Awoo.

SSMB's Video Game Deals

Autosaver

For some reason some games still list their full prices. For example; I've been trying to get Mirror's Edge and Rayman Origins but when I proceed to checkout it lists their full prices and not the prices they are on sale for under the total. Is anyone else getting this?

For some reason some games still list their full prices. For example; I've been trying to get Mirror's Edge and Rayman Origins but when I proceed to checkout it lists their full prices and not the prices they are on sale for under the total. Is anyone else getting this?

The sale's probably not entirely on yet

And to make sure I'm not the only one andnotparanoid I checked Twitter and apparently some others are having issue with this too.

• 2 weeks later...

GTX 970 and 980 now come with downloadable codes with Arkham Knight & Witcher 3. Those are 2 highly hyped up games which is pretty much a $100 in savings. So overall you're paying $200-$220 for a GTX 970. For a card that beats the shit out of a PS4 and possibly be on par with a PS5, you're looking at a pretty decent investment. 60fps, 1080p, max details... the best way to experience gaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Steam is having a Batman Arkham weekend sale while Pac-Man is having a daily sale for this day only to celebrate Pac-Man's 35th Anniversary.

It's hard to find a page for the Pac-Man sale, so I'll list the games here:

-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX + (You can buy it plus all of it's DLC for a low low low price of $3.74)

-Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Videogame for 5 bucks

-Pac-Man Museum for 5 bucks

https://steamdb.info/sales/

Championship Edition is really the only gem out of the bunch. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is self explanatory (In terms of presentation and general gameplay, it's fine. It's just not fun to play and was obviously meant for kids), and Pac-Man Museum is a lot of good Pac-Man games that are for some reason not ported really well.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/batman/

The Arkham sale on the hand has all of the games on sale (With the exception of the Arkham Knight base game). You can snag Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Arkham Origin's Season Pass, Arkham Origins: Blackgate, and Arkham Asylum each for 5 bucks. The only one out of all of them I would personally not recommend is Arkham Origins: Blackgate (And maybe Arkham Origin's season pass), but everything else is at a great price. It's this weekend only, so snag it while you can.

Bestbuy has a sale where it's B1G1 50% Skylanders.

The sale is working with video games. So if you add two $5 figures to your cart, you can get any game you want for $30. I ended up picking up a bunch of games. 3DS games for $20, PS4/Xbox One/Wii U preorders for $30. I also picked up Bayonetta 2 for $25 and Captain Toad for $20. I also got Bloodborne for $20!

This stacks with $10 reward certificate preorder bonuses so you're effectively paying $20 for games like MGS5, Battlefront 4, etc.

Edit: I just bought $1200 worth of video games kill me now

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=pcmcat383400050000&type=category

Add two, you can remove the $5 bonus toy but you need the keep the original two in the cart. Then buy as many video games as you can because they're all half off. MIGHT be only applicable to GCU members so if you don't have a membership it might not work.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a bit confused about this sale. Is it as soon you have two figures in your cart, everything is half off? Because I tried to pre order a game and it said that it's 60 dollars, which is the regular price. Granted, I haven't filled out the credit card information just yet.

I'm a bit confused about this sale. Is it as soon you have two figures in your cart, everything is half off? Because I tried to pre order a game and it said that it's 60 dollars, which is the regular price. Granted, I haven't filled out the credit card information just yet.

Well, that was fun. Put in my 4th order. $1000 overall.

Wii U

Bayonetta 2

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Splatoon

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Yoshi

Legend of Zelda Wii U

Mighty Number 9

Mario Maker

PC

Assassin's Creed (Preorder)

Star Wars Battlefront 3

3DS

Puzzles & Dragons: Mario

Fire Emblem (Preorder)

Xbox One

Quantum Break

Halo 5 Special Edition

Mad Max

Final Fantasy XIV

Forza 6

Devil May Cry: Special Edition

Witcher 3

Kingdom Hearts 3

Rise of Tomb Raider

PS4

The Order 1866

Lego Dimensions

Uncharted 4

The Division

Batman Arkham Knight

Call of Duty: BO3

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Autosaver.....for how long exactly have you had a lottery addiction?

Seriously though, great haul would be a disgusting understatement.

