Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Hmm, Lost World's in the new 2014 games section. Could that mean that the third exclusive will be a Lost World story sequel?

Yes definately echoing the fact that this new title needs a PC release along with the other platforms, PC just needs more sonic love.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually don't mind it being a CG film to the new show (I mean, what did you expect?) but I do hope that the wii u version of the 2015 game isn't a downgraded port.

So what happened to that third exclusive? I don't see that here.

Also I'm not getting hyped after Lost World, even though I liked the game and defend it it was still heavily flawed. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, Lost World's in the new 2014 games section. Could that mean that the third exclusive will be a Lost World story sequel?

So is M&S @ Sochi 2014 so I doubt it.

Well looks like I gotta start saving up some monies. I'm glad they didn't abandon the Wii U but it seems it's not exclusive... hrm... And looks like the movie was confirmed, but I'm a bit upset it's going to be a Sonic Boom based film. Yeah, we haven't seen the animation yet but I pray to God that the film isn't as bad as the Garfield theatrical films which used the same animation as the CG cartoon. I'm still not on the hype train as nothing is yet revealed and I'm quite skeptical of this. Let's just wait and see. Who knows, maybe SEGA will announce something on Hedgehog Day?

Sonic 5 coming to PS4/Xbox1 and Wii U in 2015  *folds arms*

Oh and lets not dis Sonic Boom until we've seen it. Well, it could turn out to be really good, it could be, it really could be............ okay it won't, but it really could be!

Awesome! Hopefully this will be great title, it sucks that we won't get a PC port though. Still probably not going to invest into next gen though.

That was never confirmed or denied (but in all seriousness generations came to pc, but the port was announced like a week before release); It'd also be preetty stupid NOT to release on pc people will buy it on pc for the mods alone or even 2nd copies (like I did).

So basically we're getting 3 games in the space of 3 years (Lost World: 2013, Nintendo Exclusive + Next Gen: 2014/15).

I have a feeling that the Nintendo exclusive is going to be a cheap spinoff for a quick buck. Developing for the XBOX One and the PS4 costs and takes a lot more time than the last generation so it wouldn't be a far cry to imagine that they're focusing more resources on that as opposed to the Nintendo exclusive.

I could be wrong though.

Why isn't the third exclusive Nintendo Sonic mentioned here? A little worrying.

Still! Exciting times! Almost quicker than I expected.

Why isn't the third exclusive Nintendo Sonic mentioned here? A little worrying.

Still! Exciting times! Almost quicker than I expected.

...actually that's a point.

Does anyone think they've pulled a Rayman Legends and moved the third exclusive to multiplatform and pushed the date back to 2015 or is it still happening?

I think people are getting the wrong idea with the film. I'm pretty sure it just means that Sonic Boom is the first CGI animated show in the series. If it were an actual film it'd probably have a bit more info, like a tentative release date.

So is M&S @ Sochi 2014 so I doubt it.

3DS version obviously. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like making a feature film based on a TV show that hasn't even premiered yet is a pretty bad idea... If Sonic's first screen appearance features the new porcupine on the block with the buff chest, then consider me disappoint. 

But sweet Sanic on PS4/Xbone with a shitty Dimps Wii U version can't wait

Depends, for all we know they could be counting Sonic's appearance in the new Smash Bros as the third game. They counted Mario & Sonic so why not after all.

So basically we're getting 3 games in the space of 3 years (Lost World: 2013, Nintendo Exclusive + Next Gen: 2014/15).

I have a feeling that the Nintendo exclusive is going to be a cheap spinoff for a quick buck. Developing for the XBOX One and the PS4 costs and takes a lot more time than the last generation so it wouldn't be a far cry to imagine that their focusing more resources on that as opposed to the Nintendo exclusive.

I could be wrong though.

Actually the PS4 and XONE are much easier to develop compared to last gen.

I really looking foward for the next Sonic game. Especially since it's not gonna be Wii U exclusive.

About Sonic Boom: I wonder if it's going to be any good. If it's gonna be way too kiddy, then I'm not interested.

Depends, for all we know they could be counting Sonic's appearance in the new Smash Bros as the third game. They counted Mario & Sonic so why not after all.

Actually Mario & Sonic was developed by Sega, Smash Bros isn't.

As long as the new game is the same across all platforms and the Wii U version isn't outsourced or cut content and is still 60 FPS, I'm fine with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually the PS4 and XONE are much easier to develop compared to last gen.

I'm evidentally not a tech-genius so forgive me for my ignorance, but I recall Capcom said it was much more expensive and time consuming? I could imagine it being easier because the PS4 and XBOX One are similar to PCs in design but if they want to get the best out of the systems would it not cost a lot more?

Sounds like SEGA decided the Nintendo deal wasn't working out for them. I don't mind personally... I don't really care for Nintendo as a brand.

Why do I get the feeling they're pessimistic about the sales of that third Nintendo exclusive that's likely coming out later this year? :P

Yay I'm still on the hype train *freaked out Druddigon*

Anyway, so long as it's not some cheap downgraded port I'm all good. I'll be personally preparing a feast of embracing when the Sonic Boom cartoon is out.

As long as the new game is the same across all platforms and the Wii U version isn't outsourced or cut content and is still 60 FPS, I'm fine with this.

Echoing this statement highly because 60fps in a Sonic game is simply a must.

• Thumbs Up 1

(last six seconds irrelevant)

My speculations; It'll keep with the tradition of improving the new gameplay and control for the second of three games, but with less zero gravity gameplay.

I do hope we get at least one industrial stage, but as colorful and lively as, say, Sonic Riders' industrial stages. I also hope they keep the cartoon style and squash and stretch animations for the spin dash and jump.