Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

The townspeople say ''You aren't very good at what you do'', basically telling them they fail as villains, that's why I see it as a fair response when they say ''Well, then let's see you do better!''. That isn't telling them they're better than the townspeople. That's them telling the townspeople that maybe they should try it and see how well they can do it before they start giving others crap about it.

The townspeople say ''You aren't very good at what you do'', basically telling them they fail as villains, that's why I see it as a fair response when they say ''Well, then let's see you do better!''. That isn't telling them they're better than the townspeople. That's them telling the townspeople that maybe they should try it and see how well they can do it before they start giving others crap about it.

They were probably trying to compare them to eggman, Who is a lot more menacing. But That does make sense, They should make a episode that like a What If? Story if Eggman destroyed the village and Sonic dident want to help the townspeople because of what they do to him.

This episode was funny IMO:

• RCS nailed Sonic's anger voice. That was one of the good parts.
  • When the villagers were telling how Sonic 'harrassed' Mike, random Eggman shows up, I thought that was funny too.
  • Lady Walrus's lines, with the word 'again' was funny too.
  • REAL LIFE FOOTAGE shot! LOL (I wonder who was wearing that costume maybe its RCS)
  • Some of the villagers are really stupid, and liars too, IMO (the Old Monkey for example). Mike was one of the decent villagers IMO.
  • I liked the beginning scene, it's really colorful. Also, notice how Sticks uses a Telephone instead of a communicator. She likes to stick to her old roots it seems! :P

For whoever is changing the topic title; today's episode title is "Two good to be true", not " Too good to be true".

Roger's anger voice was nice. So was the gag.

Didn't really like the episode too much though. Kinda doesn't help that the show's animation looks like it's getting a bit lazier. Where was the expression in Sonic's rant, for example? :\

I think that where Regular Boom Knuckles is stupid, Alternate Boom Knuckles is actually arrogant and aggressive, but he learned from the other world. And Fastidious was gonna go all Grammar Nazi on Sonic by going "Actually it's Explainable by WHOM." But Sonic took notice and applied the correct grammar.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

They should have had boom shadow on their team in the alternate dimension just to troll us

Well this was the greatest episode of season 1 by far.

Every Joke was fantastic and Alternate Universe Knuckles was a joy.

Seriously? Awesome! Can you get a picture of it?

Unfortunately,  no. It didn't occur to me that I probably should've taken a picture of it. 

I'ma be honest, here. I expected better from Two Good to be True. I think we should've gone for more alternate-world shenanigans. I think the other dimension should have been more diverse, just on appearance. If you've ever seen the Futurama episode, "The Farnsworth Parabox", I think it should have been a little more like that.

Really, I just want the show to get an actual half-hour timeslot for half-hour episodes. None of this "one half episode-long episode a week" stuff. This probably pertains to me wanting more of a canon established within the show, too.

I guess that's just stuff for season two, though. At this point, it would be a mistake not to continue producing the show. Maybe they should have a point where they take fan input between seasons.

Maybe they should have a point where they take fan input between seasons.

Isn't the only fan-input "bring back other sonic characters" ?

No, it could be anything from the direction the series should go to how people want to see side characters portrayed.

They could of course confirm beforehand who would show up, then just ask for fan input on how they should be designed.

Two good to be true was really funny: 

• Alternate Dimension Knux was awesome, so was real Knux!
  • I heard those lines before! The Get to Know Sonic Boom video I think
  • Sonic faceplanted lol
  • Fastidious Beaver wins the best joke in this episode

I wonder what the Cubot episode is about... Does anyone have that short summary in their tv guide?

One nitpick I have with "Beyond the Valley of Cubots" is that despite the Cubots being STUPIDER than the Final Product, some of them should've had the different accents like in Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that was a lovely episode! I love how the humor is becoming more self aware of things now that the show is deep into the season. Great way to conclude a Boomtastic two weeks of premieres!

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Good To Be True was a great episode. In my opinion, Sticks had the funniest moments in that episode. Hearing her yell "Kill it with fire!" just had me laughing. The part where Sticks fears what an alternate dimension version of herself would be like, and she runs off yelling was also funny. The episode made me kind of glad that Knuckles is an idiot in the Boom universe.  

This episode really reflects how Fastidious is one jerk of a character. The way he glared at Sonic through a window, because he wanted to be a grammar Nazi. Notice how when Sonic gave in and said "whom", Fastidious has a sad look on his face as he walks away. That shows that he wanted to annoy them by correcting them with an outdated word. It gives me the belief that he acts so snobbish, because he loves to bother people. Just look at his behavior in episodes like Don't Judge me, Late Fees, and Mayor Knuckles. That character is a jerk, and he's probably one of the Buddy Beavers who built that torture temple they call Buddy Buddy Temple. 

As cool as the other Knuckles was, he wouldn't have helped give the show comedy. What makes the comedy in the show fun, is how each character has their strengths and weaknesses, which makes for a lot of fun interactions and crazy situations to occur. But making Knuckles a mixture of each of the characters doesn't make Knuckles unique. The alternate dimension Knuckles was a lot like a mix of each member of team Sonic. He had Sonic's status as leader, he had Amy's strategy skills, Tails's knowledge, and Sticks's loose canon traits. If the actual Knuckles was more like alternate dimension Knuckles, then he would have been a rather pointless character. 

Valley Of Cubots wasn't terrible, but it was my least favorite episode out of the 10 episodes that previously aired. The episode had the most rushed ending out of any in the series. It didn't even bother giving the setup a proper ending. They made it sound like Sonic and Tails were going to find the Cubot prototypes a new home, only to cut to Orbot and Cubot mopping, the end... Was that the best they could do? They couldn't have made a funny joke of dropping them off somewhere, like the Gogoba Village? Speak of the devils, this episode reminded me too much of Guilt Tripping, because it had such limited characters. Only Sonic and Tails appeared out of the main hero side, except this episode was more focused on Orbot and Cubot... And a whole lot of Cubots. 

While the ending fell flat, the episode still had funny moments. I loved it when Tails's tools were missing, and he shouted "My babies!" Only for the Mama Walrus to walk in and mutter "welcome to my world." Then she sees her baby in a tree, and once again yells "my baby!" Great way to throw back to a running gag, and keep the gag running at the same time. I also loved how they spoofed off the Shawshank Redemption escape scene. Everything from the hole hidden behind a poster, leading through a sewer pipe, and leading to the outdoors. The only difference was the scene was less messy, and it was sunny, instead of raining outside. I would have laughed if they showed Eggman wondering where the Cubot prototypes went, only to notice the hole hidden behind the poster, and parody off the scene where the Warden from the Shawshank Redemption tears down the poster and looks in shock at the escape tunnel. 

I'm going to do a 2 for 1 here to wrap up my takes on each of the new Sonic Boom episodes that aired the past two weeks ;)

"Two Good to Be True" was a good episode, although I was expecting more shenanigans and hilarity to occur with the focus being on Knuckles with them being two of them. Like both Knuckles pulling a good prank on those awful townspeople. While much of Knuckles' idiotic moments really strike a nerve with me, there is something about his "not being intelligent" and being naive that I find endearing :) While I would love not to see Knuckles be portrayed as a bumbling idiot as much as he is in Sonic Boom, I couldn't see how we could get many laughs from Knuckles if his actual personality was that of his alternate counterpart.

Jumping into additional observations on my end per usual:

hCkEMJC.jpg?1

Something is seriously wrong with this picture...Sonic is a clumsy idiot while Dave the Intern is on the side of the good guys! :D

4Dnxz04.jpg?1

Sonic Diving for and catching the chili dog here reminded me when Sonic did the same thing in Sonic and the Black Knight:

QyAJBbh.png?1

aI4PgOv.jpg?1
Here's an interesting pow-wow with Team Sonic-& Knuckles :P

O21OpPR.jpg?1
Tails' technical difficulties in sending "Party-Hat Knuckles" back to his dimension...At least it was a quick fix! :)

o7WAxQl.png?1
Knuckles-& Knuckles engage in one of most important brofists ever! :D

So again this was a good episode even with the blown opportunities for the two Knuckles to wreck havoc. Also instead of Alternate Dimension Knuckles and the threat of the two dimensions imploding, Team Sonic could of felt motivated to send him back due to the fact that they didn't like Alternative Dimension Knuckles due to him and Sonic butting heads being leader, for example. This would of caused the group to appreciate their Knuckles even more for who he is and that would of been nice to see. But the gang taking care of Knuckles when he was flickering as if he was sick was sweet :) And the joke with Fastidious Beaver was the best joke in this episode. Sonic learned his lesson! :P "Beyond the Valley of Cubots" sounds like an interesting episode and it's next up!

"Beyond the Valley of the Cubots" was an okay episode as I was glad to see Cubot get an episode focused on him. Among the differences among the Cubots I was hoping for them to have different voices with issues with their voice boxes a la Sonic Colors :P I noticed that this was the first time since Episode 9 "Guilt Tripping" that Knuckles, Amy and Sticks didn't appear in a episode of Sonic Boom. 

Other observations I noticed in this episode:

nt334qh.jpg?1
"My babies!" Tails provides a twist on Lady Walrus' running gag with her careless self being right there. Then it happened again :P

BXDKHE8.png?1
Tails getting mad at Sonic because he supposedly didn't get there fast enough when Tails called him...such a thought is ironic as well as hilarious!! :)

5ftG27p.png?1
Then the best friends share a laugh together over an underwear joke :P

ScSXBm9.png?1
Plenty of surprises for Orbot and Cubot: first being caught in a trap and then by whom they were captured by: prototypes of Cubot himself! :D

cWm2UPU.png?1
Good thing Orbot and Cubot weren't up to no good otherwise Sonic and Tails would of been sorry for taking that nap!

vP9fPUL.png?1
Tails talking to his tools like they were his kids was adorable! :P

And that wraps up an awesome 2 weeks of Sonic Boom episode premieres! Great stuff overall as I enjoyed majority of the new episodes a lot. I guess we are going back to the original schedule of Sonic Boom episodes on Saturday mornings starting in August with "Next Top Villain" Looking forward to it as it is right around the corner! :)
  • Thumbs Up 2

I LOVED the writing in this episode. We not only get the origin of Cubot, but Tails actually gets some funny moments as well. Tails was humorous without being TOO self-insulting. The "my babies!" joke with Mrs. Walrus coming in was hilarious, along with the "I'm gonna get us some ice-cream" bit when Sonic thinks Tails is talking to his tools. I like how each Cubot was a bigger idiot than the previous and each one had a different thing to them. 

By far, my favorite moment was when Eggman tells Orbot that Cubot was never the final prototype and that he just gave up on him and Orbot himself was the real final prototype. Orbot never tells this to Cubot, but rather keeps letting him think he's the final prototype showing what a great friend he is. A great character moment that frankly is kinda rare on this show.

The animation was of higher quality too it seemed. The expressions on the characters was great and it reminded me a little bit of the mind swap episode (probably the same animation director). 

Best line - "Where's that other one? Y'know..Q-Bert?"

My only real gripe was another ending cut short. We never get to see where Sonic and Tails take the Cubot prototypes.

TRIVIA FACT: This episode's title is from "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" a popular erotic movie from the 1970's. 

Edited by Jason the Jackass

Beyond the Valley of Cubots was so adorkable! I genuinely thought it was lovely :) but then I do seem to generally prefer the Sonic/Tails heavy episodes. Also interesting that, in Boomverse at least, Cubot is the original and Orbot came along afterwards.

I LOVED the writing in this episode. We not only get the origin of Cubot, but Tails actually gets some funny moments as well. Tails was humorous without being TOO self-insulting. The "my babies!" joke with Mrs. Walrus coming in was hilarious, along with the "I'm gonna get us some ice-cream" bit when Sonic thinks Tails is talking to his tools. I like how each Cubot was a bigger idiot than the previous and each one had a different thing to them. 

By far, my favorite moment was when Eggman tells Orbot that Cubot was never the final prototype and that he just gave up on him and Orbot himself was the real final prototype. Orbot never tells this to Cubot, but rather keeps letting him think he's the final prototype showing what a great friend he is. A great character moment that frankly is kinda rare on this show.

The animation was of higher quality too it seemed. The expressions on the characters was great and it reminded me a little bit of the mind swap episode (probably the same animation director). 

Best line - "Where's that other one? Y'know..Q-Bert?"

My only real gripe was another ending cut short. We never get to see where Sonic and Tails take the Cubot prototypes.

TRIVIA FACT: This episode's title is from "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" a popular erotic movie from the 1970's. 

They could've ended with a visit to the Gogoba Village, Sonic guilt tripping them into taking the Cubots. Then they blow up, and the creepily-positive Gogoba chief ends up saying "At least now we won't need the blankets, since their explosions provided us with brief warmth." OR They would've been seen on TV, in a bit with Comedy Chimp, and we get comedic blowing-up-in-the-face action, and it brings laughs to Sonic and Tails, who are watching it.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I rewatched the episode Buster on demand today, and I noticed something interesting. The episode's audio is finally synced. In case some of you don't know, the episode aired with some audio delay issues during the last half of the episode, but now the audio is finally in sync with the characters' mouth movements, actions, and sound effects. It makes the episode more enjoyable to watch.

Found Episode 36 on Youtube

Woah woah woah, look at that animation! I haven't been following the show recently because I've been finding it a bit drab, but if they keep up this quality of animation, I'll most likely go back to watching it for the novelty of a well animated Sonic series.