Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I think having a straight transition from toon and chibi to more realistic would be jarring in some cases, which is the issue I perceive. Beedle is lucky because he went from toon and chibi to still being pretty toony, but Tetra would look completely different in a more realistic style. I still think they could pull it off, I just don't really see it happening myself. I think it's more likely that if there are any WW characters, they'll maintain their chibi toon look.. similarly to how Toon Link fits into Smash.

Also on the subject of Demise, as the villain for a single game his character is kinda lame and dull and I agree that Ghirahim was really the main villain of Skyward Sword, or at least the most notable and "antagonistic". I do like Demise though, I like The Imprisoned too. The Imprisoned looks goofy, but it also looks pretty nightmarish, it looks like something you might see in a nightmare, especially earlier on in the game, there's definitely something creepy about its silent and single-minded destruction, and its lack of eyes or any real features. It gives off more of a Studio Ghibli feel to me than a muppet feel.

Then there's Demise who again as a villain for a sole game kinda sucks, but I like the concept of him and what he means for the series as a whole, especially as someone who's always actually liked the idea of Zelda having a timeline. His curse kinda feels like a cop-out but it also adds a little more consistency and reason to the endless slew of Ganons and other evil demons that attack Hyrule constantly. It also shows that Skyward Sword's events had real repercussions that Link and Hylia could do absolutely nothing about. I always kinda liked that :v

As for his appearance in Hyrule Warriors I could really go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

I don't really see it going that way, honestly. The problem is Smash is a mix of contrasting styles already. I think it'd look REALLY jarring seeing a chibi look for some characters and more realistic proportioned look on others. Its a huge, huge contrast of styles...

So I was looking through some screenshots, and I stumbled across this.

It seems Fi has an extra meter below her special attack gauge, like Zelda.  It's clearly a different sort of meter though.

Fi Trailer! And Man is it intimidating. What's with the music? Anyways, Fi looks so elegant with her attacks, and if she can be sped up, I could see myself really enjoying her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a bad looking character.

Is my video player or is the framerate looking a little....sluggish in that trailer?

Not a bad looking character.

Is my video player or is the framerate looking a little....sluggish in that trailer?

No, that's not the player or the framerate. Fi just looks like a slow character in general.

Cool, nice trailer. So, can we expect Link's Ball and Chain trailer and Zelda's Wind Waker trailer to follow suit, then we'll get another few character reveals at the end of the month?

I called the flower petal AoE attack, but I didn't think about Fi using the Triforce icons nor the stunt Link uses to seal The Imprisoned back into the ground. Those are nice touches.

I'm one of the few that's never been bothered by Fi, so I've been eager to play Fi from the start, and that hasn't changed now. It looks great.

I never liked Fi, and I never anticipated she'd be playable prior to the "there's a 90% chance of a new character to be announced for Hyrule Warriors in this week's Famitsu", but she looks quite good. Now here's hoping we get more female announcements next time. Maybe another female and a couple of males just so we have some males for a change. Perhaps we'll hear about OOT characters next?

I never liked Fi, and I never anticipated she'd be playable prior to the "there's a 90% chance of a new character to be announced for Hyrule Warriors in this week's Famitsu", but she looks quite good. Now here's hoping we get more female announcements next time. Maybe another female and a couple of males just so we have some males for a change. Perhaps we'll hear about OOT characters next?

A major Ocarina of Time themed reveal seems pretty inevitable at this point, considering all of the minor Ocarina enemies we've been seeing, and that King Dodongo hasn't gotten a page of the official website yet despite the fact that we've known about him since the original teaser for the game.  It seems pretty clear to me that they're giving Ocarina at least as much focus as Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are getting, so...yeah.  Inevitable.

• Thumbs Up 1

A major Ocarina of Time themed reveal seems pretty inevitable at this point, considering all of the minor Ocarina enemies we've been seeing, and that King Dodongo hasn't gotten a page of the official website yet despite the fact that we've known about him since the original teaser for the game.  It seems pretty clear to me that they're giving Ocarina at least as much focus as Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are getting, so...yeah.  Inevitable.

