Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Well I mean, excluding the 51st episode, even Knuckles' stupidity is displayed more as sympathetic than just obnoxious.

And I'm not saying I don't want it toned down, but honestly if he was less stupid but more hatefully active with his intelligence problems, I'd like him a lot less

• Thumbs Up 2

Fine.

By all means, explain, because that's a pretty bold statement that you're really gonna have to try to convince us of.

Cool

Sonic boom much like Teen titans go is a show that gets shade thrown at it for being of a more sillier nature of a property. It even more so because it came at the downfall of one of the greatest super hero shows out at the time and possible period young justice, and Teen Titans fans might have been more fond of a continuation, especially since that isn't unheard of in the case of justice league unlimited. I am also one of the people who would preferred young justice , not only that I only find teen titans go to only be ok. I can only accepted in doses.   

That said the execution of its premise, what it does, how proud it is of its self, and its love of the source material put its leagues above sonic boom . Sonic boom's biggest problem, and Teen stains go's biggest triumph on the reverse end, is that it never justified why this show needed sonic in the first place. From the first few seconds on the first episode, they are making multilayred inside jokes and the world is just filled with references, sites , other heroes and a myriad of other things that they actually use for the comedy and what stories they are trying to tell. its backgrounds dripping with its connectedness to DC comics. Sonic boom doesn't do that, except for like the very last episode where they make jokes referencing shadow. But that's it these characters even eggman could be replaced with generic non sonic characters and it would work , it its a mediocre formulaic show with sonic thrown on top of it. I'm willing to bet if it wasn't for sonic, there wouldn't even have been a second 2 to this thing.  

And on that same token, the characters, while I will concede the thing that happened to knuckles happened to Cyborg of TTG I will say that at least the shows setting and the other characters justify  justify why he is, what he is now. Along with the art, but we will get to that later. But the characters despite taking place in a new series as everyone likes to use that for sonic boom actually feel like the characters. Robin feels like this weird mixture of Dick Grayson and Tim Drake I always wasn't fond of, starfire is back to her non new 52 bubbly self, Raven is Raven and Beast boy is beast boy. And while Cyrborg isn't all of cyborg I get it, the show down to its art style is visually telling me cyborgs intelligence wont be of use here. 

Unlike say sonic boom , who has action character models, in an action setting with an actioney looking villian. Doing sitcom stuff? That just reads incredibly lazy and unprepared. And doesn't really play into their characters, or their characters potential. Which brings me to my next point, none of these sonic dudes except Tails and Eggman work. And please don't use the " its an alternate new universe" thing on here. Because the comic has been putting interesting spins on the characters personality in years and is consistently held as holding the best versions of almost every single sonic characters because what they do with them. Not to mention TTG is a apart of a comic book company do you know how many takes those characters had,for literally decades. There is a version of super man named Ultraman who snorts Kryptonite like cociane  for power and is strait up evil. He's my favorite version of superman, why am I not upset at him? Because his world uses and justifies his character. And in other non evil universes when they make changes to a character,( besides say race and gender, because those don't actually need justification devisify everyone get their's ect ect), but on a non race and gender thing when they make changes to say... superman, they work with who that character is, most times , and make changes that are reasonable to his character that work with his character. Sonic boom doesn't , and it has the potential to but falls short, and in the case of knuckles, knuckles entire character is just gone. With no justification, no support from his world why he is who is. So why is knuckes here? Why not use an original character, why aren't all these original characters they can just be switched out. It seems like a half assed attempt to make money. 

Next up , the art. Teen Titains go just looks good , one of the advantages of 2d animation, it may take a little longer, but you can do some nuts shit with colors wishlist making it,. its just a beautifully made show with an excellent color pallet, and along with that because its 2d animation can actually have this exaggerated slap stick humor that sonic boom just lacks. The animation in sonic boom often looks stilted similar environments and the environments you do see, just look... bland. 

But you know what sonic boom's biggest flaw is, its apart of a new section of  a franchise. Most of my complaints wouldn't exist if those other sections hadn't of failed, we would have fully made games with character explanations, and jokes. We would have a regular comic that could possibly provide more than the show. But all of that failed, so now we are left with a show, who's holding it down by its self, and the new game coming doesn't look like it going to help that. So now all the responsibility the show wasn't supposed to have , it now has. In a crowd apart of a group is fine, its a section of a body, but by  itself, its just not functioning 

Teen Titains go as a show that makes use and makes fun of what it is embracing the stupid and the cool to create something comedic to enjoy, along with being a good looking show to boot. Sonic boom is a generic by the numbers super safe comedy sitcom type setting using models and environments from something more action because they didn't have the money to make new stuff. And they wont make it action because that costs money. 

Edited by Shadowlax
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Yeah, I'm still not convinced. Sonic Boom has effort put into its characterization and story-telling, whereas TTG just shoves juvenile humor into the audience's faces, because, according to them, only kids watch cartoons these days, so the best way to reach out to them is to play to their stereotypes.

Here's the thing, I never said I actually liked Teen titans go. I  like sonic boom more.But I know the reason I like sonic boom more is because sonic is in it. Not because its good, or even average. Also sonic boom has put no effort into any characterization really generic episodes focused a character that could be interchangeable, nothing long lasting resonating or anything. Which is fine, but I'm trying to figure out why sonic characters are here.

I really REALLY Hate how Cartoon Network runs their damn channel, immediately scrapping a show right after the last season episode and then constantly showing one specific show over and over again, ugh... it's sickening.

I wish they would leave the Saturday morning block alone but we can't even have that.

• Thumbs Up 5

Shade?

xigpn8oKT.png

Uhh...

Stop. The creators had never even seen the original show when they began production on TTG, essentially made it out to be nothing but grimdarkness in an episode that was a response to fans who didn't like the direction of the new show, and literally dubbed over footage from the original show to make more stupid jokes. There is no love for the original show here.

So, the only thing that justifies TTG being a successor to the original Teen Titans is references? Even if everything else about the show is completely different or even spits in the face of its predecessor, since it makes references that automatically makes it a good Teen Titans cartoon?

And that's not exactly what TTG is? It's not just a stupid Johnny Test-esque cartoon with a superhero skin?

Again, TTG has a superhero skin. How is that any different from the cast of Sonic Boom wearing sports tape?

Every argument you're making can easily be applied to the show you're defending so fiercely. I really don't care if you prefer TTG over Sonic Boom, but your arguments for why it's so much better really don't give you much of a leg to stand on.

To respond to you in order, Some of the people who made the orginal show make teen titans go. And the teen titans have existed before that cartoon, and they also use that reference for what they do in the show. And fun fact making fun of something is way of showing you care about something, you know that right. Its sort of the entire premise of the last episode of sonic boom. They poked fun at the more serious show, a lo of those folks worked on the more serious shows. But have fun creating some US vs them narrative. 

Its not references, its EVERYTHING the world the characters , what they do with them, the backgrounds ,everything is dripping with the tiniest details refencing and poking fun at the DCU from Jayson's todds ashes in batman's batcave to using characters that weren't even in the original show. Like deathstrokes daughter,.She didn't exist the old show, you probably didn't know she existed. I did but, and I appropriate reaching into the comics to pull this obscure ass character out to make an episode off

And I never said It was good Teen Titains cartoon. ( i personality don't think the original is a good teen titains cartoon I prefer the comics) I said it was better than sonic boom. What does say about sonic boom. Also why are you using " everything is show is completely different" as an argument, when you are defending sonic boom ... a sitcom a far cry from the usual action adventure settings of sonic, something completely different. And depending on who you are talking to " spits in the face " of many of the things that make sonic , sonic. 

Its not like jonny test at all, really. 

Because it uses its super heroes to create interesting stories that require these characters to be who they are, like robin and the crew defending the batcave. Or Trigon coming back, or Deathstrokes daughter. 

Every argument can't be applied to the show, if you don't like TTG thats fine. But doesn't seem like you ever watched the show... The show often has shit referencing the comics, going far and beyond the original show. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Here's the thing, I never said I actually liked Teen titans go. I  like sonic boom more.But I know the reason I like sonic boom more is because sonic is in it. Not because its good, or even average. Also sonic boom has put no effort into any characterization really generic episodes focused a character that could be interchangeable, nothing long lasting resonating or anything. Which is fine, but I'm trying to figure out why sonic characters are here.

Couldn't the same thing be said about TTG? The characters are nothing like the incarnations they're based off of. I'm not even a fan of Teen Titans, and I recognize that Go completely mangled the things I knew people liked about it, notably the characters (they're completely detestable in Go).

Whilst the same can be said for Boom, it's not tied down to a pre-existing universe. It uses Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Shadow, and Eggman, but they aren't reflective of incarnations in other Sonic media--It's trying to be its own thing. Boom is the Brave and the Bold to SEGA Sonic's Bruce Timm Batman. TTG, on the other hand, exists within an established universe and changes things within it for the sake of random comedy and rewriting beloved characters, and apparently often to take potshots at those fans (redubbing scenes from the original for jokes? Yeah, that's pretty shitty).

I may not like the decisions behind Boom, I think it could use a lot of improvements in its writing, but it was always made to be something separate and different. TTG could easily have been something else entirely, but they chose the easy way out and made a worse version of a previous show.

Edited by Zaysho

Couldn't the same thing be said about TTG? The characters are nothing like the incarnations they're based off of. I'm not even a fan of Teen Titans, and I recognize that Go completely mangled the things I knew people liked about it, notably the characters (they're completely detestable).

Whilst the same can be said for Boom, it's not tied down to a pre-existing universe. It uses Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Shadow, and Eggman, but they aren't reflective of incarnations in other Sonic media--It's trying to be its own thing. Boom is the Brave and the Bold to SEGA's Sonic's Bruce Timm Batman. TTG, on the other hand, exists within an established universe and changes things within it for the sake of random comedy and rewriting beloved characters, and apparently often to take potshots at those fans (redubbing scenes from the original for jokes? Yeah, that's pretty shitty).

I may not like the decisions behind Boom, but I don't think what it does is completely unjustified because it exists separately and never tries to replace what's come before.

Besides cyrborg, no the characters are just exaggerated versions of the characters they were before. If you don't like that, that's fine, but isn't the discussion here. The part they mangled was the switching to comedy part. The charcters themselves are the same, and in many ways more true to the comic books they spawned from. Like say, robin actually having an actual connection to batman. Because the batman ban was lifted, so he can be around batman. 

Boom isn't brave and the bold at all, because its apart of a larger part of something. That was supposed to justify its existence that wasn't there anymore. The brave and bold was a solitary effort that went in and came out. And as fa as established universes go, I read comic books, they have weird takes on character all the time. I don't mind that, if sonic boom was interesting in its alt universes. