Awoo.

Project 24 - December 15th 2013 MIDNIGHT GMT [RadioSEGA, Sonic Radio, RadioNintendo Collab]

Jeffhog

Project-24.png

TSS News Post

9 days from now, a once time-honoured tradition on SEGASonic:Radio is set to return to its airwaves. Those who stuck around long enough will no doubt have heard of it - it is a sweet little day long marathon of DJs bantering around, quality music blasting from the speakers, and more.

Coming round for its 5th edition, Project 24 has been a massive success in its runs and will go live on SS:R as soon as the bell tolls at midnight GMT, kicking off once it's December 15th! Listeners are invited to tune in on this special occasion and chat with our esteemed masters of ceremony, especially if they are up for winning sweet, sweet prizes!

In the past, Project 24 brought together DJs old and new from the station's history, but this year, things have been shaken up quite a bit, for not only will SEGASonic:Radio play host to this event once more, but it will be joined by friends and affiliates at RadioSEGASonic Radio, and RadioNintendo as well!

Here is the tentative schedule for the event - take note that it is not final and is therefore subject to change!

• 12am - Welcome Show / The Music Plant Zone with VizardJeffhog [sS:R]
  • 1am - The Music Plant Zone with VizardJeffhog [sS:R]
  • 2am - Sanity Within Chaos with cdrom1019 [RN]
  • 3am - Sanity Within Chaos with cdrom1019 [RN]
  • 4am - A/V Hijack with Biafra Republic [sS:R]
  • 5am - A/V Hijack with Biafra Republic [sS:R]
  • 6am - Paraphernalia Radio with JayZeach [sS:R*]
  • 7am - Paraphernalia Radio with JayZeach [sS:R*]
  • 8am - Random Hour with foreversonic [RS]
  • 9am - Random Hour with foreversonic [RS]
  • 10am - Turbo Drive Live with Turbo [sS:R]
  • 11am - Turbo Drive Live with Turbo [sS:R]
  • 12pm - Cyber Razor Cut with SonicYoda [RS]
  • 1pm - Cyber Razor Cut with SonicYoda [RS]
  • 2pm - The Late Late Late Afternoon Breakfast Show with Shadow Remix [sR]
  • 3pm - The Late Late Late Afternoon Breakfast Show with Shadow Remix [sR]
  • 4pm - T-Time with T-Bird [sS:R*]
  • 5pm - T-Time with T-Bird [sS:R*]
  • 6pm - SEGA Mixer Drive with Rexy [RS]
  • 7pm - SEGA Mixer Drive with Rexy [RS]
  • 8pm - Top 40 Countdown with KC [RS]
  • 9pm - Top 40 Countdown with KC [RS]
  • 10pm - Silver's Saturday Show with SilverSonic [RN]
  • 11pm - Silver's Saturday Show with SilverSonic [RN]
  • 12pm - Closing Show / The Music Plant Zone with VizardJeffhog [sS:R]

More details will be trickling through the grapevine, so it would be in your best interest to keep tabs on the four stations involved. As head of SEGASonic:Radio and on behalf of the P24 crew, I hope to see you all on December 15th! Check back for frequent updates!

ssrlogo.png

sonicradiologo.png

radionintendologo.png

radiosegalogo.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Might as well take the time to say, on behalf of the RadioSEGA crew, that it's a pleasure to be a part of Project 24 once more. :)

As for my show (RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown), I'll be sharing details on how everyone can (and should) take part and win prizes, in the next few days...

• Thumbs Up 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Hell-freaking yes this returns! And it's four different radio stations joining the fray.

I was hoping for Radio Nintendo to be a part of P24 for the past two years; and I believe the the perfect person to represent RN in that endeavor is SilverSonic. I'm also pleasantly surprised you got cdrom1019 back to the SS:R airwaves; if I remember correctly he did set the record to most people to listen in for his P24 special with Roger Craig Smith as a guest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy balls. I don't know if I'll be able to make the full thing, but I damn sure will be there for as much as I can! Sounds like a blast!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Revolution shares some of its staff with Sonic Radio; needless to say I'll be trying to tune in to as much as I can! smile.png I'm eager to see what you guys get up to!