My guess would be, for the announced characters, Saria and Darunia, with Sheik as a Zelda costume and OOT Impa as an Impa costume (along with Impa having a short sword or a pair of daggers as an alternate weapon). Ganondorf would probably be the announced villain. There will probably be an MM themed announcement as well which could include Mikau and maybe either Kafei/Tingle as playable, while Skull Kid is the villain. Obviously King Dodongo is the boss from OOT and from MM, my guess would be Majora.

Now, I think its incredibly possible we'll get other characters from these games, they just may not all be announced before the Japanese release.

My guess would be, for the announced characters, Saria and Darunia, with Sheik as a Zelda costume and OOT Impa as an Impa costume (along with Impa having a short sword or a pair of daggers as an alternate weapon). Ganondorf would probably be the announced villain. There will probably be an MM themed announcement as well which could include Mikau and maybe either Kafei/Tingle as playable, while Skull Kid is the villain. Obviously King Dodongo is the boss from OOT and from MM, my guess would be Majora.

Now, I think its incredibly possible we'll get other characters from these games, they just may not all be announced before the Japanese release.

Personally, I would guess that an Ocarina reveal would focus on all of the sages: Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Rauru and Nabooru.  It would also most likely highlight any already confirmed characters that are part of the group, like Zelda or Impa for example.  And if it included all of that, then it might be a bit much to show off a villain as well, though if it did include one then it would pretty much have to be Ganondorf.

I can't say that a Majora's Mask reveal is very likely.  Or, well, at the very least, it's sort of impossible to tell if there will be one, since a lot of the things that could hint at it would double as hints toward Ocarina of Time, since they shared so many enemies and what not.  The only thing we've seen that's definitely from MM is the moon, and that gets used in a way that doesn't really tell us if there will be more.  If there is an MM reveal, I think Tingle and Skull Kid would probably be the most to come out of it.  I'm not sure about Mikau, but I doubt he would show up without Darmani and maybe even the Deku kid.  I doubt Majora would show up as a boss monster, since those have all been mid game bosses so far, and Majora is a final boss.  Odolwa would probably be a better fit for that role.

Personally, I would guess that an Ocarina reveal would focus on all of the sages: Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Rauru and Nabooru.  It would also most likely highlight any already confirmed characters that are part of the group, like Zelda or Impa for example.  And if it included all of that, then it might be a bit much to show off a villain as well, though if it did include one then it would pretty much have to be Ganondorf.

I can't say that a Majora's Mask reveal is very likely.  Or, well, at the very least, it's sort of impossible to tell if there will be one, since a lot of the things that could hint at it would double as hints toward Ocarina of Time, since they shared so many enemies and what not.  The only thing we've seen that's definitely from MM is the moon, and that gets used in a way that doesn't really tell us if there will be more.  If there is an MM reveal, I think Tingle and Skull Kid would probably be the most to come out of it.  I'm not sure about Mikau, but I doubt he would show up without Darmani and maybe even the Deku kid.  I doubt Majora would show up as a boss monster, since those have all been mid game bosses so far, and Majora is a final boss.  Odolwa would probably be a better fit for that role.

Yeah, I suppose that's true, its possible they might show off all the Sages at once, and won't include villain reveal. Although I'm still not sure if they'd show Rauru, because they might decide to use Gaepora instead of Rauru (but he'd be the only exception).

The reason I only listed two of the Sages is because they've never shown more than two playable characters at once, but its possible they might have purposely skipped showing two playable characters with SS so they can show of all the remaining OOT Sages at once (with no villain reveal this time).

Did we know that TP designed Link and Zelda would be present? Or did we just know about SS designs?

Yes. And they're just costumes.

Yes. And they're just costumes.

When was this revealed, cause I don't remember every seeing this? Well yeah I know they are costumes. I never said otherwise lol. Just said their "designs" instead of costume.

When was this revealed, cause I don't remember every seeing this? Well yeah I know they are costumes. I never said otherwise lol. Just said their "designs" instead of costume.

Like, last month or so?

And the use of "present" make me think you were saying they were separate characters. My apologies.

