Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Pretty much. If they do that stupid screen switching thing the classics kept doing I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

That was just a method for overcoming the limitations of NES hardware, there's no reason to include it now outside of nostalgia wanking. It allowed the classic games to have massive levels by unload/accessing RAM for different sections of the level between screen shifts. The only times it was used purely for gameplay was during those long drops through narrow spike pits.

Well, it also had the effect of compartmentalizing gameplay, making each room a distinct and (mostly) self-contained challenge. I think that's still a fair way to build a game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Loving the screens so far, looks a whole lot better from the placeholder build. i'm actually kind of glad they are going with 3d though, it looks pretty good this way.

Edit: also, we can hand on ledges in this?

Aww, so you guys found out already. I wanted to bump the topic. sad.png

Anyways, What is up with Keiji's screen above him? is he spying on his employees with an Eyetoy or something?

Posted the screens before I saw Solly's post

Pfft, im an idiot. Should really ready the topic beforehand.

Either way, Ilike that it's 3D and isn't just being a Mega Man reskin.

I'm so psyched for this. It's going to be great! 

I'm surprised Capcom hasn't countered it with the announcement of another Meg-- what am I saying. Megaman is dead. 

Mega Man isn't dead, but I do have to concede that he's barely alive. As things stand, the comics and Mega Man's appearance in the next Smash Bros. are the only things keeping the series from being completely dead.

That said, I'm still looking forward to Mighty No. 9, and expect great things from it.

Right so according to the latest update, the story tone is gonna go a more X route than the classic Megaman. Or at the very least have some serious elements so that it can appeal to adults and children. And I certainly ain't complaining, although those of you wanting a more idealistic tone may be out of luck.

I'm cool with that, honestly I never really did like the story of the classics much so hearing that its not going to be much like that is reassuring.

The classic storytelling style was repeatitive after 4 games, the classics never felt like they went anywhere with the story.

X on the other hand along with Zero had good story progressions.

Mega man 5 and 6 were probably the worst stories in the classic series

I hope this means something more like Astro Boy, Ie Classic Mega Man with dashes of serious, and not the absolutely idiotic stories X ended up with.

I approve of the story heading in a more X related direction, it got really stupid sometimes but when it was good it was a lot better then what Classic had. 

Now the gameplay just needs to head in that direction too.........

I approve of the story heading in a more X related direction, it got really stupid sometimes but when it was good it was a lot better then what Classic had. 

I think the dash is definitely something thats going to be there (they even acknowledge it in the recent update along with the wall hang) so thats already a good step in the right direction.

With any luck, they'll be able to execute that and then some, possibly upgrades above and beyond, with an extension of the protagonist's abilities.

Mighty No.9 in action  
 as Dlc for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. Honestly this was the last place I would have expected to see this character.

I think it was stated a while back that he would be a costume in the game but man in action it looks really out of place.

Guess what guys mighty no. 9 could get a movie...wait what? http://www.themmnetwork.com/mmesque/ezq8aonejppf5ohbbjwsu7jr4171jc the game is t out yet and there's talk of a film? Am I the only one that thinks this game is getting overhyped?

It does seem like a bit much, yeah. The hype surrounding the Kickstarter campaign cannot be denied, and I'm sure the game itself will turn out just fine, but to be branching out into such other forms of media so soon? Methinks they're jumping the megabuster gun a bit. Besides, a live action film? Something with such a recognisable cartoony style like Mega Man and Mighty No. 9 would surely translate better to a CGI flick rather than having some random kid/young male actor in a robot outfit?

Also calling it now, the film will be called "Mighty No. 9: Beck to the Future"

:P

I just want the game to come out before we have all this merchandise and other forms of media

Big bump for this topic but here is inafune playing an alpha build of the game.

It seems like the dash will be both for moving around fast and absorbing enemies so you could go megaman zero style and quickly take out enemies like this to keep a good flow going while increasing your power in the process.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright just give me my Mega Man X walljumping and Mega Man X level design and I'll have all I want gameplay wise.