Awoo.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax AKA: Waifu/Husbando Fighters AKA SEGA needs money

PSI Wind

bodybg12.10_top.jpg

What is this I don't even.....

The Japanese publisher of anime/manga/light novels ASCII Media Works have collaborated with SEGA (Yes, THAT SEGA) to make a 2D Fighting game for the arcades that have characters from ASCII's various published works including SAO and.....Oreimo?

Characters: 

tumblr_mxtlqkjUbv1qd2mamo3_500.png

Shana from "Shana" and Asuna from "Sword Art Online"

tumblr_mxtlqkjUbv1qd2mamo1_1280.pngMikoto from "A Certain Scientific Railgun" and Kirino from Oreimo

tumblr_mxtlqkjUbv1qd2mamo2_1280.pngShizuo from "Durarara!!" and Kuroyukihime from "Accel World".

Other characters are Leafa (SAO), Wilhelmina (Shakugan no Shana), Tōma Kamijō (A Certain Magical Index), Kuroneko(Oreimo), Celty (Durarara!!), Haruyuki (Accel World), Holo (Spice and Wolf), Boogiepop (Boogiepop Phantom), and Sadao Maō (The Devil is a Part-Timer!).

Screens:

screen_01.jpg

screen_02.jpg

screen_03.jpgscreen_04.jpg

screen_05.jpg

screen_06.jpg

screen_07.jpgscreen_08.jpg

screen_09.jpg

screen_10.jpg

screen_11.jpg

screen_12.jpg

I have no fucking words.

I don't know why you're so late posting this but yea. I'm looking forward to this game, I know like every character they've announced so far, especially Shana.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why you're so late posting this but yea. I'm looking forward to this game, I know like every character they've announced so far, especially Shana.

Were you guys expecting me to post this or something :V? Oh and I forgot to mention that AKIRA FROM VIRTUA FIGHTER IS A BOSS!

You forgot to tell that Akira from Virtua Fighter will be a boss in this.

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/virtua-fighters-akira-boss-dengeki-bunko-fighter

aaaaand ninja'd

and while we're at it, let's post a trailer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WbGwHg8Pqw

No I wasn't expecting it to get posted at all because its a fighter and like most people here don't play them lol.

Shana from "Shana"

That's "Shakugan no Shana" boi, don't make me turn fanboy :P

Being able to play Shana in a fighting game definitely catches my interest.  It just sucks that Kuroneko (Oreimo) will probably only be an assist character, because I'm sure she'd be fun to play as.  I just hope there will be a way to play this on one of my home consoles one day without costing me an arm and a leg.

>Mikoto Misaka from A Certain Magical Index

>Shana from Shakugan No Shana

>the little sister chick from Oreimo

Well, this was unexpected... SEGA, what are you doing? It's Japan-exclusive, I presume? Not sure if want...

>Mikoto Misaka from A Certain Magical Index

>Shana from Shakugan No Shana

>the little sister chick from Oreimo

Well, this was unexpected... SEGA, what are you doing? It's Japan-exclusive, I presume? Not sure if want...

It's not even out in Arcades, let alone ported to consoles or localized.

If anything, Atlus will localize it if there is a console version. They did it for a similar fighting game recently.

Only interested in and want this game because of Shizuo. He'll more than likely be a beast character to play with. :V

Pretty much this, only fighting game he's been in so im hyped.

...So where's Jolyne Kujo?

JoJo characters are associated with Shonen Jump, not Dengeki Bunko.

Also the game is coming to PS3 in the future. Personally I'm hoping for Kino from Kino's Journey.

JoJo characters are associated with Shonen Jump, not Dengeki Bunko.

I'm terrible with jokes. Couldn't think of another other character at the time.

I will pay 60 dollars and even preorder this fucking thing just to beat the shit out of Asuna for being such a terrible character.

• Thumbs Up 5

I guess we will have to wait until Dengeki Bunko vs SEGA will be made.

Wouldn't Wolverine beat the crap out of Phoenix Wright? Or Black Adam beat the crap out of Green Arrow (I mean really Netherrealm)?

From a practicallity standpoint, it makes no sense, but from a fanservice standpoint it does.

Wouldn't Wolverine beat the crap out of Phoenix Wright? Or Black Adam beat the crap out of Green Arrow (I mean really Netherrealm)?

From a practicallity standpoint, it makes no sense, but from a fanservice standpoint it does.

I suppose, but something about the character rosters in MvC make it more believable than something like this, when you have a relatively small roster filled with overt "fighter" type characters other than her. 

Maybe I'm just biased because I hate her but YMMV

I don't see anything fighterish about Phoenix beyond his ridiculous stamina, But I'll give you that overall the rosters in MvC game make sense. I still question some of the Injustice characters though.

and I hate the Oreimo girl too, you're not alone.

Phoenix spends all day fighting! In court! With words! Is that a stretch? It's a stretch. That's shaky reasoning. fuck. 

and the less said about Netherealm's fighting game abominations the better.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Neatherealms's fighting game abominations

Have you played Mortal Kombat 2011? Or Injustice: Gods Among Us? Both of those are really good fighters, Mortal Kombat especially. 

Have you played Mortal Kombat 2011? Or Injustice: Gods Among Us? Both of those are really good fighters, Mortal Kombat especially. 

I own and have played Mortal Kombat 9 and I know from experience that the game was patched to death and still has a lot of noticeable problems. Injustice didn't get patched as much but none of the things they did actually fixed the balance issues. Characters like the Joker still suck and characters like Superman still dominate high level play.

Kirino being playable in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is okay somewhat because that means you get to use her as a training dummy. Everyone should be asking for Kino from Kino's Journey tho'.