Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Hasbro are no better than SEGA at this point, so to speak.

Or Capcom I should say.

Also, the fact that the yearly movies are all Equestria Girls feels like a deal breaker for me. I heard that Lauren Faust wanted movies to be more adventure oriented. Hasbro seems to be presenting alot of missed opportunities at this point.

On top of it all, the fact that Faust had no involvement with the last two seasons make me skeptical whether or not it's coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just starting watching MLP last night, saw the first episode, thought it wasn't bad at all. Based on what I heard, the show isn't as good as it used to be since Lauren Faust left production (thanks to the suits). Has the show really become a shell of what it could've been if Faust had stayed?

Opinions are mixed, but I will say, the show in general has gone from being purely educational to more adventure and slice of life.  You'll notice the difference in styles as you progress to the later episodes. Obviously, things haven't been the same since Faust left and while we'll never know what things would have been like had Faust stayed on, the show still has some great writers that do make some good episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just starting watching MLP last night, saw the first episode, thought it wasn't bad at all. Based on what I heard, the show isn't as good as it used to be since Lauren Faust left production (thanks to the suits). Has the show really become a shell of what it could've been if Faust had stayed?

I've been watching since season one, and so far, season 4 is my favorite of the entire show. I think season 3 was the show's low point, but they recovered nicely afterward.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well right now I'm halfway through the first season. So far it ain't bad at all, and I really look forward to what's yet to come. I don't wanna look at too much fan material until I've known many of the characters.

Edit: I got another question: Do there exist published comics and novels by bronies?

Well right now I'm halfway through the first season. So far it ain't bad at all, and I really look forward to what's yet to come. I don't wanna look at too much fan material until I've known many of the characters.

Edit: I got another question: Do there exist published comics and novels by bronies?

Novels? Technically yes, as there have been print runs of popular fan fictions like Past Sins and Fallout: Equestria with very questionable legality.

There are three official comic series published by IDW produced by artists and writers like Andy Cook, Katie Price and Heather Breckel who are big fans of the show. I would recommend waiting until after the 3rd season to read them as they are mostly canonical to the show and would spoil some of the twists you haven't seen yet.

I've been feeling kinda saddened by the lack of notable and/or really cool fanworks lately. I guess the fandom is finally quieting down a bit...plus Hasbro is C&D'ing the few people who ARE still making really cool stuff >_>

I miss the days where this thread (well technically its predecessor) was constantly being updated with remixes and cool animations and fanfic recommendations and silly comics and super-cool art and hnnnnnnnnnng nostalgia <3

• Thumbs Up 8

I can't really think of many examples of ceases and desists lately (unless you count episode removals).  Then again I don't really pay much attention to EQD which is where I imagine that sort of thing would be covered.

There was one person called Janimations who had a C&D a few months ago. He made things like Button Masher and a few other stuff. I just started getting into the fanbase as well.

I need to watch more of Dr.Wolf, while I don't find his reviews to be the most interesting out there the talks he has with other members of the community are always a treat.

I've been feeling kinda saddened by the lack of notable and/or really cool fanworks lately. I guess the fandom is finally quieting down a bit...plus Hasbro is C&D'ing the few people who ARE still making really cool stuff >_>

I miss the days where this thread (well technically its predecessor) was constantly being updated with remixes and cool animations and fanfic recommendations and silly comics and super-cool art and hnnnnnnnnnng nostalgia <3

>Was the one who did the bolded part

Sorry ; _; I've been stuck playing PSO2 and that gave me a huge backlog (going back to last year's halloween) and it doesn't seem like it's getting any shorter.

I'll see if I can bring back the fic posts (in a way that doesn't feel so much like a blog post) at some point next week tho, I've been reading a bit more since it seems I got IP locked from that game I've been playing. :V

I've also been wanting to speak about the season finale for a while but I feel really awkward about popping in and saying my piece way later than everyone else.

Anyway! The reason I came here today was to bring you... THIS!

Capture.PNG

VA Approved AppleDash!!1!

Delicious selfcest!

Actually, it is a post in support of World Pride Day but you know how silly we can be tongue.png

Shipping aside, there is no reason to say this isn't a very cool thing (unless you don't feel comfortable around the topic at all, but I feel this wouldn't be the time nor thread to bring that up) yet I'm bringing this up because I worry there might be repercussions from the PR department about this, here's hoping I'm just being paranoid.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a good fic recommendation, for those who enjoyed Fall of the Crystal Empire. Though I have to warn that it's a little on the more violent side.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/99442-the-power-of-chaosdiscord-fighting-celestia-and-luna/

Also, a fic that's an alternate ending to A Canterlot Wedding, which heavily discusses the scene when Shining Armor, the Mane 6, and Celestia left her in the wedding hall.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/66755-a-canterlot-wedding-the-alternate-ending/

I'm bringing this up because I worry there might be repercussions from the PR department about this, here's hoping I'm just being paranoid.

