Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah, you get the premium eggs by beating the bosses without dying (a perfect reason to use Knuckles and Caliburn). I've gotten to the stage now where bosses are laden with traps and they have 15 hit points. It's tough and quite unfair.

In order to spin the premium roulette with marginally better odds and without spending red rings, you have to get 10 premium eggs. That's 10 perfect boss battle runs. It's a grind.

Speaking of Caliburn, how does one unlock companions? Do you gotta complete a certain amount of maps? I'm at episode 10 and still only have the Piggybank.

Some secrets I've discovered in Sonic Runners.

Mega Combo Bonus:

If you are able to get a combo bonus of around 30-50, then get the following two items. The item which maintains your combo and boosts it, then get a drill wisp. Your combo bonus goes upto 500, get yourself some insane points with this!

Give your friends an extra try for free

You need Facebook friends for this, if you go to the ranking list, then to friends, tap their name and then 'send challenge.' You're not actually sending them a challenge, but gifting them an extra try. The best part? It doesn't cost you anything! I gave everybody one on my friends list and it cost me nothing.

And that's not the only part.

Your friend doesn't have to do a challenge! No idea why, but it just gives them a free try regardless as to the fact it says 'challenge sent.' 

Get Free rings for being nice

So want another reason to give/send lives to people as described above? Every time someone accepts your revive/free try gift, you get rings as a reward. Maximum I've had is just under 3000 rings for being nice to other players.

Review the game, get free rings... or not

Early on in the game you are asked to review the game, say yes... but even if you don't review the game, you are given free rings!

Don't play for a day, get better odds on the wheels. *Needs more testing*

Right, this one needs more confirming/testing, but given how these mobile games work, this wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

When you first started the game and did the daily spin wheel, by any chance did you get the 'big' and then the 'super' icons? Not seen them again despite playing daily? 

Well... there might be a way to increase those odds. 

If you don't play the game for over 24 hours, you will land on the 'big' and 'super' icons, tested it with one account so far which had been playing daily since launch, then missed a day, then got 3 big followed by 3 super wheels in a row, though no jackpots. Seems a tad suspicious. 

They need to seriously hurry and release this worldwide.

Also, -looks at title of thread-

• Thumbs Up 1

I downloaded the game from outside of the Google play. Here are my thoughts (I'm in chapter 18).

Story: Not so good. It's standard Team Sonic vs Rob... Eggman in chapter format. But it does it's job and luckily you can skip the dialogue. I myself didn't even expected the game to have plot.

Presentation: It's Sonic game. Visuals are great for the mobile game and music is good. If there would only be a little more variety in that department it would be perfect. Character models are great. Only problem is the loadtimes. They are bad.

Gameplay: It's 2D-runner but it gets extra points because of the feel of the game. To me, it truly feels like 2D Sonic game. All three characters gameplay is great, they handle in the I think they should. I personally have most fun with Tails (it seems to be theme with me) and I can't help but feel that Knuckles is the most situational of the three. But I think that it takes little too much time unlock Tails and Knuckles.

Boss battles with Eggman have some sort of variety but not much.

As power-ups we gave three type of Wisp. They work well but personally I don't like the laser one because it makes you miss big amount of points (which you need in order to progress).

Companion system works well and subcharacter is great. It cost rings but I still recommend using it almost every time (except boss fights and if amount of points needed is small)

Free-to-play: I haven't see single add (YET) and game doesn't force you to spend money. But there is that one fatal flaw: always-on DRM. To me, having that is a very bad sign. I bet that there will be more ways for game to get money in the full launch but hopefully there is also some new content in game.

Summary: Game does well what it is suppose to do as a mobile game. It's very fun to play in short sessions. In longer sessions in can get monotony. But I definetely recommend it. It feels like step in the right direction and hopefully the multiple character will finally return also in console games.

Oh wow, I'm actually fairly surprised there are that many people playing, especially considering it's only officially out in Japan and Canada.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, I'm actually fairly surprised there are that many people playing, especially considering it's only officially out in Japan and Canada.

