Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Just think, Jazwares have now accidentally leaked major details about 2 Sonic games.

...actually that's a point.

Does anyone think they've pulled a Rayman Legends and moved the third exclusive to multiplatform and pushed the date back to 2015 or is it still happening?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Rayman Legends. We saw how horrid SLW did. If they decided to stick with the Nintendo exclusivity it would just get worse for them.

I feel like making a feature film based on a TV show that hasn't even premiered yet is a pretty bad idea... If Sonic's first screen appearance features the new porcupine on the block with the buff chest, then consider me disappoint. 

But sweet Sanic on PS4/Xbone with a shitty Dimps Wii U version can't wait

Yeah about Sonic Boom. We already know it's not gonna be good, but heck I'll still go see the movie in theaters. That is, if they bring it where I live. They're very picky with which movies they bring over here.

I can't wait for the shit fest when it's announced that the Wii U version is being handled by Dimps

Now I'm worried this will come true. I don't wanna have to buy two freakin' consoles just because SEGA decided to make a mediocre Wii U version.

Just think, Jazwares have now accidentally leaked major details about 2 Sonic games.

To be fair, this time the only thing they've really leaked in terms of the games is the platforms. We already pretty much knew we'd get a game next year. Still though, what a nice start that everyone has equal chance to play it (assuming you've jumped to next gen).

Hey, guys, before you start freaking out, maybe you should take a step back and wonder if perhaps the details might not be correct?

Just saying, this isn't from Sega.

• Thumbs Up 7

You guys DO know you're hyping over nothing, right? For all we know the new Sonic game could be Labyrinth 2.

Personally I'm hoping for an improved Lost World formula with some elements from the Boost games, but we'll see

Please Wii U version be good

Hey, guys, before you start freaking out, maybe you should take a step back and wonder if perhaps the details might not be correct?

Just saying, this isn't from Sega.

Well true, but this IS from an official toy fair. Last time something got leaked from them (the mention of a new Sonic cartoon), it turned out to be true. I think it's safe to say it's legit. They really aren't leaking anything, aside from confirming the rumor about a new Sonic movie, and the fact that Sonic Team is working on a new project.

I'm tired of this console exclusive bullshit. Everything that isn't Mario and Sonic or made specifically for a handheld should be multi-platform.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think people are getting the wrong idea with the film. I'm pretty sure it just means that Sonic Boom is the first CGI animated show in the series. If it were an actual film it'd probably have a bit more info, like a tentative release date.

I'm echoing this, 'film' can (and probably does) imply that it's referring to the TV show itself, not a separate movie.

• Thumbs Up 4

The best-case scenario I can see is:

-All 3 versions are equal in content

-Wii U runs at 720p, Xbone at 900p, and PS4 at 1080p

-Wii U version is either outsourced to the Colours team (unless both teams are together again) or worked along side the others

-All 3 versions run at 60 FPS

-All 3 versions gain exclusive DLC levels that relate to the consoles IPs (For example, we can get a Banjo-Kazooie level on the Xbone and Rachet and Clank for the PS4)

• Thumbs Up 4

To be fair, this time the only thing they've really leaked in terms of the games is the platforms. We already pretty much knew we'd get a game next year. Still though, what a nice start that everyone has equal chance to play it (assuming you've jumped to next gen).

They leaked several characters/zones from Sonic Generations with their toyline.

And possibly Transformed, though it was never clear if that was a Sega rep or a Jazwares one.

I'm tired of this console exclusive bullshit. Everything that isn't Mario and Sonic or made specifically for a handheld should be multi-platform.

Wh-what

The sign said it SHOULD be for all 3 next gen consoles. What has your panties in a knot? :U

• Thumbs Up 8

Wh-what

The sign said it SHOULD be for all 3 next gen consoles. What has your panties in a knot? :U

He was referring to Lost World and the 3rd unannounced title (which I don't know now if that's still going on).

I have a PS4 and Wii U...but man I'm glad that we're getting a Sonic game on the PS4. Not getting too hyped though but I am optimistic.

I guess that the third Wii U exclusive Sonic game will come out this year.

Well true, but this IS from an official toy fair. Last time something got leaked from them (the mention of a new Sonic cartoon), it turned out to be true. I think it's safe to say it's legit. They really aren't leaking anything, aside from confirming the rumor about a new Sonic movie, and the fact that Sonic Team is working on a new project.

The fact that Sonic Team are working on a new project is fairly obvious, but the information about the platforms are in question, for all we know Jazwares assumed it would be multiplatform. The fact that they got the Sochi title wrong does not help its validity any.

I'm echoing this, 'film' can (and probably does) imply that it's referring to the TV show itself, not a separate movie.

Eh, could be true actually. But considering Sony registered Sonic movie domains you can kinda see how it could as well be a movie. If they are referring to the show, then they should have used better word choice. I don't know anyone who refers to a cartoon as a film.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the one hand, whether the third exclusive Sonic game on the Wii U will turn into a multiplatform release or not is something I'll not believe until SEGA states so. We don't know whether the supposedly upcoming 2015 Sonic game will be a different game to the third exclusive Wii U game or not, so until then I'll remain cautious in terms of rumours and leaks.

On the other hand, IF the third exclusive Sonic game for the Wii U turned to be multiplatform (as some would say, SEGA pulling a Rayman Legends), all I can say is the more platforms the better, just like what happened with Rayman Legends. However, what I will not tolerate is anything that will make the Wii U version downgraded in comparison to the others: I don't want gimped ports, missing content, or inexcusable delays, I want the Wii U version just as equally well treated as the others so Wii U users can enjoy the game in the same conditions as the Xbox One and PS4 users will.

Anyway, as I stated before, I'll remain cautious until SEGA confirms anything in regards to these news. Although I cannot hide the fact that I am looking forward to whatever new adventure of the blue blur will be next. =)

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not hyping just yet. If the exclusive game is now a multiplatform one then I hope the Wii U version will just be slightly downgraded version of the Ps4/Xbone versions. This shouldn't happen though since this is an HD console unlike the Wii, which is why that one got Sonic Unwiished.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not hyping just yet. If the exclusive game is now a multiplatform one then I hope the Wii U version will just be slightly downgraded version of the Ps4/Xbone versions. This shouldn't happen though since this is an HD console unlike the Wii, which is why that one got Sonic Unwiished.

Well it should due to textures and stuff, but downgraded should only be in graphics.

I can't be hyped because there's literally no information to be hyped about yet. The only confusing thing to me was the fact PS4 and Xbone are both getting a game despite the contract between Nintendo and SEGA. But I'll look forward to see what direction they're going to take next - namely, if they're going to continue down the Lost World route to refine that gameplay style, go back to how it was before with the boost, or start from the drawing board again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking back at the poster I noticed it just states "New 2015 title TBA". For all we know this could just be a new Sonic Riders game, and not specifically a new game in the main series. And although i'd like to believe the new Sonic "film" is going to be theatrical, something tells me it's just going to be a 40-minute TV movie. Perhaps a prequel to the series' main plot. To me it's a lot more realistic and I doubt SEGA has the guts to push Sonic out on the big screen, as the general public just doesn't care for the blue hedgehog all that much anymore.

Edited by SwiftWinds