Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Game looks alright. Never been too big of a fan of the Mega Man games (I always preferred X), but I think I'll pick this up. I'm not sure which version I want to get, though...

I'm not the only one who's sees an exact copy of megaman right? I mean damn. The only thing missing here is a charge shot. It's literally megaman in every single way possible besides skin and name. (Haven't kept up or know much about the game except it's being made by MM's creator)

Well yeah, that's actually why it got funded. People wanted Megaman, but Capcom cancelled any upcoming games and had no plans to release a new one. Thus we got MN9 in it's place. Also see Bloodstained and Yooka-laylee for similar stories.

• 2 weeks later...

So I came across some new demo videos for the game that show off some new stages and a quick glimpse of what Call's stages will be like. One features Inafune him self, and another gives a peer into the tragic ordeal of translator and hypeman Nick Yu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L236S9dqSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QOMHJpkpfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafduE95zKc

Cool to see that Call's stages will be different from Beck's.

What I find most interesting (aside from the footage of the game or the games usual reception and nice to here about other difficulty settings) is everyone who played it at e3's reaction to it being mostly positive from the sound of it. Not people that watched it but people that played it. I look at several sites, blogs, videos, and they've been mostly positive and optimistic which is a somewhat nice change I guess. It's more of a huge surprise than anything else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just skimming through these, it does help put my mind at ease that the game at least plays well despite not looking great graphically

More impressions this time with some videos.

Dualshockers

Twinfinite

Stevivor

Cgmagonline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVdAVcrnls

Gamexplain start talking about MN9 @8:12

And mighty no. 9 also makes it onto The Completionist's 10 game's of E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xzHVQa7Tw

Go to 10:30 to hear him speak briefly about his experience, or just watch the whole video. Because Jirard is a cool guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiUNv7wOGVw

And one video from PSU (not really familiar with their stuff)

Again the irony to me is astounding. Mostly because I don't think it will change anything in the mind of the average consumer here or elsewhere. 

Mind you I'm glad it's generally liked as I like it too and I might be one of the few who played and enjoyed the beta. But still I look at these and then I look at say............... Idk comment sections of any video or these articles and I just don't know what to make of it. 

Yeah, I only looked at the siliconera one but man, just from the looks of that comment section I don't think this games going to get much mileage unless they rework it into a sprite based platformer or just make the graphics look prettier in general.

I was watching the IGN livestream a few days ago and graphically the game looks much better

I was the IGN livestream a few days ago and graphically the game looks much better

You were at the livestream you mean? 

And curious question in what way do they look better? Games usually look different when you're there of course. 

And curious question in what way do they look better? Games usually look different when you're there of course. 

Lighting seems to be a bit better in some areas (I kind of skimmed through the video so I can't say for certain on everything) though i'd need to watch the old footage some more to really make a comparison.

I made a mistake I meant to say I was watching the live-stream. Like Mega said its just the lighting 

Another impression this time from Lazygamer

And we got an update from Comcept:

NEW STAFF AT COMCEPT

Hey there Mighties!

I am interrupting your regularly scheduled programming to introduce myself as the newest Producer at Comcept! I will be helping out with the the Mighty No. 9 community management as one of my responsibilities, so I wanted to dedicate a small part of this update to introducing myself!

My name is Josh Weatherford, and I joined the Comcept team in the middle of May. Before joining Comcept, I was working at another Osaka-based gaming company called Active Gaming Media. More specifically, I was the Project Director for the PLAYISM indie publishing brand. If you keep up-to-date on Japanese game Kickstarters, you might have seen my name pop up in relation to the La-Mulana 2 and NightCry projects, both of which I was involved in.

During my time there, I also published a large selection of indie games from both sides of the pond, and I am looking forward to utilizing the knowledge I learned over the years here at Comcept. My original background is in game localization, and I had a hand in the localization of dozens of games over the years.

It is truly exciting to have the chance to work with creators I have looked up to since I was a wee little one, and I am looking forward to the challenge that moving from a publishing role to a more creative oriented role will entail

BONUS: RAY-NING ON IKEGAMI’S PARADE

It’s been awhile since our last ROM check in an update… almost five months, to be exact! As usual, the Inti team came to our offices and explained the state of the current ROM to Inafune

This time we’re checking something all you Beckers have to look forward to: Ray’s gameplay! If you think her gameplay will be just a slight twist on Beck’s campaign, you’ve got another thing coming. Inafune seemed to enjoy himself, too, voicing his approval as he played (as well as a fair share of feedback, of course!).

The ROM has already been tweaked back at Inti Creates HQ, but this version still had some ultra-tough sections, so Inti Director Ikegami took the reins to show off certain aspects of the level.

They don’t call him the top Mighty No. 9 player in the world for nothing! All of the close calls and death-defying gameplay even got INAFKING caught up in the action, momentarily forgetting the task at hand. Still..

“We already fixed this, I swear!” lamented Director Ikegami, who couldn’t beat No. 5 even once with this version of Ray. I guess you’ll all have to see for yourselves how the fight turns out in the full version!

We’re still working on getting Ray pre-orders up in Japan, but for the rest of you non-backers we hope you give Ray a chance!

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150622

Also it seems we were supposed be getting the console surveys last week but there was some sort of technical problem.

Yeah, I only looked at the siliconera one but man, just from the looks of that comment section I don't think this games going to get much mileage unless they rework it into a sprite based platformer or just make the graphics look prettier in general.

Yeah, I don't bother with the comment sections when it comes to Mighty No. 9 since nothing good can come out of it.

Anyway, I'm really digging the gameplay so far and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I don't bother with the comment sections when it comes to Mighty No. 9 since nothing good can come out of it.

Why can't I do the same? Also the facebook comments are probably the worst out them all. 

Why can't I do the same? Also the facebook comments are probably the worst out them all. 

Wow, is there any other site that has worst comments that facebook and Youtube?

Escapist

Wow, is there any other site that has worst comments that facebook and Youtube?

Eh twitter's are pretty bad, though that seems more to have to do with Dina and most being gamer gater's.

I know this doesn't entirely have to do with Mighty No 9, but you want too see a really horrible comment section? Try topix.com. Probably the worst forum I've ever been too. 

So I was watching a commentary and looking at comments on the game again and I have to wonder................... am I the only one who feels this game doesn't need a charge shot or wall jump? 

So I was watching a commentary and looking at comments on the game again and I have to wonder................... am I the only one who feels this game doesn't need a charge shot or wall jump?

I'll agree with you about the charge shot, though I would prefer a wall jump. I mean it is a more efficient way to scale a wall over hanging and jumping onto ledges.

Having played them both back to back, it doesn't make a huge difference to me, but then again I utilize most game mechanics differently. 

That looks like it deserves it's own topic rather than posting it in here.