Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I think I'm gonna be the odd one out and say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be a good game adaptation.

Sonic Generations. It's a really solid and enjoyable game though the story is sort of...non-existent. 

I think I'm gonna be the odd one out and say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be a good game adaptation.

I agree 100%. A Sonic 3 & Knuckles adaptation >>> Sonic Adventure/2 adaptation.

Guys, he's asking about what games to play on Twitch, not what game to adapt.

Guys, he's asking about what games to play on Twitch, not what game to adapt.

Gonna repeat this statement in bold so you see this a second time and see what he was saying. :P

I'd like to watch you play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic Generations. If you play 3K though, you should try the hack Sonic 3: Complete. It's about the best Sonic 3 experience you can get.

• Thumbs Up 6

I've gotten some feedback that people would like me to play on twitch again. (maybe with the game volume not at deafening levels...) I have two questions. 

1) I'm probably going to play one of the 5 following games. Which would you rather watch and talk about?

(Please don't read too much into the list...):

Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic Generations
Sonic CD

2) When should I do this? What time of day? what day of week? weekday? weekend? afternoon? night?

Thanks guys (and gals)!

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is (IMO) the best Sonic game so far. If not that, I'd say Sonic Generations.

As for the time, I think the time you did it at last time was fine. Weekends are probably best, seeing how most don't have school or work then.

Oh, now I saw Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the list.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is (IMO) the best Sonic game so far. If not that, I'd say Sonic Generations.

As for the time, I think the time you did it at last time was fine. Weekends are probably best, seeing how most don't have school or work then.

[2]

Be sure to get save states ready if you play Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I want to be the odd and say Sonic Adventure 2.

It was one of the first Sonic games that introduce me to the Sonic Universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 & Knuckles by far is the best game on that list in my opinion, followed closely by Sonic CD. Both have great gameplay, fun levels, interesting boss fights, awesome music (personally I use Sonic CD's Japanese/European soundtrack since that's the one I grew up with in my country).

Sonic 3K is a grand adventure, and the epic finale to the "Death Egg Saga" of the classic games, and is pretty much Sonic Teams magnum opus in my eyes. I know a lot of people choose Sonic 2 but 3K is my personal top choice from the classic era.

Sonic CD on the other hand has that interesting time travel mechanic and levels that are heavily used for exploring, to find and destroy the robot making machines and the holograms of Metal Sonic (also being the game to first introduce Metal Sonic as he is today and Amy Rose too) to make a good future in each zone, with the reward being alternate endings, also the anime style traditional animation on the Sonic CD cutscenes are really nice and the music is up there with some of the more memorable classic tracks. I also love Sonic's Super Peel Out (Figure 8) move from that game, revving up on the spot and taking off running as opposed to his spin dash always felt great to me.

Generations would be third on my list, its a great modern era game, a lot better than a lot of the others I feel and shows a great portion of Sonic's history in a game form, tho its story is not its strong point. Then Sonic 3D Blast and then Sonic Adventure 2 as a final resort. I never liked the human aspect of Adventure 2, and even today I still feel Shadow should have stayed gone after the ending, it really cheapens it that he came back, his story was done. I always saw Metal Sonic as Sonics rival far more than any black alien/whatever the crap Shadow is meant to be. Didn't much like Rouge either, or most of the story in SA2, the Chao stuff was brilliant tho :P

1) I'm probably going to play one of the 5 following games. Which would you rather watch and talk about?

(Please don't read too much into the list...):

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Sonic Generations

Sonic CD

Sonic Adventure 2. It's by far the best 3D Sonic game with its gripping story-line and solid gameplay. I'd watch that!

Sonic Adventure 2. It's by far the best 3D Sonic game with its gripping story-line and solid gameplay. I'd watch that!

You do realise you just stated your opinion as fact, right?

I didn't find SA2 to be that great honestly. I mean, I'd put it at the same level as Lost World as okay. I just found the other gameplay styles boring or flawed, which bogged the experience down for me. I didn't mind Knickles and Gamma in SA1, while Sonic, Tails, and Amy all had a similar gameplay style that I found fun. Big was ugh though. The story was pretty good in SA2, but I prefer SA1's by far.

I'd go with Adventure or Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, he didn't. He didn't use the word "fact" anywhere in his statement. If someone saying something is the best automatically equates to fact, then everyone in here who says Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best game ever are equally wrong. As long as someone doesn't declare that what they're saying is fact, it's safe to assume that what they're saying is opinion.

• Thumbs Up 4

No, he didn't.

Oh really?

It's by far the best 3D Sonic game

If someone saying something is the best automatically equates to fact, then everyone in here who says Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best game ever is equally as wrong.

