Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Cool, Knuckles is a guide, he's not dumb after all.

But... I'm SO disappointed it's a Nintendo exclusive... I will be able to play it, but the sales won't be good... Why Sega? We want Sonic to be popular.

-watches the trailer- Oh hey, it's that boss from Bionic Commando.

Also, have you watched the end screen? Only for WiiU and 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I mean, the redesign isn't bad. But was it really necessary? Only Knuckles looks significantly different... and not in a good way. Other than that, they're just wearing more clothes and they've got bandages on their wrists and ankles. Also, Tails looks like a big of an @$$.

The trailer looks... alright. Didn't have me on the edge of my seat, probably because it looks a bit generic, and I don't like how the characters look in that trailer- the old models would've looked better in the same surroundings. I've been waiting for another game that features more than one playable character, that's just about the only aspect I like.

Also, being a big fan of Shadow, this leaves a bit of a bitter taste. That's the end of the other characters, isn't it? It just leaves Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles.... good guys, fighting the bad guy.

Honestly, I think the gameplay looks interesting, and the world is definitely different from anything we've seen before. I guess there's the risk that it's not "Sonic-like" enough, and if it's made by the cats that did the Jak and Daxter games... well that kinda explains a lot (is Yasuhara involved?). I'm genuinely intrigued by the gameplay, if nothing else. An open world platformer... we haven't had that since Sonic Adventure, right (or Sonic '06, I suppose)? I'd be willing to give this a shot.

But, yeah, I'm not really with the character designs still. Sonic, Tails and Amy look OK, but the wraps have got to go, they don't make sense on them. And I just plain don't like Knuckles's redesign at all. Completely misses the point of the character, and the head and body just don't look right together. I wish they put some more thought and work to it if this was the direction they were going to take. At least the wraps make sense on him...? Oh well, maybe we'll adjust over time... kicking and screaming along the way... but we'll adjust. Or not. Whatever.

Considering how it looks to be focused on big areas you beat up people at, yeah it really does.

God I really don't like the looks of this at all.

And the art style.. don't even get me properly started. I'd expect this from a Crash Bandicoot game (which there I'd be fine with), but not here. This style doesn't fit Sonic none of this fits Sonic jesus christ this is terrible

That just means they control the same but with open environments.  That doesn't mean it's contrary to, say, Sonic Adventure's adventure fields or designs that gave you a bit more of a free realm to explore.

I just want to be assured this isn't the series' permanent style from now on. If that gets approved for us then I'll be at least 50% less critical and feeling downright awful.

You need to calm down and look at it from a distance.

Detachment is what we need right now.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the visuals, aside from the disgustingly bad character models (which make otherwise acceptable designs, fucking stupid).

• Thumbs Up 2

You need to calm down and look at it from a distance.

Detachment is what we need right now.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the visuals, aside from the disgustingly bad character models (which make otherwise acceptable designs, fucking stupid).

Forget that. We never needed detachment. We needed improvement.

I can't even handle this right now.

Oh well, maybe we'll adjust over time... kicking and screaming along the way... but we'll adjust. Or not. Whatever.

Of course we're going to "adjust" because complaining about it isn't going to change Sega's decision about the matter, thus the act of being upset will be more energy than it's worth and things will quiet down. However, things quieting down doesn't mean people cannot and will not hold preferences, and in general (not directed towards you), I do dislike when others dismiss people's issues with anything as them "needing time to adjust" because it's a condescending response to a legitimate reaction.

• Thumbs Up 2

The gameplay is okay. I'm happy that playable characters are back and it isn't just Sonic. Amy looks pretty badarse.

My only fear is that they are going to scrap the other characters except for Eggman/Orbot/Cubot/Shadow and maybe Blaze because the critics love her. I hope they don't get scrapped and start reintroducing them one by one. (Seriously, I would be sad if my favorite character was scrapped)

Well, well, well. A Sonic game that actually shows what the Wii U can do with its graphics. Please let there be 60 fps too!

I can't even handle this right now.

I'm interested in the game. It could go very generic platformer, to the point where it feels like little more than a move tie-in game, or it could be really good. One thing is for sure though, and that is that is looks different in every single way.

I like it. But not the character or enemy designs.

Well, it looks like everything went better than expected.

The new designs aren't too bad, but there are a few things I think could improve them:

1. The sports tape is kind of gratuitous. Is there any reason to have it on Tails' shoes, or on Sonic in general?

2. Knuckles looks really disproportionate. His head and entire lower body could stand to be a lot bigger. It would also help if his muzzle was longer.

3. This is just personal bias, but I think Amy would look better in a green dress.

That just means they control the same but with open environments.  That doesn't mean it's contrary to, say, Sonic Adventure's adventure fields or designs that gave you a bit more of a free realm to explore.

But that begs the question of why do we even play Sonic games? What about what we're seeing really screams 'Sonic' besides the fact that a blue hedgehog runs fast?

• Thumbs Up 1

From this. Not in general.

I'm to apathetic about the whole deal to be as frustrated as you, but I can still see that there is annoying lack of focus and consistancy from SEGA, regarding the future of the franchise.

Why is this game Wii U exclusive? If you wanted to reboot, wouldn't push that multiplatform?

What is Sonic Team doing, and why are they making the multiplatform game?

If Sonic Team's game doesn't follow Sonic Boom, then what is the point in creating two divergent canons?

So many questions.

Guys, tell me if it's just me, but for those of you who are equally as weirded out of Buffles, look at him from this angle...

q3ca.png

For some reason, he actually looks REALLY good from the side than he does from the front. 

Is that just me or what, fellow weirded out Knux fans?

EDIT - And do not twist words, you pervs! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by the way Amy was the only one to stick a landing on that fall, I'm guessing she's gonna be a bad ass in this one. Nice.

2. Knuckles looks really disproportionate. His head and entire lower body could stand to be a lot bigger. It would also help if his muzzle was longer.

Why do people keep saying his head should be bigger. It's the same size as everyone else's, if you made it bigger he'd look like a bobblehead.
  • Thumbs Up 1

But that begs the question of why do we even play Sonic games? What about what we're seeing really screams 'Sonic' besides the fact that a blue hedgehog runs fast?

The level design looks like it's well adapted to the typical Sonic affair, if you ask me.

Why do people keep saying his head should be bigger. It's the same size as everyone else's, if you made it bigger he'd look like a bobblehead.

Because he has a radically different body shape and height than everyone else. As a result, normal-headed Knuckles on Schwarzenegger body looks dumb.

Guys, tell me if it's just me, but for those of you who are equally as weirded out of Buffles, look at him from this angle...

q3ca.png

For some reason, he actually looks REALLY good from the side than he does from the front. 

Is that just me or what, fellow weirded out Knux fans?

I can't unsee a shapely man ass on him.

Despite being pretty cool with the redesigns seeing Knuckles' for the first time gave me a weird first impression. Though... I'm already over it? I guess because -- while this is a pretty big change for the characters designs -- I was expecting much more radical changes. I don't know something like... Sonic losing is uni-eye? Knuckles getting a crazy Superman cleft chin for his new buffness? (I didn't say my expectations would be great, just radical!)

The tape only stood out on Amy to me, for whatever reason. In fact, I thought it look great on Knuckles more than anyone else. Losing my own point aside, I'm a-okay with these designs. And the more I see them, the more I think I'll adjust to them. Now all we need is a more insight of their personalities to see how those are handled. As long as those are intact -- or possibly improved on -- I'll be a-okay here.

The game trailer looked really fun to me.  And color me excited for playing multiple characters again! There's definitely seems to be a lot going one here! And I'm loving on detail in the art style. (Though they can shrink Knuckles' irises to match his bigger frame.) Color me twice over for interested,

I am approaching all of this with optimism and caution at the same time, Knuckles' look is weird being so MASSIVE but i kinda like it. Sonic with Blue Arms? No, just No. Tails and Amy look i expected them to look. I think it will be fine, the game looks pretty good  and i think the show and film will be fine as well. So i am being optimistic at this point and look forward to this but I am a little concerned about how this might turn out. But for now, good job :-)

The designs look awesome except for rad red. From what I see they still act the same and the VA cast hasnt change so that's good and the game looks interesting. It has 4 playable characters(OMG FINALLY SHESH) has that sonic gameplay to it and the best part is..,its not made by sonic team but former naughty dog enployees and it has some sort of jak and daxtet feel(sorry if I offended anybody) and now for the negatives the character models look horrible hopefully it will change hopefully and from what I read from tssz it looks like its going to be a reboot(damn they were right again grrr) I don't understand the point of rebooting everything but hey whatever works I guess. I'm being positive and hoping this wont end up like that crash bandicoot reboot *shivers* HAPPY YEAR OF SONIC!