Awoo.

Disney Channel's 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains

Nintendoga

Okay, um...first 6 minutes of Disney's Descendants is here and apparently the entire film is also available on Disney Channel's website (probably only the American one though) God I couldn't make it through most of that it's SO bad.

O_O .......

XD! My god, I just couldn't stop laughing once the villain's kids starter to dance and sing :'). This has the potential to be the worst thing Disney has ever put out, and I can't wait to see how badly falls flat on its face XD. 

The entire concept is very flawed right from the start.....so I hope they use it stupidnes to at least give it the film enough cheese to be somewhat enjoyable (I laughed a lot during the High School Musical films when they came out and I was dying at the South Park episode that riffed on it :')). 

Serious question.

Does the music in the narration sound exactly like Shrek's? 

I knew that music sounded familiar! I had that same feeling too!

This was horrible.

Even my teenage self is going 'what the hell was that?'

It was just... So bad. Everything about it.

Seems cheap, mediocre and a forced attempt to try and "fit in" with what teenagers are doing now. But that was the first three minutes or so. Then the song came in and I couldn't watch anymore. It's a shame that Disney Channel can hardly be relied on for anything decent besides something like Gravity Falls.

I finally managed to watch the whole thing 6 minutes and cringe cringe CRINGE! I thought High School Musical was cringey but at least it had some entertainment factor and catchy songs. Isn't this the first time we hear Dub Step in a Disney anything? Arrrrrgh...

Also, I made a mistake earlier. The 6 minute clip is on Disney Channel's website not the entire film. Oh no, the film itself doesn't premiere until July 31. *gulp*

Do I dare click on the play button? The commercials already make my inner Disney child scream in pain so I have no idea what the first six minutes of the film would do to me.

Ugh I just hate this film with a passion and how their ruing some of the greatest Disney villains' images. Also I saw one commercial showing Belle and Beast (Adam) and I have to say... Oh god what did they do to them?!

*starts pounding fist on the ground* You maniacs, you screwed them up! You screwed them up! Dang you, dang you all to heck!

Sorry for the Planet of the Apes reference but it fits.

I'm sorry if I sound a little sadistic but in one of the commercial for the movie a little girl said " I didnt know Cruella da vill had a son " I was like well neither did we and we have it worse cuz our childhood memories are now ruined 

Ugh! I had to force myself to watch all 6 minutes of that! Come on Disney, even High School Musical looks good compared to this shit and that's saying a lot!

*clicks play button on video*

Beast - Well it was either your or the teapot.

*Inner Disney child dies so much that it kills me*

Ah great now I'm a ghost! Gee thanks Descendants you were so awful you killed me!

*clicks play button on video*

Beast - Well it was either your or the teapot.

*Inner Disney child dies so much that it kills me*

Ah great now I'm a ghost! Gee thanks Descendants you were so awful you killed me!

Don't you worry. Considering Mulan and other Disney Princesses are going to be present, I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes that's just like that.

>Literally mfw I watched that preview:

so_bored.jpg

It wasn't even hilariously bad, just...boring and trite.

So based on the info I got, I can probably predict the entire plot: For the sake of simplicity, I'll refer to our main characters as: Pretty boy, Goth girl, bad boy, fashion girl, and Spanish bad boy.

So pretty boy tries to show Goth girl and her friends how good "being good" is, but they're like "fuck you", but then goth girl starts to develop a crush on pretty boy and her posses are like "bitch u goin soft", so then goth girl and her friends do something dumb and pretty boy's parents are like "U SHOULD HAVE LISTENED", but then Goth Girl feels bad and convinces her friends to help cuz "they're gud peoplz". They show up, all five guys beat the evil guy's parents. Pretty Boy's parents forgive everything goth Girl and her friends did and her and pretty boy live happily ever after. Cue ending musical number.

There, I probably saved you two hours of your life by not watching this. I

• Thumbs Up 9

What if this shit becomes the next High School Musical in terms of popularity. Especially since it's obvious Disney Channel has desperately been trying to make lightning strike twice with all the teeny bopper bullshit they've been airing over the years.

What if this shit becomes the next High School Musical in terms of popularity. Especially since it's obvious Disney Channel has desperately been trying to make lightning strike twice with all the teeny bopper bullshit they've been airing over the years.

