Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I... I kinda want to play this. But cripes the "Sonic Boom" designs... What is up with the wraps, seriously?!

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, wraps can look cool (TMNT)... but on these characters they just seem so unnecessary, especially Sonic and Tails. Knuckles they work, despite me not being a fan of the design itself, I just think they're going a little overboard with them. Amy looks really cool though, it'll be nice seeing her be more of an action girl again instead of a cheerleader.

Well the models haven't translated very nicely into game form, they look pretty ugly here... 

Can't really tell what's happening with the gameplay, but it looks all over the place. Not in a bad way mind, just...

News'd, because somehow no one else did it!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-announced-for-wii-u-and-3ds-developed-by-big-red-button-and-sanzaru-trailer-included/

First timer, I would've done more but everything's going nuts. I'll try to rehost the video, but it'll likely be officially published soon anyway.

The gameplay, honestly has intrigued me, and looks kinda fun... But those models... This has to be really early development because some of those expressions were like to Sonic 06...

But wow... Honestly it looks kinda fun... Why? Why doesn't it look fun? I can't say I just kinda like it.

• Thumbs Up 5

The premise sounds rather interesting but a reboot? No thanks. The redesigns aren't exactly great either, Knuckles being the worst. Still, a Sonic game with multiple playable characters sounds cool as long as they aren't completely the same in terms of gameplay as that would be a massive disappointment. Still, I won't judge until we get more information on it I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh dear, I think I may have called it when I said that 3rd exclusive would the biggest out of the 3.

• Thumbs Up 3

and for a second I thought it was just gonna be a brawler at first. but we got Warp speed! and all of them can do it.

If this forum hasn't crashed yet from the announcements is sure as hell will now.

I like what I'm seeing so far though. Also Sonic continuing to face plant throughout the franchise's history is still amazing.

Lol at Amy being the only one to land when they all fall, calling it right now they're trying to reboot her into some action girl Lara Croft copy.

Don't like Knuckles design, everything else looks ok though

• Thumbs Up 5

Think the facial features are what's bothering me most on these game models... Looks a Knuckles' irises... They're way too big for his eyes. Sonic's looks rather blank too. The models do look early development, though, let's be honest. Maybe they'll be tweaked later.

• Thumbs Up 2

You don't know how happy I am that we're finally getting more than one playable character omfg. T__T

However, I have very mixed feelings about it because the character models don't look too great (though the designs themselves are decent bar Knuckles) and the gameplay is all over the place. And dubstep? Really?

*sigh* I assume we'll see more of this game in an upcoming Nintendo Direct and at E3.

• Thumbs Up 5

The environments are giving me Crash Bandicoot feels... Twinsanity and Crash of the Titans are what's sticking out most for me for the world. Like some have said, gameplay looks a little Ratchet and Clank too.