If I remember correctly, the TP costumes were revealed, along with all of the other Twilight Princess stuff, in Famitsu not long after E3.

all I have to say is that I think we may be getting a character reveal every other week till release with many being multiple characters, then throw in a few hidden characters for release, and all villians being confirmed as playable... wouldn't we already be past 20 characters?

• Thumbs Up 1

all I have to say is that I think we may be getting a character reveal every other week till release with many being multiple characters, then throw in a few hidden characters for release, and all villians being confirmed as playable... wouldn't we already be past 20 characters?

Pretty much. The game releases next month in Japan, we'll probably get some more characters next week, then we'll get a few more reveals at release with some secrets in the game. My guess is we'll get two more character announcements before the Japanese release, one focusing on Ocarina of Time and one on Majora's Mask.

I'm thinking 2 announcements as well, but I'm thinking they will be at least 2 characters a piece with at least one villain and one hero... I also still have my suspicions that we could get a 2D group of reps announcement, and a other speices announcement, currently all playable characters are Hyrulians, an announcement with a Gerudo, a Goron, and perhaps a male and female Zora wouldn't surprise me

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking 2 announcements as well, but I'm thinking they will be at least 2 characters a piece with at least one villain and one hero... I also still have my suspicions that we could get a 2D group of reps announcement, and a other speices announcement, currently all playable characters are Hyrulians, an announcement with a Gerudo, a Goron, and perhaps a male and female Zora wouldn't surprise me

My theory is we'll get at least 2 characters each as well, except the OOT reveal might include the four sages (everyone but Rauru).

• 7 months later...

Well, game is out, game is great, but missing a couple of really noticable characters... honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a direct sequel was announced for next year, considering the sales, how its one of the best selling warriors games, despite the relatively small user base.... Though if we were to talk about other Nintendo Ip's to get a Warriors game, I'd probably go for a Metroid one, or heck just an overall Nintendo Space Warriors Crossover with Star Fox, Metroid, and F-zero, considering the possible characters overall would be a huge roster, and speaking of huge characters, with Ganon having happened, I vote for this guy, no not Ridley, he's a shoe-in, no I mean THIS BIG GUY

Kraid!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/b/b6/MP_Kraid.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081008221230

Or Cyborg Mother Brain Bot, or heck imagine a playable Andross

And before you go that variety of stuff isn't right for a Warriors game, they did make one based of Gundam

Though Kid Icarus Warriors could work, I'd prefer a series of more prestige and less hate

A huge chunk of this topic is gone so let's try to get it back up and running.

DLC is out tomorrow, can't wait to play as beast ganon. I'm struggling to find a few materials for certain enemies. Does anyone know where I can farm for materials for Imprisoned, Gohma, Wizzro, regular aeralfos and regular moblin? I keep doing those defeat all bosses missions for them but the constantly give shit'tier weapons no matter what.

Beast ganon is fun, turns the game into a giant monster brawl

You know what fanchise has so much potential for warriors, though not so much on grunts? That's F-zero which has such a huge diverse cast you don't even need vehicles, you could essentially turn it into Superhero Warriors

My ideal would probably be Metroid or Nintendo Space Warriors(Metroid, Star Fox, F-zero), the former has tons of options(Hyrule Warriors shows that size isn't an issue) you could bring in all the Hunters, suitable bosses, the various races, heck even the giant monsters like Kraid(Ridley is duh), or Cyborg Mother Brain

Now a Nintendo Space Warriors would not only allow for tons of characters(and semi-neglected) from the various franchises with movesets all over the board, and a wacky story, I mean just imagine Samus, Fox, Wolf, and Captain Falcon teaming up against the dangerous team of Pico, Ridley, and Andross. Also Space isn't new for the warriors series(Gundam has its own series for sakes), so plenty of flexibility

Well, my old post is probably gone, but it was outdated anyways. Needed updating, so that's what I'll do.

Hyrule Warriors is the most fun I ever had with a Zelda title. I'm serious, I legitimately like this one more than all the others I played.

Sure it could get repetitive, but I rarely got bored with it. The graphic are nice, and the gameplay is fun, and I enjoyed the story. Personally, I wish we had a Zelda title like this earlier.

• Thumbs Up 2