Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Do the testers seriously play stuff like this and actually say "gee wizz there's no way this could get annoying whatsoever"?

Yes.

Because when you're playing as a creepy bug princess who mows house-sized beetles through armies of darkness, nothing else matters.

Wow. It's official - there's no such thing as a character with no fighting potential anymore.

Do the testers seriously play stuff like this and actually say "gee wizz there's no way this could get annoying whatsoever"?

Well, Japan does have a bigger tolerance of cute things and sounds like this than we do in the west. So, yes?

Well, with Agitha being in the game, my hopes of seeing playable Din, Linebeck  and Ralph don't look that much farfetched.

I'm extremely eager to experience a bug infestation now. =P

Not as crazy as Lana, but I still enjoy what I've of her seen so far.

Easily the worst of all the characters though, IMO.

She looks really fun to play as.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THIS GAME MY GOSH

Say what if the Yeti's from TP show up, that could be fun

Well, with Agitha being in the game, my hopes of seeing playable Din, Linebeck  and Ralph don't look that much farfetched.

I'm ashamed to admit that I hadn't even thought of Linebeck. That'd be amazing.

I wonder what he'd look in the non-Toon style, actually...

Midna trailer?

Midna trailer.

Heh, she looks fun. And her Musou attack is the giant spider form. Yeeeeeessss

• Thumbs Up 5

She looks fun.Two things that really annoy me, though.

One, where's that echo effect that she had when she spoke in the original game? It made her sound, I don't know, mysterious? Something like that. Is this even the same voice actor? Would sound different without the effect, I guess.

Two, why does she need to use the Hookshot? Her main gimmick is stretchy hair that grabs things. It seems redundant to have her use a stretchy item that grabs things.

And don't you tell me that it wouldn't be super fucking awesome to see her reach up into space and pull the moon down under her own power. Because it totally would be.

Either way, Fused Shadow spider form is in. And that's all I need in life.

She looks fun.Two things that really annoy me, though.

One, where's that echo effect that she had when she spoke in the original game? It made her sound, I don't know, mysterious? Something like that. Is this even the same voice actor? Would sound different without the effect, I guess.

Two, why does she need to use the Hookshot? Her main gimmick is stretchy hair that grabs things. It seems redundant to have her use a stretchy item that grabs things.

And don't you tell me that it wouldn't be super fucking awesome to see her reach up into space and pull the moon down under her own power. Because it totally would be.

Either way, Fused Shadow spider form is in. And that's all I need in life.

The hookshot's just an item in the game, anyone can use it. They just have a fixation on showing Midna use it, for whatever reason. Maybe the mission where you fight Argorok is the mission that she becomes available? I dunno.

Took long enough to get the Midna trailer. Dang. She looks really good, though.

Heh, now that they've exhausted all the existing characters, they either have to announce new characters, show off some villains, or show off new weapons to do more of these trailers. Recently we've been getting two character announcements every couple weeks, but I don't know if the trend will stick. Famitsu got two characters the past two months, and between those two Famitsu issues was E3. Maybe they'll stick with the trend, and here's hoping they do, I'd like to see who else we have in store. ^^

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/232611-hyrule-warriors-twitter-teases-a-new-character-reveal

The official Hyrule Warriors Twitter, as translated by MyNintendoNews, mentions that there is a 98% chance for a character reveal in this week's Famitsu. Hopefully we will learn more soon! 

Original Japanese tweet: https://twitter.com/zelda_musou/statuses/485977504713150464

I think we know who this is.

61b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm just going to casually be happy about this while the fandom at large gets really mad, if that's okay with everyone.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really hated Fi in Skyward Sword. Hopefully they find some way to redeem her here. She has potential.

Huh, how do we know it's going to be Fi? If it does turn out Fi is in then...well, all I can hope for is that she's a lot more tolerable than in Skyward Sword. 8|

Because Fi always analyzes the percent chance of something happening. The character reveal is essentially guaranteed, so why else would they say "98% chance" other than to hint at it being a character who talks in percent chance like her?

Fi would be an... Interesting choice, as a character on her own. I imagine transforming into a sword would be one of / most of/ her only ability/ies (delete as appropriate).

Perhaps she would have a new wielder, kinda like how Midna has a twilight wolf?

I imagine she'll have dance-fighting style (since she usually dances/skates around) and generally an athletic combat style that emphasizes how light on her feet she is, considering she's either always floating/hovering around or standing on one leg. She may also mainly use kicks, considering her lack of arms. Perhaps singing will also be involved.

Eh in terms of relevance she's a pretty important character to the series so she deserves a slot no matter how shitty and boring she was from a meta perspective.

In terms of helper characters though I do hope Navi, Tatl + Tael and Dadboat all somehow make it into the game as an extension of another character or something.

Her fighting style will probably be based off of her dancing and mainly involve kicking, I think. Could be a pretty fun style, I think.

There are plenty of characters I'd rather have revealed now than her, though.

Huh, how do we know it's going to be Fi? If it does turn out Fi is in then...well, all I can hope for is that she's a lot more tolerable than in Skyward Sword. 8|

What mainly made her annoying was how much she contacted you and the slow scrolling text, which won't be a problem here, so I'm sure she'll be more tolerable.

If it does turn out Fi is in then...

This game just got 84% worse.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, it's not like she's going to stop the flow of the game like in Skyward Sword. So a lot of her annoying turn offs are gone aside from the tick, which I liked. 

So, wait, what's this about Famitsu? How often does Famitsu run? I thought it was once a month. tongue.png

EDIT: Us getting new character reveals this week doesn't surprise me in the least bit, though. If its Fi that'd be kinda annoying, I was hoping to finally get an OOT character announcement.

EDIT 2: I really do hope Ganondorf is shown off, as well, but if this is going to reveal Fi, it'll probably be Ghirahim instead as the villain revealed this time. I happen to think that Sakurai will likely reveal Ganondorf around the same time Techmo Koei reveals Ganondorf just to raise hype even more.