Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Well I for one am really looking forward to playing Sonic Boom. Multiple-playable characters finally.

Inb4 Boom out-sells SLW and Sonic 2015 tongue.png

Looks like the gameplay will be very different from Lost World. It looks interesting to say the least. 

• Thumbs Up 4

AMY'S AN ACTION GIRL AGAIN

Did you see what she did when everyone else landed comically? She was in a fighting stance. I'm intrigued.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh... this game doesn't spark me thus far. Aside from Amy's new look, the rest of the game looks more "Crash Bandicoot-y" (if that makes sense) and it looks like it can't decide if it wants to focus on speed, platforming, combat etc. Basically, it looks too chaotic for me.

And dubstep hahahahaha nowaykthnxbye.

I'm still confused over whether or not this game IS a reboot of the series or if it's just a spinoff in it's own continuity though. Can anyone elaborate on this?

AMY'S AN ACTION GIRL AGAIN

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;w;

And oh hey looks like team gameplay aND IS THAT MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS I CAN SEE

COULD THIS DAY GET ANY BETTER

yeah you were expecting me to post this i know

They could announce the Return of Nack the weasel

I am conflicted.

Dat gameplay is lookin' great, feels very... Ratchet and Clank to me. But those redesigns make it look kind of awkward. 

Especially Tails. Well, maybe not Tails, but it still feels a little off...

Edited by Zavok
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wii U exclusivity for this title, suggests that the new set-up is being tested.

If they wanted this to be the "Big One", they'd have had Sonic Team's rumoured 2015 game be the Nintendo exclusive, and would have pumped this one out multiplatform, Skylander's style.

So far nothing to suggest this is the permanent direction

However, it serves only to further fracture the franchise, which is really annoying.

Such a huge lack of focus.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Even better!

tumblr_n0lb9vA3121s9pusko1_500.png

Sonic looks like he's had it up to here with his face making contact with the floor whilst Knuckles...I'll just leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 3

So am I to understand Big Red Button is made of up remnants of Naughty Dog that worked on Crash and Jak? Call me cautiously optimistic then.

Eh, looks like a revamp of Sonic Heroes and gameplay seems unfocused and all over the place. The models like others have said still look wonky and I'm still iffy on the designs. Also, again, leave out the sports tape, it's really unnecessary. Not to mention the dubstep is pretty awful and please don't let it become the majority of the soundtrack. 

The graphics look fine and detailed though. Yet it doesn't feel as colorful as its previous installments, taking a bit 'realistic'/muted environments we mostly see in generic FPS these days. But surprised that there isn't info on the cartoon at the moment and that we only have the game tie-in, which is the only thing I can look forward to as I don't have a Wii U yet and doesn't much interest me as well as it's a proceed with caution ordeal, that it is an AU kinda thing and not main series. 

Wii U exclusivity for this title, suggests that the new set-up is being tested.

If they wanted this to be the "Big One", they'd have had Sonic Team's rumoured 2015 game be the Nintendo exclusive, and would have pumped this one out multiplatform, Skylander's style.

So far nothing to suggest this is the permanent direction

However, it serves only to further fracture the franchise, which is really annoying.

Such a huge lack of focus.....

The lack of focus is concerning, I agree. Assuming this game does really well with critics and the fans, what will it mean? Will SLW's concepts not be followed up at all?

Amy is now more of a cool girl...

I like that.

request-five.gif

seriously man AAAAAAAAAAAAA it is great to be an Amy fan today

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing that really bugs me is the new designs... But this looks like an intriguing game. I'm glad we have a Western developer this time around. Maybe with a break, Sonic Team can finally get their shit together.

• Thumbs Up 1

the next nintendo direct probably would show this off. Dang i like where this is going. 

But i was hoping to see Eggman too! I want to see how he turn out with the new designs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does it look like some other lesser known game that I would've come across on XBLA back in 2010? It looks so boring.

You know, it's funny, from what I've seen so far, if it weren't for Knuckles design, I'd be totally cool with this becoming the main thing.

Obviously I haven't seen much, so my opinion could still change.

Co-developed by Sanzaru (Sly 4) and Big Red Button Entertainment (former Naughty Dog developers).

I think it's more likely Sanzaru will be doing the 3DS version.

Uh

Chris Senn is involved in this apparently
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Christian-Senn/20060924

And people thought Lost World was based on Extreme xP

Looks too confusing.

Biggest problem. There is no focus, and that's what is really needed in the gameplay.

Kind of hard to judge that since it cuts around so much.

SEGA has restored my faith in it. Sony or Sony devs are always top notch, or pretty darn close.

Giving Sonic to someone besides Sonic Team is easily one of the best decisions those guys have ever made.

• Thumbs Up 3

Did Discoid see this yet? He's gonna be tripping balls after he sees next gen Sonic. I remember him wanting the more detailed graphics and here it is.

• Thumbs Up 2