I guess you can also count all the people who has a Canadian/Japanese iTunes/Google Play account that aren't from those places or they use Bluestacks....

"To celebrate reaching 500,000 players, here's a 6% chance at unlocking a new character"

Fuck this.

16587469897_cc24c85e4e_z.jpg

Yep. I've spun the wheel over 20 times since the Chaotix campaign started. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess you can also count all the people who has a Canadian/Japanese iTunes/Google Play account that aren't from those places or they use Bluestacks....

Or we've downloaded an APK provided by fans ? People outside JP/CA in Europe (Look above at where Blue lives :P) have downloaded it that way onto their android devices.

• Thumbs Up 1

"To celebrate reaching 500,000 players, here's a 6% chance at unlocking a new character"

And you have to land on the Egg 3 times for every character, and the possibility of getting the same character twice

And I got Espio twice, HOW??????

If you get the same character twice, they give you 50 Red Rings, 10000 Rings, and 3 Special Eggs

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think it's ridiculous that they barely reward you tangibly for score. I'm at the top of the Runner's League for E* and I haven't gotten jack diddly shit for it because it takes an entire week for the goodies to be handed out - and even then I'll only be getting a measly 25 red rings.

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't got a single damn egg so far. I likely never will. Why?

I'm at episode 48. Just to clear a single part of an episode is grindy as fuck. It takes around 6 million points to clear a single part of an episode.

What makes matters worse, is that the game screws you over by completely randomizing the zones. I'm pretty much forced to play strictly as Sonic, because he's the only character that can reliably go through all three levels. Knuckles and Tails are abysmal in their irrespective levels. Even then, sometimes I get screwed over by the level design as Sonic in the flight and power levels. There are so many obstacles that require a specific character to clear through.

This is fucking retarded, and almost borderline ruins the game. This game was designed around having certain characters for certain levels. This randomized bullshit makes having fun with the game almost certainly luck based. It's hard to force a character in a level that's not made for it, and do well at the same time. Sonic is the best choice, because his "space jump" is like a compromise between Knuckles and Tails' own abilities. And even then, that's dodgy.

Congratulations Sonic Team. You basically made this a Solo Sonic game for the last 10 episodes, and everything is a grind.

• Thumbs Up 3

Huehuehue I got both Charmy on my phone and Vector on my tablet from the free premium spin. :B

Okay, I've saved up 106 red rings. I'm one special egg away from getting the chance bonus.

I swear to fucking god if I don't get a Chaotix with two special spins I'm going to rage. Warning you guys ahead of time here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck this.

Yep. I've spun the wheel over 20 times since the Chaotix campaign started. 

I got the Golden Egg and unlocked, err.....................Chip!  :D

09zIF2n.png

Q37vR3E.png

Which is better than nothing.....I guess.

Perhaps when they reach 1,000,000 players they'll just give us one of the Chaotix for free. If it turns out to be Charmy Bee then I'll nuke SEGA from orbit!  :P

Edit: The 15 second dash you get from Chip after you die is pretty cool!

Chip boost to win!

2n1akmE.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh shit, the monkey guy from the cancelled Sonic's New Sidekick sweepstakes has resurrected as a cymbal monkey. Solaris help us all.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll be honest, I don't know how that companion really helps. Like, it's annoying when the game dicks you out of a combo, but usually that's because of getting hit. It's not often there's a time where the combo runs out, except maybe for the Power levels. But honestly, usually where that becomes a problem, you can quickly build the combo back up. The better thing for combos is the doubler. Throughout the whole duration of the doubler it not only doubles your bonus, but you cannot lose your combo in any way. I'll be doing this mostly for the red star rings, which I'm starved of.

I feel bad for some of you people and not getting a Chaotix character. I spinned on my first try and got Vector even though I was hoping for Charmy massive next time again. I used the free 50 red rings since I got 350 already and used it to second time and got Jewel Chao during spin there.

I like that there are no ads especially the ad videos hate those intensely. I hate how the game raises the amount of points needed to get through parts of the episode story. While at the same time you still make the same amount of points per game play only slightly more in the long run. When you get to the 4th part of the game play it is like impossible to play.