If they do that, I'll find the PR department utterly disgusting. Heck, if it was on it's own, I'd find it bad but understandable, but this is the same PR department that let Tara Strong post highly suggestive art of Twilight Sparkle on her Twitter without so much as a word about it. The hypocrisy that this hypothetical situation would have would be nothing short of deplorable

bannerfinished2_zpsdb5f3584.png

So far Griffons have been seen in Episodes like the MMMystery Episode, but still we need to see the canon Griffon Kingdom.

Wow, the latest comic arc really hasn't gone down too well.

I haven't read all of it, but from what I have seen from it, it's pretty convoluted. What are some of the other problems it has out of curiosity? I haven't been following the comics.

I haven't read all of it, but from what I have seen from it, it's pretty convoluted. What are some of the other problems it has out of curiosity? I haven't been following the comics.

The big one is for most people is" OMG shipping the sunbutt waifu".  I don't have a problem with giving Celestia a romantic relationship in canon but it does lead to her making some very selfish actions in her past when she was much less mature. Whether this makes her a more well rounded and human character through her fallacies or completely contradicts her characterization as a wise benevolent leader is up to the reader.

The most interesting, if cliche, aspect of the story is seeing how Equestria would work if everyone flipped the poles on their moral compass. Unfortunately the story focuses almost exclusively on the romance between Sombro/Celestia and the schemes of the evil royal sisters, who are basically just slightly more campy Nightmare Moons. We only get a few visual gags in the background that show the alt doubles of certain characters like honest Flim Flam, Princess Trixie, and superhero Discord, but they never get involved in the story.

The conclusion was surprisingly dark and very bizarre as Sombro was some how able to use the elements of harmony despite not being a bearer. The mirror is also destroyed removing any possibility of revisiting this universe in future stories.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey yall, any idea where I can watch season 4 of MLP? It's been awhile since I've watched MLP because of a lot of life transitions, (marriage!).

Now I would really like to get back into it. I do have Netflix, but is there anywhere else?

You could probably find episodes on non-youtube video sites, like uh...DailyMotion and such. But you'd probably be better off sticking with Netflix.

crystal_fair.jpg

The Crystal Fair Finland this weekend.

We've published a mobile version of our convention book, which includes useful information about the con - such as programme and maps! On the mobile site you can also choose different programmes you want to check out, which will make it eas...y to remember what events you really want to see!

This is one of my fav cartoons on ATM.

Also, Applejack is best pony!

>Was the one who did the bolded part

Sorry ; _; I've been stuck playing PSO2 and that gave me a huge backlog (going back to last year's halloween) and it doesn't seem like it's getting any shorter.

I'll see if I can bring back the fic posts (in a way that doesn't feel so much like a blog post) at some point next week tho, I've been reading a bit more since it seems I got IP locked from that game I've been playing. :V

I got a good fic recommendation, for those who enjoyed Fall of the Crystal Empire. Though I have to warn that it's a little on the more violent side.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/99442-the-power-of-chaosdiscord-fighting-celestia-and-luna/

Also, a fic that's an alternate ending to A Canterlot Wedding, which heavily discusses the scene when Shining Armor, the Mane 6, and Celestia left her in the wedding hall.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/66755-a-canterlot-wedding-the-alternate-ending/

Well, uh, I'm still reading a bunch of fan fiction, and I finally came across an Equestria Girls fic that I actually like.  It's called Long Road to Friendship and it's mostly about Sunset Shimmer after the event of the first movie.  Pretty much what happens is that the Elements of Harmony dish out the biggest "Fuck You" to Sunset and curse her.  She's forced to do anything someone asks of her and she isn't allowed to lie (however the Elements gave her leeway on whether or not she wants to talk about the curse) until she stops being such a bitch.

I remember seeing this fic awhile back and ignoring it because I figured it was going to be more comedy focused where the Mane 5 figure out about the curse and sort of abuse it and stuff.  I dunno, didn't seem like it'd be all that great.  I gave it a read through and it's actually a bunch of fun.  One thing I like about Equestria Girls fics is seeing how the author portrays a lot the pony characters' human counterparts, their jobs and stuff.

The author did the absolute best thing ever with Cadance.

She's a fucking radio show host love guru, I shit you not.  People call her anonymously, and she gives hammy corny love advice and plays terribad love songs and stuff.  It's the most ridiculously amazing stroke of brilliance I've seen from a EG fic, and it

fits so well.  I was dying when Cadance was introduced in the story, it's just amazing.

Oh, there's some Sunset and Twilight shipping going on here too.  I think it's fine, but it might not be your preferred sea vessel.

Not pony Princess Twilight though.  

Human Twilight is totally lesbians for Sunset.  And Sunset is all "why the fuck do you have to look like the bitch I hate with a fiery passion?"  And Flash is confused as hell, because human Twilight doesn't want anything to do with him.

It's really weird and fun at the same time.  Kind of sad sometimes, but it's mostly fun.

I still can't get over Cadance, oh my fucking god.

Ok, so I'm all caught up with the whole MLP series now. I have one question, are there any fanfic authors who make fics like they're actual seasons of MLP, as well as making movie/special type fics?