Awoo.

Did we ever find out what those mystery Sega games were?

Badnik Mechanic

Yes that topic title isn't my finest hour I know =p

Anyway...

I'm not sure when it was, I want to say around a year ago but it might have been just over half a year. There was a financial report came out last year for Sega which included a list of consoles and their intentions to release a game on it. 

I'm quite sure this report came out prior to Lost Worlds announcement since I remember speculation saying that some of the games on the list were probably a new Sonic game.

Anyway... does anyone have that report? If so, it would be quite interesting to go through it again and see what games have come out in that launch window which in turn might give us some insight into whats been going on at Sega in the last year.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• goku262002

• FourCartridge

• Dejimon11

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible its either in the 2013 or 2012 future plans for SEGA threads? if so, then maybe giving those threads a search may help.

If you can remember a line of sentence or certain phrase I can find it.

Aha! I found it. It was in the 2013 topic, just searched report and looked at every result, and dreadknux actually wrote an article on it back when he worked for Spong.

http://spong.com/article/29529/SEGA-Profits-Rise-as-Sonic-Becomes-Best-Seller

Ok it wasn't quite a year ago but.... the report was published in May 2013 and it basically broke down as follows.

SEGA expects to sell 11.6 million units of packaged games,

PS3 (7 SKUs), Wii U (7), Xbox 360 (4), 3DS (6), PSP (2), Vita (5) and PC (11).

financial statement adds that Sega "also intends to make our game software compatible with the next-generation game machines, which are due to be launched."

Now here is where things get a little tricky... I don't know enough about these reports to know exactly how Sega 'counts' these games. Looking in the topic on the subject it...

Does it include Digital Games? Some people were adamant that it didn't, but some evidence from the previous year report contradicted this (or it might have to do with different regions).

Then someone pointed out this...

If you go to page 5 of SEGA Appendix for the prior fiscal year go to page 5. There check the BREAKDOWN OF REGION, notice Japan/Other is 10 titles (13 sku) US is 8 (18 sku) and Europe is 7 (18 sku) add them all up and what do we get? 25 titles (With 49 sku)

Now go to FY ENDED 2013 table, go to the very bottom and notice is says 49 sku. So yes, SEGA counts first of all, the amount of ports the title has, then the region it was released.

Most complete list I could find...

11 games on PC - Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2, Castle of Illussion (?)

7 on Wii U - 

7 on PS3 - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club, Castle of Illussion

6 on 3DS - 3D Sonic 1

5 on Vita - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club

4 on Xbox 360 - Castle of Illussion

2 on PSP -

So... anyone know the SKU numbers/how sega counts it for certain? And want to have a bash at what the games could be? Remember this will be games released between April 2013 (around then) to April 2014. So it won't count Aliens Isolation but will count Sonic Lost World.

Assuming the list counts digital games... this would be my best guess.

11 games on PC - Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2, Castle of Illusion, 

7 on Wii U - Sonic Lost World, Mario + Sonic Sochi, Yakuza collection (japan only).

7 on PS3 - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club, Castle of Illussion, Hatsue Miku.

6 on 3DS - Sonic Lost World, + How many of those 3D classic games have been released?

5 on Vita - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club, Hatsue Miku, Football manager 2014 (Game is out on mobile, might miss the 2013 release window).

4 on Xbox 360 - Castle of Illusion

2 on PSP -

Ok heres the report.

capture2nrp2i.png

The figures to be interested in are the ones on the far right under 2014 full year forecast

Uhhh....So were basically playing a game of "guess the games" between April 2013 and 2014?

If so, should we throw in the digital titles or leave them out?

Since we're on the topic did we ever find out about what SEGA IP was being reimagined? http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/11/sega-re-imagining-a-beloved-ip/

This might have been "SEGA Reborn", where things like Golden Axe and OutRun were going to take place in one universe or whatever.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/check_out_sega_australias_impressive_golden_axe_remake

Not too sure otherwise, for the time frame.

Well, this is a bit of a wild guess, but maybe most of those were scrapped? IIRC SEGA was reorganizing at the time...

Uhhh....So were basically playing a game of "guess the games" between April 2013 and 2014?

If so, should we throw in the digital titles or leave them out?

Kinda, I was just curious as to what the games might have been since Sega has had such an odd year, I was wondering how many of these got made/released.

As for the digital titles. I don't know if it counts them or not, the easiest way to tell would be the 3DS titles since theres been loads this last year.