Awoo.

Wii Fit U: Don't forget to breathe slowly!

Autosaver

wiifitubox.png

Wii Fit U is the third title in the Wii Fit series. The first two titles were available on the Wii platform while Wii Fit U is obviously placed on the Wii U. This game features new features such as mirror mode and Gamepad minigames. This title also features a pedometer to keep track of how many calories you lose outside of the game to keep a consistent calorie count.

0a3d7d14d628090b_wiifitmeter.xxxlarge_1.

A digital trial version of the title has been released on the eShop. If you buy a Pokewalker Wii Fit Meter, you can register it and own the game forever. This allows people who own a Wii Fit Balance Board or someone who bought a used one have easy access to the game at a small price.

Why do you need a game to exercise you say? Outside is free and lovely? Well, a lot of people (especially in America) have been incredibly lazy. Obesity has become a common problem and is growing exponentially across the world. Many heart related issues can be attributed to obesity, so exercising and diet is the key to fighting health problems.

A big problem is that many people are not motivated to exercise. Yelling at them to stop being lazy won't do a single thing. Here's where Wii Fit U comes in handy. It gives you the feeling of accomplishment and rewards you for playing the game. It also turns the standard 'boring' exercises into fun routines. Want to work out your back? Here, try this lunging minigame. What to train your legs? Try out this trampoline game. The idea of being ranked and having high scores has you trying over and over again to beat your scores.The game also includes fun ways to walk around the park with your pedometer. Challenges are placed and have you accumulating miles to finish them.

In a short sentence - it makes exercising fun. 

The game also includes a variety of tools such as measuring your weight, figuring out your BMI, setting up goals, taking before/after pictures, and displaying graphs of your accomplishments. It also counts up how many calories you burned and recommends certain diets to get your calorie count low.

Oh, this game also includes a community feature. I recommend the GoNintendo Community gym.

8552-2399-0285

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh man oh MAN do i love me some FREE FIT

...i mean wii fit u yeah

The game's pretty fun, and I enjoy a lot of the new activities.

Especially the waiting one. Balancing desserts on the gamepad while walking in place? GEEEEEEENIUS

Autosaver why do you always advertise Nintendo better than Nintendo advertises Nintendo

why

I've always been curious about Wii Fit, but I already have a gym membership so it's not useful enough for me to justify the price tag.

• Thumbs Up 6

So how much is Nintendo paying you?

I'm paying Nintendo.

<3

Anyway I doubt I'd get Wii Fit U. I have Plus, but I hardly use it. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway I doubt I'd get Wii Fit U. I have Plus, but I hardly use it. :/

There's a free trial right now via eShop. To own it forever, all you have to do is buy the $20 pedometer. Not bad for an upgrade.

There's a free trial right now via eShop. To own it forever, all you have to do is buy the $20 pedometer. Not bad for an upgrade.

Don't have a Wii U tho' :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'd like to get a second meter for my dog - he's currently undergoing physical therapy after knee surgery, so this would be a perfect time to be able to track his daily exercise.  The problem is, I don't particularly want to start a collection of matched meters.  If my husband decides to get one, that'll be three identical units.  Why in heaven's name are the red and green meters not available in the US? 

On the other hand, time to buy my mom a Wii U, now that Wii Fit U is out.  She still uses WF+ on a regular basis, and with the fit meter my dad - who refuses to 'exercise' but walks miles on a daily basis - will participate as well.

I might get the cheaper version if my Wii Fit Board still works (I think it got broken due to me being lazy and not storing it safely), otherwise I'll prolly end up putting this off and never getting it lol.

I was going to ask if anyone knew how to get outfits, but I just unlocked one (literally while I was waiting for the computer to stop installing updates and start).  Completing a Walking Course gets you an outfit appropriate to the course, apparently.  There are 24 hangers and one is the starting shirt, so I think there are other ways to unlock them also.  Walking Courses are where you enter your fit meter data and it calculates your mileage, although it seems to be underestimating my stride length.  I just completed the 13 mile New York course.  I'm also working on Hawaii, but that one's a lot longer - a lap of an entire island.

I like the Scuba game, but it really makes me want a new Endless Ocean for the Wii U.  I'm also really liking the Orienteering, although I'm not sure why they named it that.  You're not following a map and compass; rather it's a scavenger hunt for Miis photographed in various places around the island.  I've always liked the games that let you explore the island.  The running courses are at different times of day now.  I've also noted that it's very fall-looking, and wondering if that's going to change with the calendar dates.  Apparently it's not such a tropical island after all! 

• Thumbs Up 1