Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

I think Ben Bates is my favorite artist on this. He pretty much nails the style of classic Mega Man and adds in charming animé elements as well. I think the only real problem I have with it is that often (this applies to any artist) Mega Man seems to have his weirder, longer MM8 proportions. I might just be seeing things though.

As long as Yardley never touches the comics im cool with any artist, since all of them have been good.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope this comic doesn't get discontinued because I heard it's not really doing good sales wise. Which is a real shame because this comic is really awesome. I have /co/ to thank for helping Ian Flynn with this comic, I love all the little references to the games and other obscure things too like Bond Man being mentioned in the crossover.

Edited by Alice Twilight

I got into it when I heard of Worlds Collide, I actually completely forgot they had a Mega Man comic until that was announced. It's a pretty good series, and it'd be a shame to see it discontinued.

Heh. I was thinking of making a thread related to Archie's Mega Man today, But that saved me time now. I'm hoping to read #28 once it's released sometime this month

Yep, I love this comic. The characters, the plots, all of it has been great so far.

Though I'm not sure if I really consider myself a "real" fan since I've never played any of the games, it's not very hard to get into it without prior knowledge of the games. 

Favorite story arcs besides Worlds Collide would have to be 'Proto-Type', which detailed the tragic beginning of Blues and his eventual lone-wolf outlook on life, and 'Rock of Ages' which was a fun, albeit rushed way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Blue Bomber (and no, not because it had Bass or anything!)

May it continue to be in great and grow in sales because it might just get us a X comic.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 5

I can't believe it took me so long to realize that "Time Keeps Slipping" is a pun.

• Thumbs Up 3

The comic is not on risk of discontinuation. That idea spread from Ian saying it could use more sales, which is something entirely different.

I was pretty close to getting into this series when it first started; I'm not sure what kept me from it.

I picked up most of the trades a couple of weeks ago (when Mega Man in Smash happened, although I totally swear I was planning to already), and I'm going to try to keep collecting those. I haven't been able to track down the second arc, though.

This is a comic I really wanna get into, but it's gonna cost me like 50-60 dollars to catch up on plus subscription money for both Sonic (with Countdown to Chaos and all, seems like a good jumping-in point) and this...............gonna need to save some money. 

I remember hearing about this from Comic Con of 2011, and Flynn signed a copy himself. The first arc is kinda rushed, ya know Mega Man just blasting through every master in the span of a page or two, but it does delve into things that the game normally never focused on. Which I like.

I'm not a huge Mega Man fan, but I have played a few of his games so I like this comic.

I remember hearing about this from Comic Con of 2011, and Flynn signed a copy himself. The first arc is kinda rushed, ya know Mega Man just blasting through every master in the span of a page or two, but it does delve into things that the game normally never focused on. Which I like.

I'm not a huge Mega Man fan, but I have played a few of his games so I like this comic.

I don't it rushing through the Robot Masters would kinda drag on if Mega Man fought the robots for 8-10 pages.

I like the first arcs art though, really nice to look at.

One of the best things about the comic so far....

tumblr_m0ogj8cVuh1qjg20ao1_500.jpg

Bates, why are you so awesome with facial expressions?laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 9

As long as Yardley never touches the comics im cool with any artist, since all of them have been good.

Yeah. Just keep Yardley on Sonic.

It really was a blunder all around, poor Yardley! seems incredibly depressed nowadays because the editors were stupid enough not to realise what they were doing

You know what I can't wait for?

The introduction of Gamma. His existence didn't make much sense to me because he's a peace keeping robot yet we've got Mega Man to keep the peace when Wily is up to no good again. Could Gamma be built to keep Monsteropolis safe from a threat Mega Man can't handle?

It'll also be interesting how they handle Wily's supposed 'reform' after the Ra Moon incident that will lead up to the MM3 arc and how controversial it'll be for some characters. Some will insist he's lying and some will think he has changed but for which ones I wonder. I could see maybe Light or Rock believing his change but everyone else including Stern, the Light Numbers, and maybe Roll or Auto won't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'll finally know what the deal is with Top Man's stage.

Mega%20Man%203%20-%20Top%20Man--article_

Like, what's with all the leaves in the glass? Always bothered me.

Edited by Alice Twilight

So no chance that Zero will appear?

I hope so.

I think the X series in general would be perfect for Ian. He loves continuity and X is choc full of it.

• Thumbs Up 1