Awoo.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

FourCartridge

Here's the trailer

Well hey, glad Drake and Sully are back. Elena too if that wedding ring is to go by anything.

Just wish they would've showed gameplay...

U33cXQt.jpg

1080p, targeting 60fps.

oh. my.

if sully dies i will quit the franchise tho

and cry

mother fuck he didn't clear the chamber before inserting the clip back in. He's M9-'s gonna JAM. - the fact I even can see that is a HUGE improvement and finally shows us what next gen is like. ( unless it's CGI.... :c ) -

The graphics look really great. Wow.

Hopefully the game doesn't go too serious. The typical humor should stay.

Holy crap. This is just wow.

The funny thing is, this will still classify as an early PS4 game. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up because of the PS4's architecture being exactly like a PC and therefore being very easy to program for...but future games might look better than this if the previous generations are anything to go by.

Omgosh it looks unbelievably good in 60fps! If only all games on PS4 could look this good, though I'm sure once we reach the end of the PS4's life games by then will really be out of this world.

I hope Cutter returns. I really liked him in 3.

I was afraid he'd betray Nate the whole time and was happy that didn't happen.

*Suddenly has the desire to buy a PS3 to catch up on the Uncharted series before this game comes out *

I still need to finish the third game.

I hope this is more like 2. I think 2 is better than 3 so far.

*Suddenly has the desire to buy a PS3 to catch up on the Uncharted series before this game comes out *

odds are they will put out an uncharted collection for ps4 before this comes out

E3 Footage was entirely in game:

http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-4s-trailer-was-a-part-of-an-actual-level-in-the-game-was-all-in-engine

They (Naughty Dog’s Studio Coordinator Rodney Reece and Lead FX Artist Keith Guerrette) confirmed to us that the Uncharted 4 trailer showcased during Sony’s E3 2014 press conference was a part of an actual level in game. Secondly, they also confirmed that the entire trailer was running in real time on the PlayStation 4 and it was all in-engine.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-uncharted-4-and-the-last-of-us-at-60-fps

foLzASY.png

• 8 months later...

Let's get this topic up to speed. 

Gameplay demo from the Playstation Experience in December. Looks fantastic, as expected.

Some tidbits about the story and gameplay from a Gameinformer interview in January.

Originally Posted by recks

- Porting TLOU to PS4 helped Uncharted 4 development
- Small team working on it since U3 development ended, half the team moved to U4 after TLOU and the rest after Left Behind
- Takes places 3 years after U3
- At the start of U4 Drake is living an happy life with Elena, then Sam appears
- Drake thought Sam was dead
- Sam life depends on him finding an artifact from Henry Avery
- Drake feels indebted of his brother and he can't resist getting back on treasure hunting
- Story takes Drake and Sam to Libertalia "a mythic Madagascar colony purportedly founded by pirates"
- Says you're not going to spend the whole game on the island, teases snowy and urban enviroments
- Two rival hunters, Rafe and Nadine
- Rafe is a very different treasure hunter than Drake, with different morale and approach
- Nadine owns a private military company in South Africa
- Villains will play a bigger role this time
- "The lack of Sam being in Nathan life for so long is what's driven him in the last games"
- Sam is five years older than Drake
- Teases Elena and Sully
- Sam is even more reckless than Drake
- Sam is jealous of Drake, sees him as the 'better at everything little brother'
- Lots of rivalry between them
- ND didn't want to talk about Drake and Sam past
- Artifacts (collectibles) may contain notes poiting to more treasures/artifacts
- Enemies can grab your leg if you try to push them over ledges
- More tools besides Rope and Piton (metal spike)
- They're not ready to talk about them yet
- Wants to incorporate the tools into puzzles
- GI saw an extended demo with a new scene. Drake is beaten down while Sam is rested, they start arguing the existance of Avery secret, then something catches Drake's eye, he moves forward, pull some foliage, revealing a gray monument with a carving.
- Focusing on navigational freedom for this entry
- Showed multiple paths, one finding an extra cave, other bypassing a group of enemies
- Plenty of side stories if you're looking for them
- In the demo they showed Drake taking a more riskier climbing route, that almost makes him fall in the sea
- All paths have consequences, there's no "Golden path"
- Rehauled A.I system
- Compared Sam A.I to Ellie, but says Sam is a grown up treasure hunter, so he's much stronger than Ellie
- Trying to "explore what it's like to be with somebody as capable of Nathan Drake"
- Not giving a straight answer if this is Drake last adventure
- Still plenty of humour in the game
- Concept of set piece is "What's something impactful that we can do to switch expectations and how can we have it emotionally charged?"

It's not all good news though. Just today Naughty Dog announced that the game wont be meeting it's 2015 release date.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/11/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-coming-spring-2016-2/

nce we showed you our first gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, more of the game and story have come together, and it’s become clear to us that this game is much more ambitious than we originally envisioned.

After spending so many years with Nathan Drake, he means a lot to the team, and telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don’t take lightly – this game deserves every bit of the attention to detail, precise pacing, and nuanced storytelling Naughty Dog is known for.

So we’ve made the difficult choice of pushing the game’s release date. Giving us a few extra months will make certain that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End not only meets the team’s high standards but the high standards that gamers have come to expect from a Naughty Dog title.

Thank you for your patience – we know the extra wait will be excruciating, but you’ll see it will be worth it as we reveal more about Uncharted 4 over the next year. The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves. Come Spring 2016, you and Nate are in for one thrilling, emotional ride.

Kind of dissapointing, but considering how huge this game is going to be I kind of expected a delay.

• Thumbs Up 1

> MFW Uncharted 4 is delayed

B_1liwVWYAAXNth.jpg

Yeah this is a good thing for Naughty Dog to delay this plus gives us breathing room between Rise of Tomb Raider and U4.

• Thumbs Up 1

I ultimately think that it's for the best. Given how Sony rushed LittleBigPlanet 3 out for Christmas last year, I would hate to see another big franchise of their's get rushed to the point where it feels unpolished. Who knows, we might get that 60fps after all because of this.

As for exclusives this year, there's still Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, and R&C, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another title at E3. I'm mainly going to be playing multiplats this fall though, so....

Honestly, Rise of the Tomb Raider wouldn't stand a chance against Uncharted. Tomb Raider is good but it's still a bit of an Uncharted styled game. It isn't going to be a fully upgraded version of the game that began the gameplay to begin with.

Uncharted had millions of QTE gory death scenes ? I need to see this. I'm tired of seeing Uncharted comparisons when Uncharted looks (from what I've seen) become it's own thing, while I will agree Tomb Raider has lost it's identity during the 2013 release while maintaining that supernatural element to the story. It's just becoming a scrapgoat argument at best.

and If TR was multiplat on PS4/PC this year (With no timed release) then it would've managed to gain more sales during U4:ATE delay if out at the end of the year.

I enjoyed the first of the TR reboot but I don't think it would be a serious competitor against Uncharted 4, I don't think it's going to be the game that get's people thinking that they need to get an Xbox One over a PS4. Still, I guess it's a nice thing for Microsoft to have, it's just that Sony need to fill that gap somehow, maybe a smaller exclusive getting a bigger push and a third party marketing deal with a big fall release (I.E: Star Wars Battlefront).

I'm sure Sony will have The Last Guardian ready as a replacement.

*snickers*

• Thumbs Up 3