Awoo.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

FourCartridge

So in what turned out to be the only bomb dropped in Sony's launch livestream, a new Uncharted was revealed; possibly the most popular Sony IP aside from Gran Turismo. We know little about the game aside that it is a new Uncharted game for PS4, though the teaser seems to hint it will take place in Southern Africa.A man was heard talking about being abandoned and buried alive, and Drake was nowhere to be seen. 

EDIT: You can find a good dissection of the teaser here.

Thoughts? I'm cautiously hyped; UC3 let me down after Among Thieves but it's my favorite of Sony's franchises.

Cast & Crew:

Creative Directors - Amy Hennig & Justin Richmond

VAs:

Todd Stashwick - Teaser Voice Over

Promotional Renders:

Uncharted-4-600x322.jpg 

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 5

I am very disappointed at this game's existence. I was hyping for a new, fresh IP from Naughty Dog for the PS4, like Jak for PS2 and, heck, Uncharted for PS3. But NOPE. More Uncharted. 

I can understand people's excitement, especially if you're a fan of the franchise, but I just can't bring myself to feel it when I wanted something new. I can only hope the other ND team makes a new franchise for PS4 alongside the Uncharted team making Uncharted games, thus continuing the ND tradition and what I was actually hyped for ND-wise. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 8

Beyond hyped, Day 1. GOTY. I fucking love Uncharted even thought 3 was a bit of a letdown. I was afraid they would end the series on a dissapointing note but I'm glad to see it'll live on in the next generation.

• Thumbs Up 3

Given that Uncharted 3 was, at points, nearly a re-skinning of 2, I can only wonder how many ideas they have left for this series. Not meaning to sound condescending or what-have-you, just... cautious.

I've always found the idea that tradition must continue because it's tradition to be, quite frankly, absurd. Uncharted 4 is a good move for them. Critically-acclaimed and highly-demanded, it will get them a lot of money and shift a lot of units, I'd imagine. Personal grievances or personal expectations are irrelevant, I'm afraid. 

Oh, just getting this out there now: I swear to God If anyone in here complains about it being any more guilty of having a boring premise or being re-hashy than Mario, I'm going to tear out your spinal columns and strangle you with them.

Edited by Heinous Creature

Oh, just getting this out there now: I swear to God if anyone in here complains about it being any more guilty of having a boring premise or being re-hashy than Mario, I'm going to tear out your spinal columns and strangle you with them.

I hate it as much with Mario as I'd hate it here, man. Gimmie my nervous system back. :U

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

Not really a bomb drop if you ask me. I assumed Uncharted 4 would be announced. Either here or at VGX. Eh, I'm only really interested to see how the game will graphically push the PS4.

I personally can't wait for this new Uncharted Game. I love the Uncharted Series, yes even the vita one (Even though Vita Drake looks frightening as hell). I want to see more on Drakes past and have them expand more on what they hinted at in the third game. I am excited!

Comparison:

PS3 Drake:

10315-drake.jpg

PS Vita Drake

unchartedgatxtscr_001-large.jpg

Fucking Terrifying 

• Thumbs Up 1

A bit disappointing, but not altogether unexpected.

The game will probably be good, not quite sure how good, but Naughty Dog are quality developers so I doubt they'd release a straight-up poor game. Will wait and see what UC4 is like, but more importantly, I plan on waiting and seeing what the TLoU Division ends up working on now they've finished with that game.

Implying the voice over isn't the villain of the game. Come on, guys. COME OOONNNN.

Anyway, not hyped about this really, but it would be something for me to get once I have a PS4 (not the reason I get one).

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Beyond hyped, Day 1. GOTY. I fucking love Uncharted even thought 3 was a bit of a letdown. I was afraid they would end the series on a dissapointing note but I'm glad to see it'll live on in the next generation.

Really, GOTY and it hasn't even been shown beyond a teaser? 

Eh, honestly would have preferred something new from Naughty Dog like The Last of Us. Sure I have issues with the gameplay and a few elements of the story, but it was exciting and different. Don't get me wrong, Uncharted was a pretty good game, but this seems like less of a bomb and more of a simple expected announcement.

I can only hope the other ND team makes a new franchise for PS4 alongside the Uncharted team making Uncharted games, thus continuing the ND tradition and what I was actually hyped for ND-wise. 

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that ND is going to make a new IP sometime in the future. Just look at this:

e099.png

Edited by Lamor

Already my most anticipated next gen game. Guaranteed to crush everything else technically unless Santa Monica makes their move, can't wait to count all of the polygons in Sully's moustache while he retcons one of his not-too-subtle stories.

And Amy is directing? Gibe now pls.

ps: Uncharted didn't stop ND from making a new IP this gen and this will rake in the monies so they can experiment with more risqué concepts.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I'm excited, i love the series. 3 wasn't as good as 2 but it was still pretty awesome.

I wonder who the voice is. I hope it's an older Drake, the idea that he's spent 15 years in prison since the last game and come out a changed man has a lot of potential for me.....

Already my most anticipated next gen game. Guaranteed to crush everything else technically unless Santa Monica makes their move, can't wait to count all of the polygons in Sully's moustache while he retcons one of his not-too-subtle stories.

And Amy is directing? Gibe now pls.

ps: Uncharted didn't stop ND from making a new IP this gen and this will rake in the monies so they can experiment with more risqué concepts.

I would hope so, but I don't want it to be like PS3 when there was a Uncharted trilogy and one other game. I want there to be a new trilogy by ND as well as Uncharted, not just one game from a fresh new IP. I hope that's what happens. 

Need that Install base though don't you.

They're using Uncharted like Nintendo are using Mario, and Microsoft are using Halo. To attract attention from gamers who loved the Uncharted series (of which there are many), and get them invested in the platform. That and make money.

The Prime-Time Naughty Dog Team, who worked on TLoU, can then go about doing whatever the fuck they want, because finances have been generated and the platform has got itself a solid user-base.

Bit disappointed about the new Uncharted. =/ This is good and all, but I was really looking forward to a whole new IP, or even a new Last of Us game set in the UK. Or something!

If it's true that the LoU team is creating a different game though, I'm eagerly awaiting that one.

If it's true that the LoU team is creating a different game though, I'm eagerly awaiting that one.

We don't know for sure, but we definitely know that once they're done with TLoU DLC, they'll be moving on towards their PS4 project. What that ultimately ends up being....? Well that's something we'll have to wait for.

It may well be a brand new IP.

Drake-face.jpg

Yes! More Uncharted is a good deal. Of course something new would be great, but this is cool neverthless, I mean, it's Uncharted we're talking about, these games are fucking epic.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure what to think about this. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Uncharted, but it's definitely fun. I have some problems with the shooting (My reticule is on their face, why isn't it hitting them?! xO) and the other things that I'd change (Less shooting, more climbing and exploring) aren't really likely to change. A new IP from the would've been nice, too.

I'll probably get this anyway.

Drake-face.jpg
Yes! More Uncharted is a good deal. Of course something new would be great, but this is cool neverthless, I mean, it's Uncharted we're talking about, these games are fucking epic.

What's that from? laugh.png  That Mobile PS-Allstars game?

Edited by MarcelloF