Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

We're totally sure this is a permanent thing, right?

Unpopular Opinion:  I actually really like what they did with Sonic's face.  I love his youthful complexion now. XD  - That being said the things I dislike from my other posts still stand.

• Thumbs Up 6

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Forget Sonic's slight baby face- Did they seriously not change Knuckles' head to account for the new proportions of his body? It looks like modern Knuckles' head was Photoshopped on Arnold the Pitbull's body.

I cannot.

Yea they seriously fucked those proportions up bad.

You know this is great and all, but...

Cmon SEGA give us what we really want; Dr. Eggman.

Seconded.

I really want to know what his most magnificent Eggyness looks like in this new timeline.

XD! SO did I unknowingly predict the future as a 6-year-old when I drew Sonic with blue arms?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, I just realised that we can see Knuckles' fingers now...guess the Sonic Fan Film predicted the future.

knuckles.png

This picture is wrong now. LOL!

I'm actually not bothered by Sonic's blue arms. That was like the last thing I actually noticed on him.

But I just can't shake off Knuckles. I'll probably get used to it at some point, but....damn man.

And no fucks were given today.

Seriously, couldn't care less. There are more important things that I'm concerned about. Like how the apparent tie-in game (should that actually exist as a thing) will play.

Though, I will say, the characters look like they're a little older. That is all.

Knuckles is a giant and also has metal pointy things instead of knuckles.

Knuckledusters or Brass knuckles, or something along those lines.

I was bracing myself for gross super-defined muscles on Knuckles; this is a lot less terrible than that.

Might just be my rock-bottom expectations, but they both look pretty alright. I can deal.

tumblr_inline_mqnu49SIOX1qz4rgp.gif

Okay, so now that I've fully gathered myself together time to actually give an impression on these new designs.

Sonic's is rapidly growing on me.  Genuinely I think it looks great.  The blue arms are no where near as jarring as I thought it would be and despite all the small design changes here and there proportionally he's the same.  I really like the fact that his hair is spikier now as it makes sense for the character and the new shoe design is interesting though no where near as iconic as the previous design(s).  Additionally the sports tape isn't really necessary in places, though all in all it's a really solid design.

Knuckles' on the other hand looks goofy, but only because of the proportions.  I actually feel the sports tape makes a lot of sense for the design and makes him seem more like some kind of boxer or muay thai fighter.  I REALLY like the new shoe design (no more Lego shoes lol) in particular and I wouldn't mind the whole buff physique if it weren't for the fact that his head is a little too small comparatively.  If his head was bigger and his muzzle was a bit longer like Classic Knuckles', I think I'd actually quite the like the design.  But yeah as it stands it looks silly due to the upper body being way too big compared to everything else.

Knuckles' design was my main concern, I'm quite keen to see Tails' and Amy's new designs as their silhouettes generally looked better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I come from the dead to give my impressions.

First thought upon seeing the images: NO! NO! NO! BLUE ARMS AND BEEFCAKLES! I DON'T WANT IT!

two minutes later I'm thinking I can get used to Sonic, Knuckles doesn't look as gross as I expected, but I'll never get used to it.

And two minutes after that I'm thinking I can totally get used to that Knuckles.

HANG ON.

Now, I haven't been following the Boom topic, but..look at Knuckles' right hand.

...has he got individual fingers?

post-156-0-31003600-1391712922_thumb.png

Eddie LeBron was on to something after all!

All the freaking out, over this?

Give it a few weeks and an open mind and you'll barely even notice anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5

Are we sure Rob Liefeld isn't behind those redesign? Knuckles is suspicious.

Looking back at the old designs after the redesigns, I much prefer the new designs. I don't know, for some reason the old designs just look really short and overly cartoony. The new Sonic and Knuckles look more mature and more like heroes, you know? I think these designs are actually for the best. 

All the freaking out, over this?

Give it a few weeks and an open mind and you'll barely even notice anymore.

I barely even notice now

I do sincerely hope we see Tails, Amy, and Eggman, although I imagine that since Eggman is the core villain, they're going to try to do some kind of grand reveal. Which will be leaked a few weeks beforehand