Awoo.

The Profile Background Topic

Klinsy

There is a feature on this website that gives you the ability to pick a background for your profile, since there is a topic for avatars and signatures and as long as this topic is not redundant, I figure why not make a topic for profile backgrounds?

What you have to do in this topic is simple, post the picture that you use for your profile background, explain what it is and why you picked it, easy.

I'll give an example with my own background.

tumblr_mwjgofh0fh1rjf0kbo1_500.jpg

Ah, yes, this is a picture of legendary villain Doctor Doom riding a unicorn alongside a rainbow circle and and his name in big green letters just in case you forgot who he is, the image is probably intended to be humorous considering Doctor Doom is probably one of the last people you expect to see riding a unicorn, though to be honest, are there really that many comic book villains you expect to see riding a unicorn anyways?  I have seen a few pictures similar to this one but with different characters such as Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series, so this is probably one of the many variants of that picture.

I am rather fond of Doctor Doom and known for roleplaing as him, so this picture is a fitting background for me, additionally that unicorn is magnificent and you can't go wrong with a rainbow, I also find the image to be well drawn and somewhat amusing so hence I use it as a background. The image is overall very small so I use it as a pattern instead of using on it's own.

Not too hard of a thing to do, eh?

I await to see all those background, I'm sure there are quite a few interesting tales to be told regarding them.

Before today, I never knew we could do that, so I never bothered with one. I might, now that I know I can.

Right now I have Type O Negative's album cover for October Rust for my background.

Its my favorite band and the only metal thing I have here on SSMB I've used it as wallpaper in the past as a tribute to them. Apparently its not big enough to cover the entire page.

I have a...what's the word for it? 'Consistent' attitude towards my profile backgrounds in that they are in-line with the theme of my current avatar and signature.

At the moment, I have a Sonic X themed profile BG. It's a large version of this image;

Sx-index.jpg

To make it look decent, I put two images side-by-side and flipped one so that it even takes-up the background in GIMP. I don't like having messy BG's that don't have any focus so to say.

I always thought this image was cool. Sonic looks cute in it :)

Went full Kululu on my profile, as I do with most customization options on other things (He's my favorite character from my favorite show, Sgt. Frog, for those unaware):

Kululu_Wallpaper1_zpsfd34f7cb.jpg

Also tiled it so I have ALL KULULU ALL THE TIME. ~Ku Ku Ku Ku Ku~

Since I'm currently doing a luchador theme, I thought that having an awesome luchador background would fit perfectly.

mask-de-smith-killer-7.jpg

And what better luchadore to have than the grenade launcher wielding badass, MASK DE Smith from Killer 7. From obliterating political-extreme senpai warriors to deflecting a bullet by freaking headbutting it, I just couldn't get enough of this guy!

Whoever made this picture hit all of the right notes to me. The use of color, the different artstyle... While it isn't the splitting image of the game's art design, it still reminds me plenty of the non-sequitur melting pot that is Killer 7.

I have a picture on mine that will likely surprise you....

knuckles-1.png

Yeah, MAJOR SURPRISE! biggrin.png

I think I can speak for the entire site that I am shocked -- unequivocally SHOCKED -- that you didn't use Big the Cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtadlZtVA-g&list=FLd2Hzprxsebiw_9f1bmei0w&index=9

• Thumbs Up 1

Mine is a picture of the main 5 girls from the anime / light novel series, DATE A LIVE; from left to right: Kotori, Yoshino, Tohka, Origami, and Kurumi.

Konachan.com+-+163566+armor+date_a_live+

...What? I really dig their character designs.

• 4 weeks later...

k9kaPzy.png

Alright, new background time!

These are Waddle Dees, they are the Kirby games equivalent to Goombas or Moto Bugs in that defeating them is far from difficult but they're absolutely adorable and a few Kirby games actually have one as as a playable character or a helpful ally. This Waddle Dee art comes from Kirby Squeak Squad, I copy and paste it a few times to make a pattern.

Like I said before, these guys are adorable and with the parasol it looks like they are slowly floating down my profile... or frozen in time and to forever float on parasol, regardless I'm really fond of this background.

Alright, here's my profile background image.

XsJg1Ey.jpg

This is a desktop wallpaper from my (original) Chromebook. Ever since I first saw it back in last November, I pretty much fell in love with it and made it the backgrounds for my smartphone, tablet, and even my Windows 7 notebook. Even though one may not be able to see it quite well, unfortunately, I think it looks quite good. Do any of you guys agree?