Yes, they are. Your point?

EDIT: I've just looked, and no-one who goes for an S3&K playthrough in this thread does so without qualifying it as their opinion. There's Azoo, Tenko and TimmiT, and they all do it.

Eeeeh...I think we should move on. Let's tell Van our opinions on the games that we think he should play.

I think Adventure, CD, and Generations are my personal favourites, I'd definitely recommend them.

Adventure was a big game because it was the first proper 3D Sonic game, and I feel that it conveyed the feel of the classics well, but in 3D. I think all of the stories in it are fun apart from Big's, which is just boring. But overall, gameplay is fun for the most part, the story is one if my favourite Sonic stories ever and the soundtrack is ear bliss.

CD is perhaps my favourite classic Sonic game. The level design is wacky and creative, the graphics are colourful and really pop, both soundtracks are really good and the game introduced what I consider to be the second best villain behind Eggman; Metal Sonic.

Generations I'd recommend because it feels like the most solid 3D Sonic game out there to me, and it was a celebration of the most iconic moments in Sonic history. The gameplay is really fun, fast, and frantic, the graphics are gorgeous and it's got a brilliant soundtrack. It's personally my favourite Sonic game.

I agree with Oggy in that Generations could be a good choice; the variety of levels in the game allow almost everyone to see something they like. Plus, it gives us the chance to discuss the whole series rather than one game.

Erm, no I didn't. Where did I say it was a fact?

Erm, no I didn't. Where did I say it was a fact?

It's by far the best 3D Sonic game

"The Eiffel Tower is big" is a fact, and stated as such. I do not need to say "It is a fact that the Eiffel Tower is big" for me to be stating it as fact. 

You said: "It is by far the best 3D Sonic game." Sounds like you think it's a fact to me.

Oh really?

Yes, they are. Your point?

EDIT: I've just looked, and no-one who goes for an S3&K playthrough in this thread does so without qualifying it as their opinion. There's Azoo, Tenko and TimmiT, and they all do it.

He still didn't say it was fact. You assumed he was. In any case, back to the discussion.

The games I recommend Van to play are Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which I consider to be the best Classic game; and Sonic Adventure 1/2 which I consider the best 3D Sonic games. Generations would also be a great game for him to play, especially since it can be finished very quickly. It makes for a very nice in-between game.

He still didn't say it was fact. You assumed he was. In any case, back to the discussion.

"The Eiffel Tower is big" is a fact, and stated as such. I do not need to say "It is a fact that the Eiffel Tower is big" for me to be stating it as fact. 

You said: "It is by far the best 3D Sonic game." Sounds like you think it's a fact to me.

For crying out loud.

Regardless of how it was stated, it's pretty clear that he was speaking of his opinion, and it's a pretty common opinion at that. Do we really need to be pedantic about this? I'm all for clarifying the differences between fact and opinion, but there's such a thing as being obnoxiously petty. 

While I do agree it was a but douchey to single Solid out in particular, the fact is this is happens way too much around here and in general, and it gets my goat. There are many other posts I could rib daily for doing this, but I've held my tongue because I thought something like this would happen. I do want to say, Solid, that this isn't personal at all and I didn't mean to insult/offend you at all with it. I just think it's a horrid way to talk because I see it so much and it's almost always how arguments start:

X states opinion as fact

Y states opinion as fact, makes subtle insinuation that X's opinion is invalid

X is offended Y doesn't even consider their opinion, begins debate with mean competitive undertones

Both think the other is wrong because they are trying to show their opinion as right; they aren't debating which opinion is more sensible or more reasoned, they're each just trying to show the other's is wrong.

So yes, I think we should be pedantic about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

First game=/=only game

He will most likely play other games....man. It's called
Logic" people......

As for the first I say the game that got an established univers would be the best start. SA1 would be nice, Took the characters and made em more 3D and interesting. Was a very nice game. I recommend that. 

SA2 would be nice for atmosphere and setting. Secret Rings would be nice to observe how to pull off an exciting finale. And dialogue? uhhhh.....not many Sonic games have good one's of those, most of them being forced humor or bad translation....perhaps Sonic Battle? SA2? I dunno....

S3&K needs to be used for a games pacing I say. That game is the KING  of pacing in all Sonic games I feel. One of my favorites as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When it comes to dialogue....Hueston, we have a problem. The only really good examples of dialogue in Sonic from the top of my head are any game from Unleashed forwards. Though that could just be me, I know there are some people who are I different to Roger Craig Smith's portrayal of Sonic. While, in my opinion, Roger has done the best performance for Sonic, I can't deny that Griffith was brilliant towards the end of his run.