Awoo.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax AKA: Waifu/Husbando Fighters AKA SEGA needs money

PSI Wind

I've been playing this game a bit.

It's perhaps a bit basic, but I've still had quite a lot of fun with it! I find the complaints over lack of fanservice for SEGA fans... weird. It's not a bloody SEGA crossover to begin with, it's nice we got anything. I mean, VIRTUAL ON is here! Damn!

That, and take a look at some of the palettes; there's tons of references. Accelerator from A Certain Magical Index gets a fucking SPACE HARRIER alternate costume, and if that's not incredible I don't know what is.

Also... 

tumblr_inline_nw2o8cs5uA1rnq0oi_500.png

GAME OF THE YEAR. 

Poke through the titles too, they lightly reference stuff like Fighting Vipers and the like. 

And one hell of a soundtrack. It's all hella good. 

Edited by Tracker

I avoided this game because I wasn't that interested enough to import it like most other fighting games I play, but since its here I might double down and pay $40. I know most, if not all, of the characters so that at least gives me some incentive to play it.

I find the complaints over lack of fanservice for SEGA fans... weird. It's not a bloody SEGA crossover to begin with, it's nice we got anything.

So come up with original stage designs, music, scrap dreamcast girl, get rid of Akira, lady from Valkyria Chronicles and replace them with random characters from Dengeki Bunko then. 

If you're going to include stuff from Sega IPs, include it to something satisfactory and not what feels like a lazy effort, especially given the fact that the stages are just dead. 

dfc_screenshot_001_0.jpg

Would anyone know that this is the Shinobi stage? Exactly what in there says this is Shinobi? Also there is no movement or life in that stage, all what happens is a leaf blows across the stage.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I probably would've skipped it had SoE not given me the thing after a contest. And that'd be a shame; because again, I've really had fun with it. 

So come up with original stage designs, music, scrap dreamcast girl, get rid of Akira, lady from Valkyria Chronicles and replace them with random characters from Dengeki Bunko then. 

If you're going to include stuff from Sega IPs, include it to something satisfactory and not what feels like a lazy effort, especially given the fact that the stages are just dead. 

dfc_screenshot_001_0.jpg

Would anyone know that this is the Shinobi stage? Exactly what in there says this is Shinobi? Also there is no movement or life in that stage, all what happens is a leaf blows across the stage.

I think it gets the job done though. If there was just a static 2D image or something then I'd see where you're coming from, but they made new assets for stuff like the NiGHTS stage and it really shows. And again, the accompanying tunes are new, but fit so insanely well.

Shinobi stage is a bit wank, but at the same time I can tell it's Shinobi because it's based on the 3DS Shinobi game that did look like that. 

No that's actually from the more obscure PS2 Shinobi game, the one with Hotsuma, it's the top of the Pagoda tower you fight the final boss at.

But yeah, they should've cam e up with their own stage backgrounds instead of using locations from Sega IP's, plus Akira, Pai. Selvaria, Alicia, and the music which sounds like it came from the games the stages are based on.

Honestly all this game is doing is making me want a Sega All-stars fighter very, VERY badly, more than just another anime fighter.

I much prefer the SEGA stage concept, especially given the plot of the game, wafer-thin as it is.

Also good catch on the PS2 Shinobi thing, why did I say 3DS? Haha!

tumblr_inline_nw2o8cs5uA1rnq0oi_500.png

GAME OF THE YEAR.

You haven't unlock Asuna's final alternate color do you? And its get better if you see her victory animation with Yui on these colors.

Did someone mention Virtual On stuff in this? All I can find through searching is a bunch of references to "Virtual Fighter". 

The final stage when you fight "Akira" is based after Virtual On, no?

Stages goes:

Temple (Kagemaru's Stage) - Virtua Fighter

Ghirlandaio Citadel-Day/Night - Valkyria Chronicles 

Bellbridge - NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog

ARKS - Phantasy Star Online 2 

Golden Palace - Shinobi (PS2)

Tokyo Ruins - 7th Dragoon 2012

Mech Lobby - Border Break

Final Boss - Virtual On

Their is a new stage in the updated version of the game, but I have no idea what game it's from.

You haven't unlock Asuna's final alternate color do you? And its get better if you see her victory animation with Yui on these colors.

I have, but it's not the same! :P 

stageseha1.jpgtageseha8F.jpg

DID SOMEONE SAY HI-SCOOOL SEHA GIRLS STAGE? There's your bloody Sonic statue, anyway. 

wonder23.jpg

trining_kuroko.jpg

Wonderland Wars and a Training Stage are in too. 

More details, including new support characters: http://www.seganerds.com/2015/10/28/sega-hard-girls-stage-announced-for-fighting-climax-ignition/

Taiga also has a new Climax Art portrait but I am the only person who cares about that so continue

Edited by Tracker
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh come now, I want to see at least one or two more Sega characters in this (and a playable Accelerator), now they are really taunting me shoving all these Sega themed stuff in my face.

First time I've heard of Wonderland Wars through

Edited by Dantemustdie00

If we get another SEGA character, it'll be one of the SEGA Hard Girls; probably Dreamcast with the Dream Blade, given she's already in the game.

Even then though, it's not a SEGA crossover fighter, it's a Dengeki one. Stages are nice enough, it's not 'taunting.'

Oh, but it's taunting me, cause I wanted a Sega fighter for the longest time now.

Ah well, just gotta keep dreaming of when it finally happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo.

Because I'm insane I compiled a list of all the Colour #14 SEGA references for each character. There's more than these, but I couldn't be arsed.

CTip3efWIAAb1Bf.png:large

CTjEoZGWsAAd0Af.jpg:large

Yeeeep.

• Thumbs Up 6

The final stage when you fight "Akira" is based after Virtual On, no?

Virtua Fighter is a game about martial artists and Virtual On is a game about mechs.  

Virtua Fighter is a game about martial artists and Virtual On is a game about mechs.  

Yeah, i know that, but you fight Akira on the Virtual On stage at the end of Story Mode; don't know the reason why its not the Virtal Fighter stage, but the Virtual On one has a final stage vibe to it. Worth noting that if you fight Selvaria as the final boss instead, the fight will take place on the night version of the Valkyria Chronicles stage. To fight her, you have i think to do at least one ultra in each match.

Yeah, Selvaria's unlock is do a super (the ones with the flashy backgrounds) on most matches. It was actually fairly simple once I got the hang on things.

Anyway the final stage is Virtual-On for Akira. I just wasn't aware because I think it's from a Dreamcast title I've not played; I've only played the original!

I can't take credit for all that SEGA homework anywho; I got tons of help!

Yeah, i know that, but you fight Akira on the Virtual On stage at the end of Story Mode; don't know the reason why its not the Virtal Fighter stage, but the Virtual On one has a final stage vibe to it. Worth noting that if you fight Selvaria as the final boss instead, the fight will take place on the night version of the Valkyria Chronicles stage. To fight her, you have i think to do at least one ultra in each match.

Yeah, Selvaria's unlock is do a super (the ones with the flashy backgrounds) on most matches. It was actually fairly simple once I got the hang on things.

Anyway the final stage is Virtual-On for Akira. I just wasn't aware because I think it's from a Dreamcast title I've not played; I've only played the original!

I can't take credit for all that SEGA homework anywho; I got tons of help!

Oh, the stage.  I didn't notice the crystals in the background at first, overall it's not a very good representation of any Virtual On stage I know, actually reminds me a bunch of a stage from MvC2.  Maybe it's something from Force or Marz.  

• Thumbs Up 1