Awoo.

Lost World: Discussion, Impressions and Fan Reviews

Carbuncle

I would never say the worlds are full of detail, or tate the graphics are amazing. The distinct lack of finer detail in favour of bold colours and animations is the game's graphical hook, and while not my ideal for a Sonic game I wouldn't say no to seeing them again.

However, that then brings me on to the point that the graphics are kind of poor. There's practically nothing in the way of lighting, shaders, special effects etc etc, Apart from under the most precise and infrequent circumstances, the game looks flat and doesn't hold up to standards set by previous Sonic games and other games on the market today. If they continue this simplistic style, they've got to improve the graphical quality. Ideally we'd see a return to something more akin to every other 3D Sonic game, but I can dig this for a while if they fix it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's FPS is great, but the worlds are anything but detailed. The art style is simplistic, and that's okay. Otherwise I agree with you.

Lol I must have forgotten.. I've really only played it once even though I own it. D:

I enjoyed the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World, though I agree that the difficulty gets to be a little much at times. Plus, the DLC is fun, but it is kinda annoying that you need to get points in order to play them again.

Overall, it's a good game, but it's not great. I've heard enough crap abou the 3DS version that I decided to wait for the price drop before even thinking about it.

I enjoyed the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World, though I agree that the difficulty gets to be a little much at times. Plus, the DLC is fun, but it is kinda annoying that you need to get points in order to play them again.

Overall, it's a good game, but it's not great. I've heard enough crap abou the 3DS version that I decided to wait for the price drop before even thinking about it.

Well according to Autosaver, it's $19.99 now.

• 2 weeks later...

The second 'Tails Tips' was released via twitter on 5/2/2013. I don't think it's been posted yet.

BftzDM_IMAAhryT.jpg

Shame that one can learn this from tapping the question mark in-game or just reading the instruction manual.

I would be more inclined to read the manual of it was an ACTUAL manual, I love manuals but not these e-manuals they have swapped to :(

I would be more inclined to read the manual of it was an ACTUAL manual, I love manuals but not these e-manuals they have swapped to sad.png

I was talking about the manual that actually comes in the case.

Save for the last secret world, I finished the game about two nights ago. I actually really enjoyed it. That lengthy review one page back kind of sums up how I feel, though not completely.  I do like the environmental design. It reminds me more of Genesis games art style more than any attempt to mimic it so far.

I'll actually be a little dissapointed if the Lost World play style doesn't carry over to the next non-boom sonic title.

That said, I think it does need a little more refining.

Save for the last secret world, I finished the game about two nights ago. I actually really enjoyed it. That lengthy review one page back kind of sums up how I feel, though not completely.  I do like the environmental design. It reminds me more of Genesis games art style more than any attempt to mimic it so far.

I'll actually be a little dissapointed if the Lost World play style doesn't carry over to the next non-boom sonic title.

I hear ya there! I'm rather pumped for 2015 to see what Sonic Team will do with Lost World's presented gameplay to improve it!biggrin.png biggrin.png

Tips number #3

BgCZaaAIQAAOUpr.jpg

Huh, okay I didn't quite know that one.

Same, I knew he had a vault,...but I've never done it. I don't think that was written on the quick reference sheet was it?

No, it certainly wasn't. Hell I don't even recall it being mentioned in the game at any question mark!

It may have been, problem is a lot of the in game hints can be quite aloof about what they are trying to tell you

I don't think it was mentioned anywhere in the game. I stumbled across it a while ago myself, though. I mentioned it in a status update a while ago. It's pretty fun to pull off.

Tips number #3

BgCZaaAIQAAOUpr.jpg

I didn't know about that move either. Can't really see it being much use except for speed-runs.

Well, I didn't play the game so I don't know if my assumption is correct, but I guess this Vault Dash could be a vital move for those players who want Sonic to run fast.

One of the biggest complains I've read is that Sonic in SLW is slow: for what I saw, the reason behind this feeling is not in Sonic himself, but in the level design that doesn't allow Sonic/the player to speed, thanks to all of the obstacles and gradients that force Sonic/the player to stop and jump over them to proceed.

So, I believe the Vault Dash is a very useful (and stylistically pretty) move to use, as it can allow Sonic/the player to speed through gradients without losing his momentum

I think back when this game was still early in development, aaron mentioned it in one of the e3 videos. Anyway the vault dash isn't too helpful since it requires you to  do the vault which already kind of slows you down and its really more for being flashy since if your speed running it would just be quicker to spin dash through.

I dunno I imagine it could be useful for those jumps where sonic only jumps high enough to ledge grab

Wait, THAT'S what that piddly useless roll is for?!

Blah >:U

Tails' Tips #4

BgR2L1PIcAAixOq.jpg

Sonic sure doesn't look too happy there laugh.png

"I could have used the Laser Wisp right behind me, but nooooo! Let's proceed on foot! What could possibly go wrong?!"

• Thumbs Up 6