Awoo.

SLW: Deadly Six Extened UK Trailer "They sound just like...!"

Badnik Mechanic

This was a nice surprise after doing a ridiculous shift of 12:15pm - 10pm at work. I was very weary of The Deadly Six all of this time, but now we've had a proper introduction to them, I think I actually like them. 

That sucks about the week delay for you guys in the US :-/

This was a nice surprise after doing a ridiculous shift of 12:15pm - 10pm at work. I was very weary of The Deadly Six all of this time, but now we've had a proper introduction to them, I think I actually like them. 

That sucks about the week delay for you guys in the US :-/

This might work to my benefit actually. I've got a few other games in my backlog that I've been meaning to finish, and should this game fall short of expectation based off others impression I can hold out on a bargain price.

Zeena sounds like Laura Bailey, and I think Zic is Keith Silverstein.

Not sure about the rest, but I remember hearing Kirk Thornton was voicing one of them.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

I love how Zeena's trailer is more or less frolicking around with a giant neon sign saying "HEY LOOK IT'S A GIRL LOOK HOW SHE PAINTS HER NAILS AND IS A GIRL DID YOU NOTICE HOW MUCH OF A GIRL SHE IS??"

It's not a big enough deal to bother me but I'm really god damn tired of that trope, haha. I like it when a girl's defining character trait isn't her gender; you know, kind of like most fictional guys!

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, their meant to be silly,quirky, cartoony bosses from the looks of it, not multilayered characters. Each of six are a typical character archetype, but they're fun characters all the same.

Sorta convinced that Zor and Zeena are voiced by Stephanie Sheh and Sam Riegel, not completely sure on Zor though. Zavok just sounds like Travis Willingham's acting for me.

Looking forward to Zik as a boss the most, if he was Zavok's master, then he might have even more up his sleeve than what was shown in the trailer.

Well, their meant to be silly,quirky, cartoony bosses from the looks of it, not multilayered characters. Each of six are a typical character archetype, but they're fun characters all the same.

So is it a silly quirky cartoon or a serious attempt at a story for the first time in half a decade? Judging from the posts here it's kind of hard to tell. :/

When you look at it that way, it's really easy to dismiss all of these characters as bland stereotypes.

Sonic: I'm the cool hero! 

Tails: I'm the brainy sidekick!

Eggman: I'm the goofy evil villain!

Orbot: I'm the sarcastic lackey!

Cubot: I'm the dumb lackey!

Amy: I'm the obsessed fangirl!

Knuckles: I'm the witless tough guy!

Yacker: I'm the cute mascot thing!

Zavok: I'm the big bad leader!

Zazz: I'm the psychopath!

Zomom: I'm the fat guy!

Zik: I'm the wise old sage!

Zor: I'm the emo kid!

Zeena: I'm the sassy girl!

Like, there's probably more to these characters than the trailer is letting on, y'all. Give 'em a chance. I'm pretty sure the story is in capable hands.

• Thumbs Up 8

I really don't think the Deadly Six are going to be anymore than the stereotypes we've been presented. While I am looking forward to the story this time around, I am almost certain that there won't be any real character building mostly because the direction the series has taken since Unleashed has been more down to earth, cartoon action and nothing about Lost World really screams "Amazingly developed story" and rather "Fun, Saturday morning cartoon story". The setting and characters have been simplified as a result to mostly two-dimensional without too much depth. I can understand Dissy's criticisms because I'm pretty sure he prefers three-dimensional characterization instead of the direction the series has taken.

And because I know 90% of you are going to read the above as "I hate Lost World's story" I'm going to make this nice and big so everyone can read: I LIKE LOST WORLD'S STORY FOR WHAT IT IS. I THINK IT IS GOING TO BE AN ENTERTAINING, AND WHIMSICAL ONE. THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. I AM PERFECTLY FINE WITH THIS DIRECTION, BUT I ALSO UNDERSTAND ITS FLAWS AND WHY EVERYONE IS NOT BEHIND THIS. COMPRENDE?

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can understand Dissy's criticisms because I'm pretty sure he prefers three-dimensional characterization instead of the direction the series has taken.

Bingo. I love Colors and Generations for what they are and I think they came at the perfect time, but I'm ready to move on. I had hoped after Generations we'd get a competently designed Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

After the fall out from Unleashed, and with the glowing reception Lost World is getting. I really don't think we're ever going to get a game like that again. Which I find sad because there are things from Unleashed I feel the series could use, but hey. Popular opinion wins at the end of the day I guess.

Here's the English version of the japanese deadly six trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g20TjAcIymQ#t=89

That 'Go to hell blue creature' quote in the japanese trailer has been changed to 'stinkin hedgehog' in the english version

Edited by Time Eater

I still prefer the Japanese VA's for the D6; they seem to have more range.

I mean besides Zor who sounds like a varied voice (albiet one that will grate on my nerves) the 3 characters Zazz, Zomom and Zavok all sound like they could be voiced by the same guy just a deeper voice for Zomom, a lot of screaming for Zazz and the regular voice for Zavok (who sounds a lot less aggressive and threatening than his Japanese counterpart) Master Zik sounds very generic "old master" and Zeena sounds almost exactly like Rouge.

I'll give them a chance and see but I might give this game a second play through in Japanese to compare.

Also off topic but the Deadly Six's theme sounds a lot to me like how I imagined a new Nack the Weasel theme to be.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Here's the English version of the japanese deadly six trailer

That 'Go to hell blue creature' quote in the japanese trailer has been changed to 'stupid hedgehog' in the english version

Nifty. We get more stuff out of the first English trailer posted, though. This is just a nice way to streamline it all together.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Zor's whining is kind of funny, especially how he even says "sigh..." like he can't even be bothered to formulate a genuine reaction.

Zeena does seem a bit like Rouge, she's got that brattiness and vanity going on, hopefully she'll differentiate herself a bit

Edited by Amomynous

I'm liking the voices so far, personally. If I had to take a guess at who's voicing who... I'm fairly certain Kirk Thornton is voicing Zavok and Kate Higgins is voicing Zeena. Just sounds close to their voices. Kyle Hebert might be voicing Zomom, that sorta sounds like him. I can't really tell with the others at the moment, though I wouldn't be surprised if their VAs I've heard in some game or anime or in the last five years or so.

Ok so it looks like Zavok's talk with Zik wasn't actually as important as people thought it would be and that every Deadly Six just has a cutscene at the beginning of their world. We've seen both Zazz and Zeena in similar scenes now, so I guess it's just a little exposition to say "you're fighting this guy next"

Im really loving this new group of villains. We had Eggman for so long, its a nice pace of a change. Im also loving all the voices for each of them. It also seems from the trailer, that we will be fighting all of them more then once hopefully.

Hm, I dunno. Zeena sounds like Monica Rial to me. I dunno about Vic as Zor, though...

I'm love all of the voices, though!

Since when did she LA work?