I'm beginning to wonder if bringing the station back was a mistake jeffhog....people really seem to miss the silence of the starlight carnival text  lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Quick question. Is this on UK time or US time? I'd have to convert the hours then to see which hour will each show play overseas.

Quick question. Is this on UK time or US time? I'd have to convert the hours then to see which hour will each show play overseas.

As stated in the OP it begins Saturday, December 15th 12 AM/midnight GMT, so say you're on the east coast of the U.S. it'll start for us at about 7 PM EST on Friday, December 14th.

...Right? 

• Thumbs Up 1

As stated in the OP it begins Saturday, December 15th 12 AM/midnight GMT, so say you're on the east coast of the U.S. it'll start for us at about 7 PM EST on Friday, December 14th.

...Right? 

You're right! Thanks for your help. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

N-N-no...why does the world hate me so.

I'm away from a computer for the whole of the 15th. I could cry.

...is it going to be recorded? 

N-N-no...why does the world hate me so.

I'm away from a computer for the whole of the 15th. I could cry.

...is it going to be recorded? 

As for the RadioSEGA shows, yes, they'll be recorded and available in podcast form shortly after.

Will there be a chat connected to this one?

The SS:R Chatroom, of course!

It's that little green Sonic icon on the top left of the SSMB. We'll be linking to it towards the event.

• Thumbs Up 1

The SS:R Chatroom, of course!

It's that little green Sonic icon on the top left of the SSMB. We'll be linking to it towards the event.

Yep, #sonicstadium on irc.surrealchat.net

I'm in this one already. Kinda quiet most of the time. 'Twould be really cool, in my opinion, if this became like an official, general TSS IRC chat room.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, #sonicstadium on irc.surrealchat.net

I'm in this one already. Kinda quiet most of the time. 'Twould be really cool, in my opinion, if this became like an official, general TSS IRC chat room.

To my knowledge though, it actually is. Skype did deter a good chunk of the traffic since SS:R shut down back in early '12.

To my knowledge though, it actually is. Skype did deter a good chunk of the traffic since SS:R shut down back in early '12.

Oh. Well I think it would be very helpful if it were more prominently displayed. I think I found it from a sticky in the Chit-Chat forum which has since been unstickied. Maybe, next to the green thing at the top right, you could put something like "SEGASonic Radio and Official IRC Chat" (just as an example). I'm sure there are other ways to put it out there as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yes; the IRC chat isn't as robust as it used to be for the past couple of years, other than the occasional special or short-term blip. 

Ok, news time! My slot will be filled with RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown - Classic Sonic Edition.

What I'm going to do is play the Top 40 classic Sonic tunes from the Mega Drive/Genesis games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, 3D and Spinball). Of course, the people will have the last word, so here's the link to a poll where you can vote for your 20 favourites: RSTop40 - P24 2013 Poll.

Please, vote, as there's no point in doing this unless you folks get involved. smile.png

The Top 40 will be played this Sunday on S:SR, during Project 24, starting at 8pm GMT. There will also be a few prizes to be won. But more details on that are coming shortly.

Ok, news time! My slot will be filled with RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown - Classic Sonic Edition.

What I'm going to do is play the Top 40 classic Sonic tunes from the Mega Drive/Genesis games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, 3D and Spinball). Of course, the people will have the last word, so here's the link to a poll where you can vote for your 20 favourites: RSTop40 - P24 2013 Poll.

Please, vote, as there's no point in doing this unless you folks get involved. smile.png

The Top 40 will be played this Sunday on S:SR, during Project 24, starting at 8pm GMT. There will also be a few prizes to be won. But more details on that are coming shortly.

What no Knuckles' Chaotix?! it technicly counts

What no Knuckles' Chaotix?! it technicly counts

I know and so does Sonic CD, but the poll was big enough as it is, so I went with the MD/Genesis-only rule. Games that require no add-ons to play. Sorry! happy.png