Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Because this is somewhat news worthy Kamaiya gave his opinion on the game http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/07/platinum-games-kamiya-says-that-mighty-no-9-is-an-insult-to-capcom/

Can't say I agree with him here. Yeah MN9 is basically a ripoff of Megaman but it's not like Capcom is making Mega Man games now are they? So I think it's ok in that regard. The fact that it's not-Megaman isn't really the problem with MN9, the issues are the excessive milking of the IP before the game even releases and that the game doesn't look like a Mega Man game worth 4 million dollars. 

Kamiya is right. Bayonetta's only resemblance to DMC is that it's in the hack n' slash genre. Bayonetta is nothing like Dante. Beck on the other hand is almost identical to Rock, right down to the colour and I expect also the personality. Same as Dr White, Call and other characters. Then there's the gameplay and yeah, it's just too similar and Red Ash is no different. 

Speaking of Red Ash, I've noticed the Kickstarter for that is definitely not getting as much support as Mighty No. 9 did when it was first revealed. The hype has died down for sure. GG Inafking.

Can't say I agree with him here. Yeah MN9 is basically a ripoff of Megaman but it's not like Capcom is making Mega Man games now are they? So I think it's ok in that regard. The fact that it's not-Megaman isn't really the problem with MN9, the issues are the excessive milking of the IP before the game even releases and that the game doesn't look like a Mega Man game worth 4 million dollars.

Isn't Megaman going to be rebooted in 2 years anyway?

Kamiya is right. Bayonetta's only resemblance to DMC is that it's in the hack n' slash genre. Bayonetta is nothing like Dante. Beck on the other hand is almost identical to Rock, right down to the colour and I expect also the personality. Same as Dr White, Call and other characters. Then there's the gameplay and yeah, it's just too similar and Red Ash is no different. 

Speaking of Red Ash, I've noticed the Kickstarter for that is definitely not getting as much support as Mighty No. 9 did when it was first revealed. The hype has died down for sure. GG Inafking.

Isn't Megaman going to be rebooted in 2 years anyway?

I have not heard this. Source?

I have not heard this. Source?

Does it have anything to do with that new Cartoon? Is that where the speculation is coming from.

Some more footage where you get too hear the music. It's improved too. Also some Japanese voices........... woo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, think I'll switch to Japanese audio when the game comes out. And those three new stages seem to have much more going for them in terms of personality. Compared to the other three available in the demo that is.

I'm so glad they'll be keeping the in-stage dialog.

I only wish Gunvolt got the same treatment.

I'm so glad they'll be keeping the in-stage dialog.

And for this weeks things you can say about Mega Man / Mighty no 9 games but can't say about Sonic games... 

:P

You know in hindsight I'm glad there's three audio options including Japanese........................not because I prefer it though. (Actually I only preferred one Japanese voice out of what I've heard so far) It's more because I just enjoy listening to things in multiple audio options. It's just fun for me to do a personal compare and contrast. I don't know why I enjoy doing that but I do. Personally I'm playing it in French first, then Japanese, then English.

Also is it just me or are the Japanese voices.............. a little loud? Like for a video meant to show off your musical score, you sure did a good job of making it hard too hear beyond the other voices. Maybe it's just my laptop, but when "The Mighty Voices Part 4" containing the first four japanese voices came out, they sounded much louder by comparison to english in terms of audio control. Come to think of it from game footage I've seen the english voices  sometimes seem to quiet. Maybe it's different audio equipment, but in both cases it's really distracting too me.

I suppose they could have also altered the modulator bars in the option menu but again, if you're trying to advertise your music, why would you do that?  

God fucking damn. I never actually preordered it and unless there's something super special, I usually don't care about collectors editions, but I just want this damn game too be out already. Everything surrounding the game, nevermind the game itself, has just been hell from the start hasn't it. I still want to play it and I know I'll enjoy it, but I just want this too be over already, all of this for a game that will probably be very mixed if not outright despised by most people. 

Huh... Well this just popped up.

So it was an error, I guess? SMH, Amazon get your shit together FFS.

Well now I'm embarrassed.............................. er ................... pay no attention to my last comment. 

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/mighty-no-9-release-date-hands-san-diego-comic-con-2015-gives-us-time-mega-man-458927

First one I've seen that's not completely positive though not entirely negative either. 

The Mighty No. 9 release date is still a ways off before it hits digital and physical shelves. The spiritual successor to Mega Man himself is coming this September, but lucky San Diego Comic Con 2015 goers got to try out the upcoming game. The game’s first few levels were available to run-and-gun through so we did just that. 

The game is coming to a myriad of consoles, but we played Mighty No. 9 on the Xbox. With a third-party controller that was far beneath our standards, if you are wondering. On with our Mighty No. 9 impressions.

mighty no 9Mighty No. 9 3D, but not, graphics (Photo: iDigital Times)

Mighty No. 9: Graphics & Art Style

Mighty No. 9 looks like many other futuristic platformers. Pseudo 3D is used to bring players a three dimensional character model in a 2D playing field. The look is sharp enough to bring players intriguing backgrounds that scroll by as you dash through levels. We liked the art style, but didn’t love it. We almost wish they would’ve mad the game fully in 2D, as many of the environments could be depicted in one less “D.” We can only imagine it would look like a high definition Mega Man ZX. Which would look awesome, if you ask us. 

mighty no 9 release usMighty No. 9 Gameplay (Photo: iDigital Times)

Mighty No. 9: Gameplay

Playing as Beck takes some getting used to. The android has access to a dash technique that’s similar to what Mega Man X uses in his game. Though dashing in Mighty No. 9 acts slightly differently: the move can be used to absorb enemies and make levels move slightly quicker. Dashing through an enemy when they change color can also allow you to gain new abilities. 

Adjusting to the mechanic took some getting used to. But once we got in the groove, playing went smoother. We simply had to remind ourselves that dashing in mid-air was possible. Mighty No. 9 felt like a Sonic game in that sense. Though dashing felt less fluid than in the blue blur's games. 

Many Mega Man aficionados have complained about the look and feel of Mighty No. 9’s gameplay. To which we say: they have a point. In 2015, Mighty No. 9’s look is mighty generic and gameplay not too far off either. There’s a chance that fans are looking back at Mega Man using their nostalgia glasses and giving the game too high praise. But the series did rise to popularity for a reason. 

mighty no 9 launchUnderwater level in Mighty No. 9 (Photo: iDigital Times)

Difficulty & Final Word     

But there is a chance the level design of Mighty No. 9 could set the game apart. Dodging spike beds and blasting through enemies brought us back to the good old days. And with certain level sections requiring multiple playthroughs, we’re starting to see some of that classic Mega Man difficulty may have made its way over to Beck’s game.

If you’re dying to play Mighty No. 9 prior to the game’s release date, then hopefully you got your fill during last year’s beta. With the game launching in a few months, Mega Man fans won’t have to wait much longer to have their blue bomber fix/dreams crushed. With many weeks before the Mighty No. 9 release date, it will be interesting to see what changes, if any, Keiji Inafune and his team have in store. 

Considered by many to be a spiritual successor to the Mega Man franchise, the Deep Silver published Mighty No. 9 is produced by Mega Man creator, Keiji Inafune. With the game set for a September 15th release, I took the opportunity to go hands on with Mighty No. 9 at San Diego Comic-Con. In terms of aesthetics, the game looks a lot like Mega Man; with a robotic/humanoid protagonist with a Doctor providing oversight. Additionally, like its ‘spiritual predecessor’ players have the option to choose between various platform focused levels.

Essentially, Mighty No. 9 is what players have wanted for years, a new Mega Man game. It takes similarities from the franchise even piggy-backs on later iterations in the series. Beck, the protagonist, has a skillset which includes a dash attack, much like Mega Man X. And that’s what those that backed this crowd-funded title have been looking for since its first mention. Players that fit into this nostalgic category will likely not be disappointed. Similarly to Mega-Man, the eight bosses can be defeated in any order, and defeating said boss will allow Beck to incorporate that boss’ powers into his arsenal. There is no required order for defeating the bosses, but some of the acquired powers will work better against a particular boss.

All this sounds familiar, but there are some differences between Mighty No. 9 and the Mega Man franchise. Primarily, it becomes instantly recognizable that speed is a major gameplay mechanic. Speaking with Deep Silver employees at SDCC many of them pointed out the game’s emphasis for speed. One pointed out that Mighty No. 9 was developed with the ‘speed run’ community in mind. For those that are unaware, there is a growing number of players that attempt to complete a particular level or an entire game in the quickest time possible. Mighty No. 9 certainly caters to this select group of gamers. Beck’s dash attack is used to acquire XP which can be used to restore health but is also the most important offensive mechanic. Dashing a wounded enemy will result in an instant kill and allow the player to move quickly through the level. Another obvious difference observed during my hour long experience with the game, Mighty No. 9 did not inherit the high level of difficulty of its spiritual predecessor. The original Mega Man, and many of the games that followed carry with it the level of difficulty associated with the 8-bit era. Within the allotted timeframe, I was able to defeat one of the bosses and play through some other handpicked segments with relative ease.

Overall, I enjoyed my hands-on experience with Mighty No. 9. It certainly will not be the best title released in Fall 2015, but players looking for that nostalgic feel without having to replay the old Mega Man titles found within Capcom’s Mega Man Legacy Collection, will certainly enjoy Mighty No. 9.

http://thegamebolt.com/2015/07/hands-on-with-mighty-no-9/

Edited by Balding Spider

Amazon.es is also listing the game for January 2016. Curiously, the Spanish GAME website is also listing the game for 2016, although the date is for March.

I´m going to cry

Edited by Ristar

It's probably an amazon mistake. It wouldn't make sense for them to delay the game till next year if they're already done with it. If it does that's certainly an eyebrow raiser.

Checked the UK sites. Amazon and Shopto are still listing the original date, but GAME's listing it as TBC 2015.

It'd make sense for them to delay it. Hardly any news on the game has come out in the last few weeks and even now, the game looks like a alpha/early beta sort of deal. It's still a little funny though that this is happening. 

So if this isn't true, then why are there still articles coming out saying that there might be a delay and how deep silver won't comment?