#2401 Waporvave Ocean of Blahd

Waporvave Ocean of Blahd

no longer has eyes for anything

• TSS Member
  • 2,067 Posts:
  • Steam:Dizcrybe
  • XBL:thapointson81

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

If SEGA doesn't care that much, I wonder if it's about Boom being Western-oriented and SEGA is a Japanese company and they're like, "Meh" with it.

If that's the case, why hasn't SoA been hyping this up?

#2402 Egg Stadium Message Board

Egg Stadium Message Board

WittyMemberTitle

• TSS Member
  • 1,243 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:00 AM

No idea, really.  Not gonna pretend like I no the inner-workings of SEGA, either -- it's why I'm wondering. I just know that a lot of their decisions leave me very, very confused.

#2403 frostman007

frostman007

• TSS Member
  • 30 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

POPULAR

I've been asked to chime in a bit here so I'll do what I can to share some info with you all. I've said it a few times in the past, but there were key reasons why we announced the Sonic Boom initiative when we did. Along with that, there are a lot of partners involved with Sonic Boom so we have to be mindful of their timelines and requirements for their respective fields. It's not just about a game anymore... This is a large group effort so any announcements and information shared publically needs to really be planned and organized carefully. We need to make sure that things we reveal don't impact other parts and vice versa.

I completely appreciate the fact that you fans are hungry for info specific to the games, I really do. And that's why we all work these endless late nights and weekends... It's to get all the pieces in place for when the campaign does really kick off. We still have a ways until the cartoon and game launch, as well as the new toy line, so we need to pace all the info appropriately. And it all starts as we head into E3. You'll learn more, for sure, but not everything. And the reveal of new assets and info should be more frequent from that point on. But trust me when I say there is no lack of effort by anyone involved with Sonic Boom. This is, by far, the biggest united effort I have personally ever seen Sega be involved in. We want to share everything with everyone because we are so excited... We just can't... Yet.

So, please be a bit more patient. I'm working on screens and commenting on releases so stuff is coming. We will even have a bit of a surprise in there for you, as well as the first info and assets for the 3DS version. There is quite a bit of cool stuff ahead so hang in there.

#2404 Egg Stadium Message Board

Egg Stadium Message Board

WittyMemberTitle

• TSS Member
  • 1,243 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

That all makes sense. With all the partners, though, I'm curious as to who's all in it. Though, with as many types of products, varying from the games and the show to the toys, I guess that list is pretty extensive.

#2405 Char

Char

• TSS Member
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

I really have to wonder as well why was it announced as early as it did if it was known they wouldn't be able to reveal much until E3. I mean, they had to know that wouldn't really do any good, perhaps something unexpected happened at some point which caused that?

Furthermore, if I remember correctly, all this is gonna be released this year, leaving only a few months from E3 until release to go from pretty much no information to knowing it all and having it in our hands. While that could probably cause a pretty fluid stream of information and reveals, I don't know how good it would be to just play all the cards together like that.

#2406 Dark Jords

Dark Jords

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

I really have to wonder as well why was it announced as early as it did if it was known they wouldn't be able to reveal much until E3. I mean, they had to know that wouldn't really do any good, perhaps something unexpected happened at some point which caused that?

So people would get used to steroid knuckles and then want to see more from it at E3. lol

jks but who knows. Must be a reason though. 

#2407 Marcello

Marcello
  • NNID:MarcelloF

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

It wasn't announced at E3 because it would've been drowned in the bigger games. The way they did it, they got a lot of attention from gamers, gaming press and mainstream press.

#2408 FFWF

FFWF

• TSS Member
  • 2,474 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

Put me down as one not worried by how the ad campaign looks at present.  This is "lots and occasionally" rather than "little and often" - event-style marketing rather than a drip-feed.  They want to get articles on gaming news websites every time they release something, and make sure the general audience sits up and takes notice when that happens, and they won't achieve that with drops in the ocean.  Also, and I have to be honest, if they were taking the drip-feed approach we would almost certainly be complaining that each update was insufficient and that they should be revealing more, so not much would actually change.  I think it's in our nature as fans to always want more, but it's not as if there's been a total lack of discussion since the reveal; Boom is still the big news for us, and that's what matters.

I can't really get concerned about lack of advertising until we're just a month or so away from the release date.  By then I suspect that we will be seeing considerably more of the franchise.

