Awoo.

Disney Channel's 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains

Nintendoga

I forgot this existed. :(

Has "Known character has a kid" ever worked in any Disney property ever? Why do they keep coming back to this concept?

Well there was Little Mermaid 2 and Peter Pan 2. Maybe? I don't know if those are hated films.

Also there's Max.

Well there was Little Mermaid 2 and Peter Pan 2. Maybe? I don't know if those are hated films.

Also there's Max.

I think the movies were generally disliked, but yeah, Max, I forgot about him. 

I found the plot.

"

In a present day idyllic kingdom, the benevolent teenaged son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle from Disney's iconic Beauty and the Beast) is poised to take the throne. His first proclamation: offer a chance of redemption to the trouble-making offspring of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, The Evil Queen and Jafar, who have been imprisoned on a forbidden island with all the other villains, sidekicks, evil step-mothers and step-sisters.

These villainous descendants are allowed into the kingdom to attend prep school alongside the offspring of iconic Disney heroes. However, the evil teens face a dilemma: should they follow in their nefarious parents' footsteps and help all the villains regain power or embrace their innate goodness and save the kingdom?"

Well... they written a novel for the film too. Oh god why.

descendants-isle-of-lost-cover-reveal-01

Why must this movie be a thing, why?! Ugh I can picture Walt Disney's ashes screaming in horror.

I hope this doesn't become a huge hit but considering High School Musical was around for YEARS before it finally died off, I have my doubts. D:

I don't know. High School Musical died within 3 years. I very much doubt that this will last long, especially considering it's also spitting on fans of Classic Disney movies.

Well... they written a novel for the film too. Oh god why.

Somehow my original text from this post vanished, but what I wrote was roughly to the effect of that the typeface on the novel cover is far too elaborate and makes it quite hard to actually read.

Edited by FFWF

At this point, I want to put up the scene in the Great Mouse Detective where Basil is examining bullets to find Rattigan leading to his big "NO!!  Drat!!  Another dead-end..." quote, which sums up my thoughts of this DCOM.

Well... they written a novel for the film too. Oh god why.descendants-isle-of-lost-cover-reveal-01Why must this movie be a thing, why?! Ugh I can picture Walt Disney's ashes screaming in horror.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT. A Descendants novel? A? A?! Is this implying there could be more novels based on this?

Is Disney betting on this becoming a major franchise or something?

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT. A Descendants novel? A? A?! Is this implying there could be more novels based on this?

Is Disney betting on this becoming a major franchise or something?

0.jpg

What da fug are you talkin' 'bout?

Uhh, ok? This looks like your average Disney Channel movie. And thank goodness it's just a movie. I thought it was gonna be a TV series. Whew. Well, I guess it's not doing too much harm. I'm not liking how this looks but I know tons of pre-teens are gonna eat this up. I..  miiight check it out. Mayyybeeee. I haven't seen a Disney Channel movie since High School Musical 3. And that was at a cinema too.... Ugh.

I hope this doesn't become a huge hit but considering High School Musical was around for YEARS before it finally died off, I have my doubts. D:

*cringes from watching trailer*

Am I the only one who finds amusement in the fact that Cruella apparently has a Spanish son and Jafar's son was blessed with the coveted Arabic name of Jay?

• 2 months later...

Okay, um...first 6 minutes of Disney's Descendants is here and apparently the entire film is also available on Disney Channel's website (probably only the American one though) God I couldn't make it through most of that it's SO bad.

Okay, um...first 6 minutes of Disney's Descendants is here and apparently the entire film is also available on Disney Channel's website (probably only the American one though) God I couldn't make it through most of that it's SO bad.

Oh my god.

Disney should be in this island of the lost in the film.

This movie is far more evil than any of the characters featured in it.

No...Just, no.

I'd rather watch the Disney Direct-To-Video sequels.

I bailed at two minutes in.  Feels like a low-budget parody, really, and I don't even have any nostalgia for Disney.

I bailed at two minutes in.  Feels like a low-budget parody, really, and I don't even have any nostalgia for Disney.

I lasted longer, 4:19. =P

But honestly I was fine with the film....until they started singing. Goodness, their singing and the lyrics are SO cringe. The beat of the music is terrible. I struggled for like 40 seconds listening to it before I couldn't take it anymore and closed the tab.

They are "rotten to the core" with their singing alright.

If you think that's bad, try listening to the hip hop remix of "Be our guest". Good gracious...

Cmon guys it can't really be that bad. 

(He says before he's seen it)

I'm going to watch the whole 6 minutes and I'm sure it'll be at least ok. 

Edit: So I watched it. 

........................I don't know what I just watched. I mean it wasn't really that bad but then that song. The whole time I was just waiting for it too end. Ya know the funny thing is I'm probably going to go watch that whole movie too. Sigh.

I can't find the full movie anywhere on their channel. Where is it?

Can I sue Disney for wasting six mintues of my life. Yeah I know they didn't force me to see it but I have emotional issues with a ruined childhood cuz of this film. Plus I think the song alone is enough evidence for me to win the case.

So yeah that was a thing. I probably would of liked this if this was animated instead of live action. I don't know Ive never really been found of the Disney channel original movies even as a kid because they all sucked  that said I saw the 6 minute preview a couple days ago and I didn't find it to be terrible just found it to be mediocre. Also the song was terrible.

I thought it was okay. Nothing great or anything, but it certainly isn't as bad as you all are making it sound. Hell, even the song wasn't all that terrible. It was just... okay. Still probably won't watch it though XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course it starts with a tablet and not with a book. 

30 seconds into the video and I already stopped watching. 

Edit: There's already over 1 million views of this?!

Edited by Michelle

Serious question.

Does the music in the narration sound exactly like Shrek's? 

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1