This worries me the most. HSM was HUGE and it looks like Descendants is aiming to be the next big money making Disney Channel franchise. >_o The movie is premiering on Disney Channel today so...yeah, we'll see how well it does.

Here's hoping it doesn't end up anywhere nearly as popular as HSM did. Disney Channel's desperate attempts at these cheesy sitcoms and occasional just as cheesy movie is just pathetic and gets worse and worse as time goes on. Seriously, they need to stop with the live action teen drama crap and bring something else to the table because it's gotten old a long time ago. One of the actors for Descendants is bound to get their own TV show too at this rate, because they always recycle them too for as long as they can.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's hoping it doesn't end up anywhere nearly as popular as HSM did. Disney Channel's desperate attempts at these cheesy sitcoms and occasional just as cheesy movie is just pathetic and gets worse and worse as time goes on. Seriously, they need to stop with the live action teen drama crap and bring something else to the table because it's gotten old a long time ago. One of the actors for Descendants is bound to get their own TV show too at this rate, because they always recycle them too for as long as they can.

Two of them already have shows, (Liv and Maddie, is Evi, and Carlos is from Jessie, which is ending and is getting his own show, Gamers Guide on Disney XD instead of going to the spinoff. Also the Disney XD shows at least have fun premises and can be somewhat funny[I like Mighty Med, I mean normal kids in a superhero hospital, and teenage cyborgs on Lab rats can be fun too])

My 16 year old sister is recording it, and I'll probably watch it with her out of morbid curiousity

i think the jaffar's kid was in twilight

i think the jaffar's kid was in twilight

Hooray! Another reason to hate this movie!

• Thumbs Up 3

So, I got done watching this movie just now. It was.. actually ok. The first 20 minutes are by far the worst and the first two musical numbers are pretty bad. But after that the movie becomes alright. Not horrible, not great. Kinda boring, to be honest. Though I did enjoy every musical number after the second one. I believe there were 5 in total.

My biggest issue with this movie though, is Maleficent's horrible characterization. The other villains don't have many spoken lines and usually it's just Maleficent on the spotlight in terms of villains. And it just really bothers me what they did to her. They tried so hard to make her that "cool, hip mother" type if you know what I'm saying? Like, it comes off as tryhard, which isn't good. A bit like the mother from Good Luck Charlie, actually. 

The general plot, although silly, was alright.. They didn't do too much with it. I was expecting more high school-ish things but it was mostly Mal and her friends trying to get the Fairy Godmother's wand. So they act good for the most part, trying to gain people's trust. Aaand I'm not sure if anyone really cares for spoilers in a Disney Channel movie, but I'll say that yes, they do eventually become good. But the message they try to give is a bit confusing. It's like they're trying to say to be who you are instead of trying to fit in with your history or what society expects of you.. but it also has this weird rebellious teen kinda thing going for it too.. so, I dunno. 

I guess, in the end it wasn't too bad. I liked it better than High School Musical. And yes, you can expect this to be a trilogy. I mean, a sequel is already confirmed seeing how the movie ended with sequel bait. I feel though as if it could've been much better if they didn't slap Disney villains onto it. It feels too out of character for the villains, even if they are supposed to be deadbeat, retired parents.

But hey, it's pretty harmless in the end, I feel. Disney did a big effort to try and promote this whole "Look! It's the villains' children!" thing and everyone got wrong expectations of the film. Most of the time you forget they have that background, and like I said before, the villains don't have much screen time. 

Anyway, I can see this being a big hit with kids and pre-teens. It could've been executed better, but I feel this was made for a quick buck. There was effort put in, but not as much love. And that's all I can say about this film, really. 

I mean, a sequel is already confirmed seeing how the movie ended with sequel bait. 

Disney, you don't know how much of my respect you have lost.

Disney, you don't know how much of my respect you have lost.

A sequel? Why disney? Why?

Yeah, literally the last line of the movie was "You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?" sooo... yeah. They're expecting this to become big alright.

... Well, I can tell that I'm nowhere near the target demographic for this sort of thing anymore. I'm happy for those who are interested in this, but this just ain't for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you guys seriously surprised that this is getting a sequel?