Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

Now you all DEFINITELY have me interested in going to the Vegas Licensing Expo. I've no idea what sorts of goodies would be there, but since they invite retailers to come as well... it makes me wonder they may have some already manufactured pieces of merch available.

I can only presume there's NDAs like crazy at such an event, but hey, it's worth it to get a taste of the future.

I think a toy fair probably would be better though since it sounds like the Licensing Expo is for if you plan on manufacturing rather than selling. Maybe in the future when the finances are there.

Looking at the 2014 New York Toy Fair floor plan, it doesn't look like SEGA's going to be there. Never mind, just realised that it'd be Jazzwares and co. who would be exhibiting and not SEGA. I'm slow today.

Probably Sonic Boom toys...

So our first look at the Sonic Boom Designs made be through toys. Ok.

Or maybe we'll get a look at Sonic Boom sooner than we think?

I get the feeling if there are any Sonic Boom toys that will be revealed, they'll be hidden by NDA, so people like you and me won't be seeing them.

Which is half the reason I kinda wanna go to one of these events. I want to have insider info for a change.

Even though anything (if there's anything) will be covered by NDAs, I wouldn't be surprised if our first look at Boom is by a leak, toy or otherwise.

I get the feeling if there are any Sonic Boom toys that will be revealed, they'll be hidden by NDA, so people like you and me won't be seeing them.

Which is half the reason I kinda wanna go to one of these events. I want to have insider info for a change.

If that's the case and Sega keeps the toys a secret, we all know someone will leak it. I mean, Sega can barely keep entire games a secret (i.e. Sonic 4), how will they keep figurines a secret?

Not that that's a bad thing mind you. 

Actually I was going to say that but it slipped my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if something eventually leaks through. SEGA just doesn't keep a close enough eye on its employees and partners to avoid tidbits falling through here and there.

So everyone be ready around February. Who knows, there might be an image of what the characters look like - albeit in figure form, but it's a start - for just a few minutes before SEGA finds it.

Actually it would be pretty awesome if SEGA followed up their SA2 figure from last year with a Boom figure on this year's Hedgehog Day but I'm just wishfully thinking.

Something interesting has caught my eye.

Toy Fair is tomorrow, and from the advertisement I saw the other day, Sega is supposed to have a stand at G46. 

However... according to the toyfairs own website, that stand is being held by Sambro international. 

http://www.btha.co.uk/toy-fair/visitors/exhibitor-list/?l=S

Now... Sambro international did get a license to make tons of Sonic toys last year... so Sega could be supporting them. If thats the case, expect board games, not action figures.

I'm more excited for LEGO at Toy Fair, I'm not really into Sonic toys. I have a Jazwares Modern Sonic (I think it's the one with Burst and Yacker), but nothing else.

So I didn't mention this one since it's really hard to get information on it. 

At the end of February theres another toy fair in Nuremberg... Well...

Jazwares have just announced that they're going to it. Last year their booth was packed full of unannounced/released Sonic stuff.

Ohhh, now that gets me very giddy about the coming month.

I can certainly hope any new toys shown will be allowed to be seen by the public... but if it's anything Boom-related, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a no photography rule.

...not that it's foolproof in stopping people, of course.

I will give SEGA credit in really pushing their brand into more toy lines. While G.E. Animation is more for general merch, their partnering with Pop! and the like will go a long way to increase the brand's strength in ordinary toys, I think.

Yeah, I really like those erasers. They're super cute. 

I have no idea what the heck a Doodle Jump is, but more merch ain't a bad thing, right?? I doubt it means anything regarding an actual game, what with the other character costume things. You never know, tho'.

Bit of video for those figures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0JWkcaz_eo

Starts at around 2:42

Oh, how could I forget? The Anime on Display started today and also will have an event tomorrow.

Just like last year, Mr. Webber will be presenting over a History of Sonic panel at 3 PM. They're going to be handing out free merch, presumably more Sonic Boom 2013 stuff like they did at last year's event.

I mean they probably won't give anything juicy while they're there but who knows?

If they're handing out more Boom merch... I definitely need to make sure to go to the 2015 one.

A reminder.

Germany's toy fair is tomorrow, Jazwares have a booth there, we do have someone going to it who is going to check out. Though I doubt there will be any game leaks or anything along those lines.

I'd like to see what new Sonic game they have in store for us.

As for the Sonic Boom cartoon, I want to see how it turns out before I make any opinions on it.

Has Dash 1 even been out long enough to warrant such a thing?

King do it all the time. So often that they tried to trademark the word 'saga'.

• Thumbs Up 1