Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Iffin' ya don't wanna be spoilin' yer eyes, ye best tread the opposite way.

As many of you know, a Spanish game reviewing site/publication/dude has uploaded some gameplay and story footage of Sonic Lost World:

And additionally, another YouTube channel has also managed to break the street date (also in the Spanish language), and is uploading the game bit-by-bit:

Provided SEGA doesn't whip out some C&D's on these guys, this can be the topic where we post these videos, as well as our impressions and speculations in regards to what has been revealed outside of official press material.

To start, I've translated the first two cutscenes:

Second cutscene, Amy and Knuckles with the small animal friends:

Amy: Aw, don't be sad, buddy,Sonic and Tails will save your friends

Sonic! Have you managed to rescue the animals?

Sonic: Um, only the container that Eggman dropped from his Eggmobile

Knuckles: Wait a minute, just one?

Sonic: Yeah... crappy, huh?

Knuckles: I could have saved them all!

Amy: *pushes Knuckles aside* Save those, then.

Oh, I can't even imagine what Eggman is doing to them...

Sonic: Leave it to me!

Third cutscene, Eggman and the Deadly Six:

Eggman and Deadly Six cutscene rough translation:

* scene: Animals are being placed inside of the badniks*

Eggman: Transformation 101: From animal to badnik! Boom! An instant army!

I'll need a huge army if I intend to conquer the world!

Zavok: I see that you're quite the conqueror ...

Eggman: Yes, hehe, quite so, actually. I conquered you, did I not?

And not only will I take over the world, but I'll destroy that blue nuisance, forever!

*angle change*

Zavok: So ... he wants to destroy that hedgehog ...

Zazz: Hoohoohoo! Gogo! Yeah! I also wanna destroy something!

Zavok: That's what I like about you, Zazz. Always ready to fight ... regardless against whom you face.

Zazz: Hehehe! You know it! Tell me who and where and I'll turn 'em into pieces!

* goes insane *

Zavok: Whether we win or not, I think I will learn something new from our enemy.

And here are a few screencaps from the first cutscene:

2q3u2r7.jpg

2e367te.jpg2w7pv7k.jpg

20z63ar.jpg

2rrxa1i.jpg

Beyond this post, no spoiler tags are necessary! Have fun, guys!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's already been said but Amy's portrayal is looking-up already. She isn't consumed by her crush on Sonic and acting like an idiot - It's not consuming her. She's acting like the sweet girl she's always been, comforting the Picky. Reminds me of the way she would comfort Birdy in Sonic Adventure.

Now if her english voice is up to snuff, I can expect some good things :)

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow I wasn't expecting the game to leak this early. I wonder how long these are gonna be around until Sega had them taken down.

So, to answer that one person who was wondering when the Lost World Comic was released, it technically hasn't, and won't do until October 26th

It seems it was originally going to be a companion piece for the people who had the game by then and just provided a little more info for what they saw, and after the release date delay would have been a companion for people who had seen spoilers from other country releases.

As it turns out, it became a spoiler. The behaviour of Knuckles and Amy here is exactly the same as in the comic prologue. 

This is a really small detail, but I really like Amy's new shade of pink. Looking at Generations, it was starting to get way too 'hot pink', especially in shaded areas; it could actually look red on some TVs.

sonic_generations_amy_punchs_by_sonicthe

Now however, it's going for a brighter shade which fits her character more, in my opinion.

2e367te.jpg

It... seems like SEGA listened to me wanting her eyes to be more emerald than lime, too. x3

This is a really small detail, but I really like Amy's new shade of pink. Looking at Generations, it was starting to get way too 'hot pink', especially in shaded areas; it could actually look red on some TVs.

sonic_generations_amy_punchs_by_sonicthe

Now however, it's going for a brighter shade which fits her character more, in my opinion.

2e367te.jpg

It... seems like SEGA listened to me wanting her eyes to be more emerald than lime, too. x3

Slightly off topic, but I really like how smooth Amy's model looks. You guys are right. The brighter color really does look good on her.

LOL Oh wow, It turns out that this might not be a retail copy afterall... it's a review copy!

So some random jurno just broke his NDA, didn't make any attempts to hide his identity and due to lost worlds distribution, probably going to get rather angry notices from Sega and Nintendo.

It's a bit disappointing that it seems like Amy and Knuckles won't make it to Lost Hex, but otherwise I'm liking what I'm seeing, storywise.

Knuckles might still be the butt monkey, but at least he's a funny butt monkey this time

That's gotta be worth something, right?

• Thumbs Up 3

Knuckles might still be the butt monkey, but at least he's a funny butt monkey this time

That's gotta be worth something, right?

Yeah. It works well enough.

He's just unlucky.

So, Knux and Amy aren't getting in on the action. Knux treated like a butt monkey.

Yeah, call me unimpressed.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

To start, I've translated the first two cutscenes:

Second cutscene, Amy and Knuckles with the small animal friends:

Amy: Aw, don't be sad, buddy,Sonic and Tails will save your friends

Sonic! Have you managed to rescue the animals?

Sonic: Um, only the container that Eggman dropped from his Eggmobile

Knuckles: Wait a minute, just one?

Sonic: Yeah... crappy, huh?

