Awoo.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe ( I NEED A MONSTA TO CLOBBA THAT THAR KIRBEH... IN 3D!)

YoshiUnity

I like how many planes and 3D gimmicks there seem to be. Games like this should've existed when Nintendo still cared about the 3D Effect in their ads. 

And well, the rest...it's Kirby. Nothing wrong with that. Love the new Bug Ability, though.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kirby is the only franchise Nintendo hasn't taken into full 3D yet. Why not, is it really that hard?

Anyways, it looks ok.

Looking good so far, I like the use of the whole foreground/background thing, not only with Kirby himself but how that boss moves around and some of the level hazards.

i want a 3d Kirby though, dammit

Ahhh was gonna post my vid but thats in HD and much better! still, quite hyped for this! that bug ability looks so awesome ! about time the stag beetle gave Kirby a bug/stag beetle ability XD cant wait to see more info!

That's not my point. Every other Nintendo franchise went 3D years ago.

They have betas of what was supposed to be the first 3D Kirby game and it looked perfectly fine. If they could move fucking Metroid into 3D and make it work they can sure as hell move Kirby into 3D.

2D Kirby was fun the first 5 times. I want to try something different.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kirby is the only franchise Nintendo hasn't taken into full 3D yet. Why not, is it really that hard?

Anyways, it looks ok.

I would be happy with a kirby air ride 2 honestly.

That's not my point. Every other Nintendo franchise went 3D years ago.

They have betas of what was supposed to be the first 3D Kirby game and it looked perfectly fine. If they could move fucking Metroid into 3D and make it work they can sure as hell move Kirby into 3D.

2D Kirby was fun the first 5 times. I want to try something different.

I recall hearing that Hal claims that they're terrible at making 3D platformers... I guess that would explain the reason as to why the 3D Kirby wii game was scrapped.

Don't take my word for it though, cause I can't remember where I found the source for that. 

Also, where did you see the beta for the 3D kirby game? All I remember is one pic of it, and I don't think it really tells a lot about how it would look, at least for me anyway.

But anyways, I really couldn't give a crap if it's 2D . I love the Kirby series, and I'm looking forward to seeing this game.
Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

That one photo is the most barebones functional concept they could have come up with, yet they claim it was too hard.

I really would like to see footage of it because I have no idea how they could claim it was too hard when they already fucking did it.

I have no interest in 3D Kirby. I'm glad it's staying 2D. I'm also glad we're getting a Kirby game within just a few years of the last Kirby game. Usually, we have to wait so long between Kirby platformers.

I think the main reason I want 3D gameplay in Kirby is to see how all the copy abilities translate to 3D. It'd be so cool, although I'm not sure how a few would work, such as UFO. Still, I'd rather they try to make it work instead of just shrugging their shoulders and giving up.

It's not like they'd have to stop making 2D Kirbys forever, either.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kirby games rarely fail to make me smile with glee. I'll be picking this one up for sure. Return to Dreamland was so much fun.

• Thumbs Up 5

This really looks like a modified version of Wii's game engine so count me excited, I adore that game.

However the Spear ability better return or this game will be an empty experience.  Hopefully that will be a given if we get co-op with the whole gang again.  That health bar is looking MIGHTY squished into the left corner as if to allow for another three to display if you ask me.

EDIT: Actually looking again you could only fit another two in... but two or three player is fine too.  Just no ditching Waddle Dee.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just bought a 3DS and it's having every single awesome game. Probably my best purchase this decade.

Love me some Kirby I do. <3 My partner had a fangasm when we saw it in the Nintendo Direct, since he's an even bigger Kirby fan than I am! XD

I personally don't mind it being in 2D. I don't think Kirby would ever work in a 3D world. Well, unless it's a spin off like Kirby's Air Ride...I don't know, I guess HAL just want to play it safe.

Anywho can't wait to play this and looking forward to our next Nightmare Fuel/Eldritch Abomination final boss. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

It looks kinda like Return to Dream Land Lite to me. But considering this is Kirby we're talking about, the one Nintendo series with the most stellar track record, this is by no means a complaint.

Really excited for this game, I was wondering when HAL would put out a new Kirby game on the 3DS. This is immediately going on my priority "day one buy" list.

• Thumbs Up 5

Perhaps 2D is just where Kirby works best.

yeah i can see them screwing up with 3D

This really looks like a modified version of Wii's game engine so count me excited, I adore that game.

However the Spear ability better return or this game will be an empty experience.  Hopefully that will be a given if we get co-op with the whole gang again.  That health bar is looking MIGHTY squished into the left corner as if to allow for another three to display if you ask me.

EDIT: Actually looking again you could only fit another two in... but two or three player is fine too.  Just no ditching Waddle Dee.

Agreed on Waddle Dee. Nine times out of ten, when I could play with a friend, I would either choose him or stay as Kirby. And if Waddle Dee doesn't show in this, then I'll at least hope for the Spear to return. That power up was loads of fun, as I would screw around with it at times just to see all of what i could do. Or I'll just spear-copter a million times over.

In fact, most of my favorite Kirby power-ups are usually the more physical ones like Fighter, Suplex, Ninja and even that dual light saber from Crystal Shards. Another one I'd like to see return would be the Yo-Yo from Superstar.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

I've played far too little Kirby.  I have some Virtual Console titles and Super Star Ultra, which are great but technically old, and Mass Attack, which was great but unconventional.  Naturally, I'm really looking forward to this to get up to speed.

Damn, this shit looks TIGHT.

Kirby always manages to be fresh and new without straying too much from a formula that works.  I hope there'll be plenty of new Copy Abilities.  Beetle Kirby is definitely a good sign; nothing gets my Kirby boner hard like brand-spankin'-new Copy Abilities.

• Thumbs Up 8

Aw, it looks really Return to Dreamland-y. Not my favorite, but then that just makes it a great game as opposed to a fantastic one, so no big complaints here.

I'm really hoping that the other characters will make a return, and that they'll be playable in single player this time. I'm expecting two-player co-op to make an appearance here.

I think the main reason I want 3D gameplay in Kirby is to see how all the copy abilities translate to 3D. It'd be so cool, although I'm not sure how a few would work, such as UFO. Still, I'd rather they try to make it work instead of just shrugging their shoulders and giving up.

It's not like they'd have to stop making 2D Kirbys forever, either.

I somehow imagine it would be rather like Luigis Poltergust 3000, minus the need to keep sucking until the enemys heart finally gives.