I'm so disappointed because I just found the 50% worked on New 3DS and PSVita. I would've grabbed them!

abkE7x6.png

1OJRAFk.png

Looks like Best Buy is honoring their mistake. Games that are already out have already been shipped out. There's no way to cancel them at this point.

Son of a bitch Auto.

How the hell did you find such a loophole?!

I'm betting they closed it off so the rest of us couldn't take advantage of it right?

Auto you you better get out of your house m8.

Also don't take the games with you. just leave them to me. Thank you.

"Jealously Kills" - Said no one ever.

Really? Sure, it's kinda hilarious that Autosaver just spent $1000 on a bunch of games thanks to a loophole, but that sounded more like an insult and direct attack at him rather than a joke.

You took major advantage of a loop hole. And honestly it is sickening. Cuz keeping all of these even fir your own profit will cause best buy to maybe raise prices to compensate. You basically stole from them.

It isn't illegal to do so, no. Underhanded with hints of thievery if you can obviously tell that a Xbone should could $400 versus $4.00, but not illegal. Mistakes and glitches happen in pricing, and in general you can't prosecute people who take advantage of this while the store hasn't acted. Sometimes companies will honor them if they don't want the headache of backlash, but they're actually not obligated to do so. Best Buy right now could take all of these games back if they wanted to, assuming they know about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I sometimes have made errors in my listings such as offering free Priority postage when it should be Standard, and the buyers have taken advantage of it. However, it would be unreasonable for them to assume it must be an error, because there are plenty of listings that do have free Priority postage.

Good faith is the key here, though. If you KNEW something was a glitch, then the burden is no longer on the retailer.

This isn't just a moral argument, either. This argument would stand up in court. It's similar to how you can legally buy stolen goods if you had no idea they were stolen, but you are just as guilty as the thief if you knew or had a hunch they were stolen.

As mentioned, good faith is what matters in any decision.

I'll be quite frank that I don't see fault in reselling because EVERYTHING in life is resold unless you made it yourself. But I do see fault in exploiting glitches.

Cuz keeping all of these even fir your own profit will cause best buy to maybe raise prices to compensate.

No, that won't happen. I'm fairly certain all games fall under a MAPP policy, which creates a minimum advertised price barring occasional sales. That's why they all fall under a neat $49.99 or $59.99 price tag.

• Thumbs Up 1

It isn't illegal to do so, no. Underhanded with hints of thievery if you can obviously tell that a Xbone should could $400 versus $4.00, but not illegal. Mistakes and glitches happen in pricing, and in general you can't prosecute people who take advantage of this while the store hasn't acted. Sometimes companies will honor them if they don't want the headache of backlash, but they're actually not obligated to do so. Best Buy right now could take all of these games back if they wanted to, assuming they know about it.

Typically, if a glitch happens and something is labeled incorrectly, companies are legally bound by them. In this case, I think it counts; once you add them to the cart it marks the discount. That is legally binding, and its the company's fault for screwing up and they'll naturally immediately jump up and fix the problem to prevent it from happening again.

I wouldn't say its either underhanded or thievery. Its the company that screwed up, not the person buying.

Good faith is the key here, though. If you KNEW something was a glitch, then the burden is no longer on the retailer.

This is kind of on the edge. Its difficult to determine what is "right" in these kinds of situations. Frankly, I consider something like this glitch similar to accidentally printing the wrong label in a store. That is also a glitch. The difference is one's electronic and the other is not, so its more on the fringe of what's legally binding.

Typically, if a glitch happens and something is labeled incorrectly, companies are legally bound by them. In this case, I think it counts; once you add them to the cart it marks the discount. That is legally binding, and its the company's fault for screwing up and they'll naturally immediately jump up and fix the problem to prevent it from happening again.

I wouldn't say its either underhanded or thievery. Its the company that screwed up, not the person buying.

Thing here is, yes, they can honor the discount, but there's no legal binding to it because of good faith, Autosaver knew very well about it being a glitch, so there was no excuse, he's got no legal grounds to sue them or do anything if they remove the purchase from him and give his money back.

Also thanks Sly, I completely forgot about the good faith rule, been a while since I learned that in College. :U

• Thumbs Up 3