Knuckles: I could have saved them all!

Amy: *pushes Knuckles aside* Save those, then.

Oh, I can't even imagine what Eggman is doing to them...

Sonic: Leave it to me!

Third cutscene, Eggman and the Deadly Six:

Eggman and Deadly Six cutscene rough translation:

* scene: Animals are being placed inside of the badniks*

Eggman: Transformation 101: From animal to badnik! Boom! An instant army!

I'll need a huge army if I intend to conquer the world!

Zavok: I see that you're quite the conqueror ...

Eggman: Yes, hehe, quite so, actually. I conquered you, did I not?

And not only will I take over the world, but I'll destroy that blue nuisance, forever!

*angle change*

Zavok: So ... he wants to destroy that hedgehog ...

Zazz: Hoohoohoo! Gogo! Yeah! I also wanna destroy something!

Zavok: That's what I like about you, Zazz. Always ready to fight ... regardless against whom you face.

Zazz: Hehehe! You know it! Tell me who and where and I'll turn 'em into pieces!

* goes insane *

Zavok: Whether we win or not, I think I will learn something new from our enemy.

Let me fix your translation a bit Indy.

First one: 

*Knuckles playing with the Flickies*

Knuckles: Hey, calm down! We're working on it, alright?

Amy: Don't be sad, buddy. Sonic and Tails will save your friends. Sonic! Have you managed to rescue the animals?

Sonic: Um, only the ones in the capsule that Eggman dropped from his Eggmobile.

Knuckles: Wait a minute, just one? Ha, how lame. (* don't know what Cutre means, it's a word mostly used in the Spain Spanish. No idea what it means exactly) I would have saved them all by now. 

Amy: *pushes Knuckles aside* Save the rest! Oh, I can't even imagine what Eggman is doing to them.

Sonic: Leave it to me!

Second one:

*Animals are being placed inside of the badniks*

Eggman: Robotization 101: From animal to badnik! Boom! An instant army! I'll need a huge army if I want to conquer the world!

Zavok: I see that you're quite the conqueror...

Eggman: Yes, hehe, quite so, really. I conquered you, did I not? And with your help not only will I take over the world, but I'll destroy that blue nuisance, forever!

*SCENE CHANGE*

Zavok: Eggman wants to destroy that hedgehog. 

Zazz: Heheheheh, well well, YEAH. I want to destroy something too!

Zavok: That's what I like about you, Zazz. You're always ready to fight, it doesn't matter against whom. 

Zazz: Hehehe! You know it! Tell me who and where and I'll turn him into pieces!

*Zazz goes nuts*

Zavok: Regardless if he wins or not, I'll learn something new about our enemy.

Just a few things you got wrong, really liking Zazz right now. He's awesome. 

EDIT: And what Zazz says in Windy Hill Act 2: 

First he says something like: "This looks easy. I'll need to do everything I can if I want to keep a spike as a trophy."

Can't really hear it that well with the guy speaking over the first part.

Before the fight he says: "HWAHAHA, I never thought you'd make it this far! Looks like I'll have to fight with you after all!

Edited by Ariel
  • Thumbs Up 3

How come you just end up in Windy Hill Zone 3? I was honestly expecting that to be one of the game's strong points, some sort of story within the zones. Yeah it might not really contribute anything to the plot, but it gives the game a sense of continuity instead of just "now you're in a water level, now you're in a fire level, now you're in a pink void filled with liquorice!" But no Sonic somehow just goes from grassy hills to underground caverns with no explanation whatsoever

wtf writers

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess that him getting shoved around by Amy will start becoming a running gag of sorts. But hey, at least we're seeing the two of them get the chance to interact a bit more, hopefully we'll end up getting little interludes of the two of them at some point in the game, and not just this and the cutscene where life gets sapped up from the world

Crap, so I guess Knuckles isn't the one who says the "strangle a Zeti" line since he's not going to Lost Hex.

How come you just end up in Windy Hill Zone 3? I was honestly expecting that to be one of the game's strong points, some sort of story within the zones. Yeah it might not really contribute anything to the plot, but it gives the game a sense of continuity instead of just "now you're in a water level, now you're in a fire level, now you're in a pink void filled with liquorice!" But no Sonic somehow just goes from grassy hills to underground caverns with no explanation whatsoever

wtf writers

But... this is completely irrelevant. Sonic games always had slight contrast between each levels. Sonic's just exploring Windy Hill so far, and he most likely came across a cavern to explore on that part of the map.

It doesn't really need linking to the story.

Anyone else notice how Knux has longer dreadlocks? Looks like my theory about his design in Boom met be correct.

Anyone else notice how Knux has longer dreadlocks? Looks like my theory about his design in Boom met be correct.

8fcf1b65cb1c74675da8ffdce163e473.png

That's right; then again... most of his time in that cutscene is leaning down. Hair, especially long-n-loose and dreadlocks can seem longer when the person is looking down... I'm not quite sure about this case, though.

But... this is completely irrelevant. Sonic games always had slight contrast between each levels. Sonic's just exploring Windy Hill so far, and he most likely came across a cavern to explore on that part of the map.

It doesn't really need linking to the story.

i know but

i was kind of expecting more from this game

in retrospect i honestly have no idea why, but i was