Awoo.

Brad

I love this series! It is one of my favorite animes! But I think that Abridged Comedy's AOT series is really funny!

I have seen a short clip of it... It was that scene with the guy being swallowed and trapped in the Titan's stomach... Ugh, it made me feel a bit nauseous as quick as it was. Please tell me there are no more scenes like that. If there are, I may just skip this one. If not I may watch it if I ever get the chance.

I hate  vore with a passion....

I have seen a short clip of it... It was that scene with the guy being swallowed and trapped in the Titan's stomach... Ugh, it made me feel a bit nauseous as quick as it was. Please tell me there are no more scenes like that. If there are, I may just skip this one. If not I may watch it if I ever get the chance.

Yeah, this anime is bloody and gory as hell. LOTS of dismemberment too.

This series is on my watch list for sure. From what I've heard about it, I think I'll love it, just got to wait until all the episodes are available for free viewing on Crunchyroll.

*leaves topic to avoid spoiler rush*

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the show has a lot of that kind of gore and blood. They don't skip over on it, which I like personally like as I think it adds a tone of gritty realism to it. Seeing the actual act of a Titan eating somebody is not only chilling but sends the message that nobody is safe, and makes you care more for the characters and root for them.

Attack on Titan is alright, but it really isn't anything special.

It starts out really strong but as it goes on it just gets dumber and dumber. Its still good but its nowhere near as entertaining as the start. After around episode 23 I lost interest and went to the manga, and after it got past the point where the anime ended it got so fucking boring I just up and quit.

Also the manga over saturates flashbacks way to much, I could barely tell what wasn't a flashback because theres so many of them.

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 5

Only up to episode 8/9 with the anime so far but I'm loving it so far. The storyline is really interesting and I feel bad for not keeping up to date with it. :/

Edited by Gabe Scrooge

This show is kinda weird for me. I'm 13 episodes in. It started out really good but ever since Eren's first real Titan fight it's kinda dropped off a bit. It's just kinda boring and weird a lot of the time. Hopefully it picks up.

Yeah, this anime is bloody and gory as hell. LOTS of dismemberment too.

Yeah, the show has a lot of that kind of gore and blood. They don't skip over on it, which I like personally like as I think it adds a tone of gritty realism to it. Seeing the actual act of a Titan eating somebody is not only chilling but sends the message that nobody is safe, and makes you care more for the characters and root for them.

I figured the show was going to have gore, and that usually doesn't bother me much. It's really my general disgust towards people getting eaten alive (Or vore if that's what you want to call it, which I guess would be a poor choice of words honestly,) that's keeping me from wanting to watch it, and the aforementioned scene within the Titan's internals really didn't help.  

Still, I might give this show a chance in the future. I can't let some odd fetishes on the internet ruin everything for me. tongue.png

Edited by Robrainiac

I would highly recommend watching this series. The animation is amazing, the story is very well written. It's one of my favorite shows I've watched. Each episode left me wanting more. It is definitely a series worth watching.

This is the only anime that has made me cry. Seriously, episode 1-3 were amazingly tough to watch because of the emotional level.

Good anime, not many pull me in but I couldn't stop reading chapters of the manga when i was done using the anime as crack.

It started off interestingly enough, and it held my attention until about episode 15 - after that I couldn't bring myself to watch any more. It's not that it suddenly became bad, it just seems that once the novelty of it's visuals, music and atmosphere wore off, there wasn't much to remain interested in. Neither the characters nor the story did anything interesting for me (I correctly predicted the only 'major' revelation that I can remember, so that didn't help either). I'll probably finish it off some day, but it quickly transitioned from 'must watch' to 'eh, I'll add it to the list'.

Edited by Chronozoah

• 2 months later...

Bumping the thread with this live action commercial by the guy who is making the "Attack on Titan" movie, Shinji Higuchi.

Thoughts? It looked a lot better than I thought it would. The Titans genuinely freaked me out, despite looks a little ugly at times.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Colossal Titan actually looks impressive in this, and just think he'll have a much bigger budget to work with, for the movie.

• 1 month later...

This is a series I really want to get into, I really like the concept...I just have no idea where you can see it :P

So I've just started watching this a couple of days ago. For months I've seen the hype, my partner and even younger brother have been begging me to watch it and now I hear there's a movie coming out next year (which I hope is going to be decent, at least live action Death Note decent)! First I read some of the manga, then I stopped halfway through the third chapter because once again I was told to watch the anime instead.

Well, I'm a few episodes in now and da-amn, it's WAY better than the manga! Not only is the animation incredible to look at but there's so much action and drama compared to the manga. The anime also doesn't have the five year skip that the manga has, so you get to know the characters better. Also, the music. Omg the music is epic! Guren no Yumiya is the best OP of any anime ever and it's one of the very few I listen to everytime the episode starts. No fast forwarding from me! The ED song is really nice too.

As for my favourite characters, kind of early to say but I think Mikasa, Armin and of course Sasha aka potato girl are the ones I like most!

This is a series I really want to get into, I really like the concept...I just have no idea where you can see it tongue.png

Crunchyroll is your friend. =3

The anime also doesn't have the five year skip that the manga has, so you get to know the characters better.

Actually, the pre-skip material is in the manga, it's just that it was placed earlier in the anime. In the manga, if I recall, they do that in a flashback after the battle of Trost.

The manga's earlier chapters aren't terribly good, mainly because the author's art is incredibly rough. He gets much, much better later on, though, so reading the manga ahead of where the anime has currently stopped is a good idea.

Yeah even now, I think the magna's art is a bit... ew. Though it can certainly make creepy looking faces and poses which is perfect for this series. Armin made a horrifying face in the latest chapter jfc

fcxAkT5.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, that is what I am having trouble with in current chapters. The art is super distracting and for the most part, not really coherent and rough. Sure, the story is awesome, but if the option were to just read text and not look at distracting ass art, I'd take a book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbaa4l6d4lY

A clip of AoT's english dub from FUnimation. It's an elite subscriber exclusive thing going on, I was only able to snag the audio, I'll see if i can get the other stuff as it comes out through the week. And the Anime will be released in America on June 3, 2014.