Awoo.

Sonic Lost World in PAX Prime 2013

Zavok the SpinningSilver

Well, we all know what tomorrow is: PAX Prime! SEGA's bringin' it all. Heroki, Project DIVA F, Total War Rome II and Castle of Illusion.

But towering above them all, Sonic Lost World!

I'm opening this topic up to see if we can get some early speculation goin' on about what could be revealed at this event. New info on Tropical Coast? Perhaps the mysterious volcano level? Or perhaps more story related info, maybe dropping a few hints or two about what Knuckles and Amy are doing?

Also, if anyone's going over, then have fun and bring as many secrets back home as you can!

So, you guys ready?

I don't think we'll be seeing anything incredibly new at Prime, but there's always the chance that we do. If anything, I hope we at least get a glimpse and Knuckles & Amy, but again it's really improbable that we will. It'd be interesting to see something about the volcano stage, although at the same time I don't want that area (especially that area) to be spoiled for me at all. unsure.png

tropical coast perhaps maybe more of the acts example desert ruins 1 Wii U but that volcano world not likely since it looks appropriate for the last world, I'd like to see gameplay of stages that weren't played in gamescom

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Well, I'm going to PAX Prime tomorrow and the day after, so I'll be able to get back to people about the matter. But considering how close PAX is compared to Gamescom, I'm very sure it'll be the same exact demo. Making demos takes time and development resources, and companies try to make as few of these updated demos as possible to save time and money. And if two events are pretty close by to each other, it's not worth the time/money to make an update.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I don't think we'll see anything different to what we saw at Gamescom but hey, at least we get more gameplay so I can't complain.

This is more of a selfish plug/request to those attending PAX this year, SEGA normally give out Lanyards as freebies, so can someone possibly pick me up one or 2 Sonic Lost World ones if you can? I mean I'll cover shipping and pay or whatever, if not it's cool I just have one from every PAX, and would like to continue the trend :P.

As for new content, I'm not holding my breathe for PAX revealing new stuff, but we could see more of that Tropical level, or even more alternate paths in Silent Forest.

This whole "new demo for every event" thing kind of sucks though, because you go to one event and then you don't want to go to the other but then oh hey new demo with new stages you don't get to play because you just went to that other event and got to play the older inferior demo ):

Not that it bothers me in any way because I'm not cool enough to go to any of these events anyway

Maybe next year I'll bring you guys info and videos from PAX PRIME if I can go (Next year I'll have had my driver's license for 1 year, so I'll be able to drive myself). Still can't wait. :D

Well, if we do see anything new, I do hope they show off the Tropical Coast level, or at least an underwater level of some kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvZZKNs0Ao

Don't think theres much new though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw that earlier but didn't think it was worth posting

Hopefully we'll get some new footage within the next few hours

Oh my; someone who is playing quite nicely the 3DS version of the game. Someone who ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT LARGE CATTERKILLER AT THE 30 SECOND MARK THANK GOODNESS.

Erm...yeah I'm liking this version of the game so far.

He said he picked a pure 2D stage and (may have) expected it to be another Generations, which could indicate the dude getting caught off-guard with the different play style of the game. LW is still getting good coverage so far.

Edited by Narukami07

"It's absolutely uncanny how un-Sonic it feels."

So how much 'Sonic-like' does it has to feel? According to the person, he sounded disappointed it wasn't like Generations.

Oh; 300th post woopie-freakin'-doo.

Edited by TheChaosBacon
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's definitely the Gamescom build. A SEGA rep told me so today.

For what it's worth: I for one think Sonic controls nicely. Fast and fluid enough for me. Definitely puts emphasis over ease of control over speed, though. And I don't mind that.

The giant purple worm things in the 3DS are actually a pain to hurt without getting hit in my experience. I tried kicking them first, I tried homing attacking their body when the head wasn't spitting acid at me, yet I kept getting hurt. Maybe I just don't know how you're supposed to deal with them/suck at it, but those enemies seem more tedious to deal with than it's worth. In general, I didn't like that act of Desert Ruins.

I definitely enjoy the Wii U version more, but the Frozen Factory snowboarding Stage on the 3DS was fun. Parkour, the bounce, and of course the homing attack and kick are all easy to use/execute. There does seem to be potential in abusing the parkour, and it's fun to use.

It's definitely the Gamescom build. A SEGA rep told me so today.

For what it's worth: I for one think Sonic controls nicely. Fast and fluid enough for me. Definitely puts emphasis over ease of control over speed, though. And I don't mind that.

The giant purple worm things in the 3DS are actually a pain to hurt without getting hit in my experience. I tried kicking them first, I tried homing attacking their body when the head wasn't spitting acid at me, yet I kept getting hurt. Maybe I just don't know how you're supposed to deal with them/suck at it, but those enemies seem more tedious to deal with than it's worth. In general, I didn't like that act of Desert Ruins.

I definitely enjoy the Wii U version more, but the Frozen Factory snowboarding Stage on the 3DS was fun. Parkour, the bounce, and of course the homing attack and kick are all easy to use/execute. There does seem to be potential in abusing the parkour, and it's fun to use.

I saw that video and it seems like Frozen Factory 3DS wasn't on it. Could have there been multiple builts there

Well, the Wii U one is Gamescom build, at least. That's the one I asked about. It'd be weird for only one of them to be the Gamescom build, though... But wait, what about this then? This was at Gamescom.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'll echo the statement of preferring the Wii U version more, if for the simple fact the 3DS hurts my eyes.

Overall I'm really hoping there's some sort of tutorial stage because the various moves of Lost World seem a bit hard to learn... the "throw them right into it" approach from Generations/Colors hopefully won't be King here.

This is more of a selfish plug/request to those attending PAX this year, SEGA normally give out Lanyards as freebies, so can someone possibly pick me up one or 2 Sonic Lost World ones

Can it be confirmed they had these?

Shame, here I thought they'd remain a Boom 2013 exclusive... but I guess they have a few hundred they need to get rid of somehow! tongue.png

. There does seem to be potential in abusing the parkour, and it's fun to use.

Oh, no question.

After what some of us in the community did to unleashed, I can't even begin to imagine the insanity that the Parkour system will add to people's ability to murder some of these stages.

We'll be running on ceilings. Its gonna be crazy.

I saw Generations as a glorified, dignified way to give a send off to the last 20 years which are marred with a mixture of successes and failures. With it, Sonic's ready to step into a new era, and it's up to us as fans to decide whether to stay or leave with that new era.

As I recall Iizuka himself saying at Summer of Sonic, he wants to reinvent Sonic and create the idea that Sonic is a fun game to play. I greatly enjoy the direction with Lost World, though some do not... but, overall?

This is going to be an Adventure title in one way: it's very polarising and will likely cause some fans to leave. On the other hand, many other people will probably become fans given how much press it's receiving and how enjoyable many are finding it. Overall I think it's going to be for the best.

As the saying goes, the Lost World keeps turning...

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo
  • Thumbs Up 4

Something I noticed:

That Windy Hill 3DS video on page 1 is actually the E3 build! No fade to black, no voice clips, etc.

I wonder why this is?

I'll echo the statement of preferring the Wii U version more, if for the simple fact the 3DS hurts my eyes.

Overall I'm really hoping there's some sort of tutorial stage because the various moves of Lost World seem a bit hard to learn... the "throw them right into it" approach from Generations/Colors hopefully won't be King here.

Can it be confirmed they had these?

Shame, here I thought they'd remain a Boom 2013 exclusive... but I guess they have a few hundred they need to get rid of somehow! tongue.png

They always do, they have a huge abundance of them made just for these sorts of events, or pin badges too.