Awoo.

Disney Channel's 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains

Nintendoga

Figured we could all use a good laugh
and cry at our childhoods dying

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/12/12/disney-channel-original-movie-descendants/

Disneys-Descendants-LOGO.jpg

The newest Disney Channel Original Movie is asking you to think things you never thought about your favorite Disney characters.

The network has announced that casting is now under way for a contemporary live-action adventure-comedy called Descendants that explores the teenage lives of the children of some of Disney’s greatest villain characters.

Here’s the scoop: Beast and Belle rule over an idyllic kingdom with their kind teenage son, who looks to be taking the throne, but his first proclamation involves a shot at redemption for the misbehaving kids of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen from Snow White, and Jafar (named Carlos, Mal, Evvie, and Jay, respectively).

The teens attend the kingdom’s hottest prep school alongside other famous offspring, including the children of the Fairy Godmother, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, and Mulan. The villainous teens face a dilemma of nature vs. nurture, and whether they’ll follow in their parents’ footsteps or embrace their own inner hero.

The film comes from a script by Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott, and will be helmed by Emmy winner Kenny Ortega, who knows his way around a DCOM – he’s the director/choreographer behind High School Musical.

LMAO, so the people behind High School Musical are making this? I don't even have the proper gif to show how laughably bad this will be.

Usually I would be elated at this sort of thing, because I'm the sort who seeks out things like Plan 9 from Outer Space

But really this just kinds makes me want to remove my brain-stem and use it to smack some uppity twerp at Disney, there's just no hope for anything good coming out of this

you can bet on it

• Thumbs Up 2

Here’s the scoop: Beast and Belle rule over an idyllic kingdom with their kind teenage son, who looks to be taking the throne, but his first proclamation involves a shot at redemption for the misbehaving kids of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen from Snow White, and Jafar (named Carlos, Mal, Evvie, and Jay, respectively).

... Okay.

I can see the Evil Queen (who, besides being a queen, actually looks alright when she's not cosplaying as a stereotypical hag) and Jafar (if he's still the Grand Vizier) siring children, but Maleficent? Cruella? Who the heck would bang them?!

but Maleficent? Cruella? Who the heck would bang them?!

Someone is behind in their Kingdom Hearts fan-fiction.

Figured we could all use a good laugh

and cry at our childhoods dying

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/12/12/disney-channel-original-movie-descendants/

Disneys-Descendants-LOGO.jpg

LMAO, so the people behind High School Musical are making this? I don't even have the proper gif to show how laughably bad this will be.

I don't have a gif, I have a video though. 

What's wrong with you Disney? Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had no strong feelings at first... In fact, I thought, in some corny way, it would be a entertaining...

But when I saw that the folks behind Highschool Musical were going to be involved, any interest I had in it shriveled up and died.

Disney Channel has become so awful that it's super shitty sitcom/every actor sings approach to things is gonna effect the side of Disney that ISNT cancerous?  Shit.

Like really, this SOUNDS like a sihtty fan fiction made official, you can't tell me otherwise

Now now, Disney Chanel knows when it has something good on it's hands. And I'm sure they would never do something that would hurt or embarrass their Disney villains.

Look at what happened when Disney bought Starwars. Disney Channel made sure that they show everyone that the franchise is in good hands-

Phineas-and-Ferb-Star-Wars-Logo.jpg

You think that's bad? Just wait until you see what they do with Indiana Jones!

I mused that the idea sounded interesting on the surface regardless of who was doing it, but now that I think about it, the thing that annoys me most is just the complete disregard for both Disney canon and common sense. And I know Disney can throw caution to the wind to their own properties and make some cute, contemporary remix and that kids will like it, but something seems off about them treating their properties in this fashion. You're telling me Maleficent's supposed child was still alive by the time Cruella was popping out kids in the 1900s? 

So it's basically Disney Canon Characters: Spinoff Babies/High School AU Edition? Meh. In live-action? Definite pass, especially with Disney's current live-action output (Crash and Bernstein being a personal exception). Project helmed by High School Musical director? Hell no.

Only good thing I see from this is that it's a movie and not a TV show (for now)...

Now now, Disney Chanel knows when it has something good on it's hands. And I'm sure they would never do something that would hurt or embarrass their Disney villains.

Look at what happened when Disney bought Starwars. Disney Channel made sure that they show everyone that the franchise is in good hands-

You think that's bad? Just wait until you see what they do with Indiana Jones!

Don't forget what they did to Marvel animated shows, you saw Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH cancelled in favored for Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble =D

Look, Disney, I don't care at all if you want to make shitty shit for the tweenage market, that's fine... If that's where the money is, I will not fault you at all for it. But this raping of your timeless classics? I thought you quit this when you called it quits on the millions of straight to video sequels. Not cool.

So it's basically Disney Canon Characters: Spinoff Babies/High School AU Edition? Meh. In live-action? Definite pass, especially with Disney's current live-action output (Crash and Bernstein being a personal exception). Project helmed by High School Musical director? Hell no.

Only good thing I see from this is that it's a movie and not a TV show (for now)...

Don't forget what they did to Marvel animated shows, you saw Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH cancelled in favored for Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble =D

Hey now, Avengers Assemble isn't that bad.

Ultimate Spider-Man can go die though.

Phineas-and-Ferb-Star-Wars-Logo.jpg

That's all true.

Disney also didn't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

So... net gain.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do have to admit, this does sound very….fan-fictitious. And the fact that it's a LIVE-ACTION Adventure Comedy (with most likely some romance if it wasn't already guaranteed). Just makes me skeptical. And yeah, I wanna know too, Who the hell did these villains knock up to have kids? Not to mention the VARIOUS time-errors here. The Mulan series , Aladdin series, AND 101 Dalmations series happening at the same time? Not likely, unless they got the Robin Williams Genie to make a few wishes.

So yeah, honestly don't see this being very good. But look on the bright side, at least they didn't humanize the characters from The Lion King.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this is odd. This sounds like one of those children of a villain who doesn't want to follow in their parents foot steps and wants to be good stories(I can't Remeber where I've seen this) or like how sherk portrayed some of the characters that are meant to be villians or wreck it Ralph. It could be good or could be bad I need to see a trailer before I make a clear opinion.

I'm glad I don't have Disney channel. I'd hate for my money to go anywhere near funding this ridiculous concept.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're telling me Maleficent's supposed child was still alive by the time Cruella was popping out kids in the 1900s?

I'm more disbelieving of how she managed to find someone to pop them out with in the first place...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm more disbelieving of how she managed to find someone to pop them out with in the first place...

Well, since this is a live-action film--

101_dalmatians_movie_image_glen_close__2

I can see some rich man banging Cruella.

I panicked a bit when I heard this was a movie, since the last three Disney movies have been pure bliss for me and I wouldn't want the next one to be this lovely fan-fic idea. Thankfully, it's just a Disney Channel original. Disney Channel sucks to me now. I used to like Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb, but I feel like even those two shows interest me anymore. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got the bad actors from their current sitcoms to play the characters in this movie, since I can perfectly see them ruining it with that.

Just when you thought Disney Channel couldn't stoop any lower. Seriously, this sounds worse than all of their shitty DTV sequels put together.

• Thumbs Up 2

"A live action Disney Channel Original movie about the offspring of various Disney characters interacting with one another in a prep school. Also, the High School Musical cast."

Try and read that out loud without laughing/crying.

I fucking adore High School Musical, so if the people behind that are contributing to this then I'm totally interested. It sounds like a lot of cheesy fun to me!

Disney was probably enjoying the success of Once Upon a Time and decided they want to do a similar show for teenagers.

• Thumbs Up 1