didn't try as hard as he normally does. It's quite hard to say, but they oddly don't have that insane catchy feel to me.

Maybe they just need to grow on me... But I loved Horizon Heights immediately... Is that time when I get sick of what I used to love the series for (the music) finally coming? I hope not - I really wish the rest of the soundtrack (and upcoming games) to have the charm of Colors and Generations. D:

I really don't know why I don't like these themes /as/ much as I expected myself to - I can't even feel the classic feel everyone's talking about.

What's happening to me? D:

The deser ruins puzzle music in the 3DS version sounds really good, kind of reminds me of the Slim Shady though for some really fucking weird reason.

And I am so happy for a Windy Hill rip, this music is so upbeat and happy.

Oooooh, a clean rip! Now I can download and hear it untill the game comes out like the old days biggrin.png Thanks Soniman. Any chance on getting Desert Ruins 2(the honeycomb level) music as well ^^?

As for what we've been hearing so far, I love it, absolutely loved it. It's fitting, it's catchy, it has a lot of different instrumentation. Windy Hill 1 is an excelent fresh start song. Ohtani, Tokoi, Hataya you geniuses <3 Each time a new game is announced I think: "man, how they're gonna do new/different music for this?". I feel like it's impossible to create new melodies and rhythms, like they "exhausted" their creativity xD Thank God I'm always wrong :)

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

Look what turned up recently today. A nice clean version of Windy Hill ^^

Did... did you not see the opening post?

• Thumbs Up 6

Thanks for the clean rip, Soniman! (It's gonna help Marvin Valentin, too)

Let me be honest - I'm not very anticipated for this soundtrack. After the Sequel arguably sounds better on my ears (personal choice, of course) and it just sounds to me as if Ohtani did a Sonic 4 - that is, didn't try as hard as he normally does. It's quite hard to say, but they oddly don't have that insane catchy feel to me.

I agree with this 100%. I don't particularly find them bad, but I do kind of feel them uninspired. Like you I usually start liking a song as soon as I listened to it for the first time. Then again, like I said in the other music thread sometimes I start liking a song once I'm actually playing the game.

You guys do realize that we heard 4 musics, only one of them is 100% clean, and they're from the early stages, right? The first stages have to be catchy and simple, the later ones is when the composers usually shines more. Sonic Colors only goes "hum hUM HUM!!" (sorry for that onomatopoeia), when you reach Planet Wisp or Aquarium Park.

Edited by Jango

You guys do realize that we heard 4 musics, only one of them is 100% clean, and they're from the early stages, right? The first stages have to be catchy and simple, the later ones is when the composers usually shines more. Sonic Colors only goes "hum hUM HUM!!" (sorry for that onomatopoeia), when you reach Planet Wisp or Aquarium Park.

I don't think me or Korg ever said that the whole soundtrack is going to be like that, after we can't say that. We are only judging what we heard. I really don't know how being the first stages, the music of Sonic Colors or being clean for that matter has anything to do with it.

For one, you can still hear the music enough to make a judgement. If we are going with your logic, no one on this thread can say anything about the soundtrack because only Windy Hill is 100% clean.

I actually liked the music of many of the first stages from previous Sonic games so I really don't see how that comes into an issue now.

Again, we are not saying they are bad, but that they just don't grab our attention.

We better get an awesome final boss theme. I was a bit let down by the Time Eater's theme in Generations.

We better get an awesome final boss theme. I was a bit let down by the Time Eater's theme in Generations.

Somehow, I have this horrible premonition that we are really just going to get a theme like the time eaters and I hope its wrong because it would be nice if we got a good final boss theme again (then again though, with a game like generations where all of the songs were pretty much remakes of old ones so a final boss theme to fit with all of it must've been tough).

Awwww yes. BrawlBRSTMs5 has extended Windy Hill....

I'll be back in 30 minutes....

I'll be honest, the music I've heard from this game so far, while good, isn't as good as the Colors or Gens soundtrack to me. Hopefully the later levels will have better music. And maybe what we have now will grow on me.

• Thumbs Up 2