#2409 Toph Bei Fong

Toph Bei Fong
  • Steam:Joranvexeon
  • 3DS:4184-2295-0685
  • NNID:Jovahexeon-Oz

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

I've been asked to chime in a bit here so I'll do what I can to share some info with you all. I've said it a few times in the past, but there were key reasons why we announced the Sonic Boom initiative when we did. Along with that, there are a lot of partners involved with Sonic Boom so we have to be mindful of their timelines and requirements for their respective fields. It's not just about a game anymore... This is a large group effort so any announcements and information shared publically needs to really be planned and organized carefully. We need to make sure that things we reveal don't impact other parts and vice versa.

I completely appreciate the fact that you fans are hungry for info specific to the games, I really do. And that's why we all work these endless late nights and weekends... It's to get all the pieces in place for when the campaign does really kick off. We still have a ways until the cartoon and game launch, as well as the new toy line, so we need to pace all the info appropriately. And it all starts as we head into E3. You'll learn more, for sure, but not everything. And the reveal of new assets and info should be more frequent from that point on. But trust me when I say there is no lack of effort by anyone involved with Sonic Boom. This is, by far, the biggest united effort I have personally ever seen Sega be involved in. We want to share everything with everyone because we are so excited... We just can't... Yet.

So, please be a bit more patient. I'm working on screens and commenting on releases so stuff is coming. We will even have a bit of a surprise in there for you, as well as the first info and assets for the 3DS version. There is quite a bit of cool stuff ahead so hang in there.

Hmmm, well when you put it that it certainly would explain the limitations of information given 'till E3. Though still, why call this the Year of Sonic when all we've have for almost half the year has been the Boom reveal and DLC? Is Boom going to be THAT big a game and show!? Ooh, I'd love that.

#2410 The Amazing SpiderWil(348)

The Amazing SpiderWil(348)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Could be funds I guess. They have to save most of the budget for Boom's big push, they can't really go splashing out on bling for Sonic like Nintendo did for Luigi last year. Nintendo actually lost a lot of money on doing The Year Of Luigi.

#2411 Spooky Pipe

Spooky Pipe
  • 3DS:4141-3470-3369
  • NNID:Blasthog92
  • PSN:MayhemMaker10

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Could be funds I guess. They have to save most of the budget for Boom's big push, they can't really go splashing out on bling for Sonic like Nintendo did for Luigi last year. Nintendo actually lost a lot of money on doing The Year Of Luigi.

I didn't know the Year of Luigi was also a curse.

#2412 PSI Wind

PSI Wind

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

They didn't lose money from doing Year of Luigi. They lost money from poor Wii U sales, creating a new R&D building, and buying a partnership with an undisclosed company.

#2413 Ogilviexe

Ogilviexe
  • PSN:Tanicius

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thank you for your input, Mr. Frost. It puts me at ease to know that the lack of information is only because so much is planned for June. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing what SEGA and its partners have planned in less than 30 days. smile.png

I apologize if anything I've said seemed rude; I guess I'm just really excited to see what everyone over at SEGA is up to.

#2414 Doctor MK

Doctor MK
  • NNID:DoctorMK

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

GameTrailers has just put a video up about what they expect to see from Boom at E3:

http://t.co/QoFhRBwc5D

#2415 Hero of Legend

Hero of Legend
  • NNID:GoldMetalSonic
  • PSN:DaxterBoom25

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Many thanks for chiming in, very much appreciated! Best of luck with everything! :)

#2416 Hogfather

Hogfather

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Mike Pollock comments on recent events...

All Hail.

#2417 Hero of Legend

Hero of Legend
  • NNID:GoldMetalSonic
  • PSN:DaxterBoom25

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

As I said, random. XD

#2418 sonfan1984

sonfan1984

• TSS Member
  • 3,340 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Gametrailers posted a "What to expect from Sonic Boom" video if anybody is interested in looking at it:

https://twitter.com/...305540348317696

Doctor MK already posted it. Oh well. xD

#2419 Cream Butt Flubber Catch

Cream Butt Flubber Catch

Link is pleased about finally getting HD games.

• TSS Member
  • 5,027 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Gametrailers posted a "What to expect from Sonic Boom" video if anybody is interested in looking at it:

https://twitter.com/...305540348317696

Doctor MK already posted it. Oh well. xD

"Can Sonic Boom finally break the Sonic Cycle?"

Really? This again? Eh...I can't blame them. This franchise seriously lacks stability.

#2420 sonfan1984

sonfan1984

• TSS Member
  • 3,340 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

"Can Sonic Boom finally break the Sonic Cycle?"

Really? This again?

It won't, atleast not to them since they're going to ignore Boom and repeat the same thing when Sonic Team announces a new game. Boom is a whole different continuity so I don't think it really implies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users