Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Actualy, it says at the beginning, that its still in development, So if I had to guess the gameplay engine is nearly finished, but the character models are still in mid development

I am honestly MAJORLY excited for this, although the models still needs completion the base is there, and this is the first time in over a DECADE we have a third party working on a major spinoff main title, and this could be one of the biggest sonic games in a long time

Still have to wait and see, but I'll proably buy it

Also one of the main guys was a Jak and daxter series developer, and was on the first Uncharted, so they have a good feel for adventure and platforming

• Thumbs Up 2

Why isn't this being made by Sonic Team? 

Because they're busy making that 2015 game which Sega claims isn't correct. 

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_n0lajatbX51s9pusko1_500.png

The character's home(s) maybe? The flowers give me a very Green Hill Zone vibe.

Oh hey, it's Samos' Hut from Jak and Daxter

• Thumbs Up 2

Seems like it. The Green Hill vibe sets it too. The large satellite, that's probably something for Tails, and looks quite like somewhere they could live. ANOTHER thing giving me Crash Bandicoot feels, that house...

Wow, (former) Naughty Dog developers and Sonic meet at last! Funny, considering how Crash was proto-type named "Sonic's Ass".

• Thumbs Up 1

I for say will say those models in-game look...ugly. Hoping for some changes for the final release.

Being made former Naughty Dog devs; that's a plus for me. Multiple playable characters? That's another plus for me. It does look like there could be 4-player co-op ala Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One...if that's the case I really hope it can be executed better. Seriously, I don't know about you all but from what just been revealed this may be the Sonic game that actually makes me care. 

Oh dear, I think I may have called it when I said that 3rd exclusive would the biggest out of the 3.

And you said this was the 2015 game.

Uh, am I the only one that thinks that those graphics look really goddamn sexy?

• Thumbs Up 7

I think the visuals look great, and playable characters again :-), now all we need is good (non twitchy) gameplay and a great story and it will be fantastic. Approaching with optimism and caution at the same time

And you said this was the 2015 game.

Looks like we both called stuff. I also called it that this 3rd exclusive would be main canon!

The lighting is so, so evocative of Unleashed's in that screenie I captured of that house. Unless that's a cutscene, I'm impressed with the visuals if that's in-game.

• Thumbs Up 5

What are people even seeing in the gameplay? It's the most utterly generic action platformer, with a few special moves tacked on. SLoW at least tried to be a Sonic game. Fuckin' Unleashed tried harder than this.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm just wondering if the music will be the same as previous games. The music in Sonic games have a certain feel, it'd be a shame to change that along with the designs.

I'm just wondering if the music will be the same as previous games. The music in Sonic games have a certain feel, it'd be a shame to change that along with the designs.

This game just screams Tomoya Othani to me. Maybe some Fumie and Tokoi too.

Can I just say how HAPPY I am that Sonic has finally been handed over to a Western developer? Sonic Team haven't been up to snuff since the Dreamcast days at a real stretch.Generations and Colours were good games, but they were so poorly made. Sonic Team just doesn't have it in them. A western development team is much more likely to create something amazing.

Im laughing at much I just plain disagree at this entire statement (havent been up to snuff since the days of making conceptually flawed games but have been faltering since making functionally sound ones, okay then), but to each their own I guess.

Lol at Amy being the only one to land when they all fall, calling it right now they're trying to reboot her into some action girl Lara Croft copy.

Don't like Knuckles design, everything else looks ok though

I noticed that, too. I'm guessing that they'll gravitate her towards more of a role-model feminist character.

AMY'S AN ACTION GIRL AGAIN

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;w;

And oh hey looks like team gameplay aND IS THAT MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS I CAN SEE

COULD THIS DAY GET ANY BETTER

yeah you were expecting me to post this i know

• Thumbs Up 3

I like how this looks, but I'm sad that it's put Sonic back to linear level design. Well, then again, Big Red Button has some of Naughty Dog's old team, so this could have the fun kind of linearity that Crash Bandicoot had in the platforming sections.

Knuckles seems to play like the werehog.... Is that a development gag?

tommy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2