Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

Without yet downloading it, what makes this different to all the other F2P games of this sort in the App Store? It looks and sounds generic as as be right now. Soulless too.

Yeah that doesn't interest me at all. In fact, the monsters designs remind me a lot of Puzzles and Dragons. =/ Very unoriginal and blah.

Downloaded it and am playing as we speak. Don't waste your time on this, guys. It's rubbish.

The game thats getting rereleased is Shenmue...

...said nobody at SEGA ever.

My guess is Knuckles Chaotix or Jet Set Radio Future.

No chance of seeing Sonic 2015/2016 then? 

Hrm.

Sega: Ye knows too much....

Oh well.

I guess that means they can properly focus on those three games. Hopefully that works out for them.

Probably not gonna see Sonic 2015/6 until early next year anyway, they'll want to focus/get all the attention on Boom. 

Pretty much so they can say "Hey here's our amazing thing, it's gonna be great" without any distractions from other things. Though it's kinda sad if there really are only 3 games going this year, and they're pretty much what was at E3 last year.

Though I suppose there will be different versions. e.g. Boom = Wii U & 3DS?

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonc Boom will probably be the main focus and will grab the most attention out of the 3 games Sega is showing at E3 this year.

Yep Sonic Boom is defitnitely going to be the biggest out of the three, but don't be surprised if Alien Isolation turns a couple of heads so far the game is shaping up nicely.

So it's sort of SEGA. Probably means nothing, buuuut.

10306249_642988025769511_854326272699729

Summer of Sonic updated their cover photo for whatever reason today. I get the feeling that announcement might not be too far away after all.

True.

But it's supposed to be the Year of Sonic. D:

Come to think of it, did they say 2014 itself would be the Year of Sonic, or just that the Year would BEGIN in 2014?

For all we know, the Year of Sonic could run from June 2014 to June 2015.

2016 is angry at being left out of the Year shenanigans, given it's the 25th.

According to Global! License magazine. Sega will be releasing new Sonic mobile apps this year.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/05/license-global-new-sonic-mobile-apps-coming-2014/

At least thats the impression the article gives off though it might be older apps that they're calling new and year not very clear.

According to Global! License magazine. Sega will be releasing new Sonic mobile apps this year.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/05/license-global-new-sonic-mobile-apps-coming-2014/

At least thats the impression the article gives off though it might be older apps that they're calling new and year not very clear.

Hm, I'm willing to bet at least two of those apps will be Sonic Jump Fever and Sonic Dash S.

New Sonic game? Licensing Expo?

Dangit Hoggy you just sold the Expo pass to me. I guess it's a good thing they're free. I'll swing by just to see what they're up to...

Hm, I'm willing to bet at least two of those apps will be Sonic Jump Fever and Sonic Dash S.

When Sonic Boom was first announced I recall them saying they were developing mobile apps which were related specifically to the new brand. So I think this app will be something to do with Sonic Boom, and not Dash, Jump or Sonic 3&K.

When Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus was released, they released an endless runner called Before the Nexus where you could earn rewards and then transfer them into the actual console title.

Perhaps SEGA will do something similar with Boom?

I'm also convinced that these new apps will be for the Sonic boom sub-franchise, it would make sense. If they want to take advantage of the cartoon's popularity, there is no better device than the mobile ones.

"Hey keeds! Running out of sports tape to keep the characters at optimal performance? Buy 2 more rolls of it for a buck ninety-nine!"

I look forward to seeing what microtransactions are inevitably in store.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Sonic game? Licensing Expo?

Dangit Hoggy you just sold the Expo pass to me. I guess it's a good thing they're free. I'll swing by just to see what they're up to...

Well if you do end up going, try to take some pics and do a writeup and I can bung it on TSS.

Though if you want to get into Sega's booth you might need to make an appointment.

The event itself is free to enter with industry credentials, so it couldn't hurt to try. Who knows, maybe the booth is open so any possible partners can glance. I am technically a retailer who could buy their goods, no?

I'll have to see what their photography rules are. Though by then presumably everything would be out of the bag so I doubt there'd be anything secretive.

I think you might need to look up what the licensing expo is.

I was under the impression it was for people to buy the license, as opposed to buy the products. 

You never know you may get in, just be careful.

While licensing is indeed the focus, it looks like a lot of it is also meant for retailers. Presumably so they can look at products they should stock, or see brands that show promise. It would make sense for Sonic merchandise to be on display, since that means more retailers pick the products up, which means SEGA gets more profits in the long run due to royalties.

201306191923041240.jpg

This was their 2013 booth... not really much, but I could give it a quick glance over. Presumably they'd have more to showcase this year.

If nothing else it's an excuse for me to go down to the Strip. :P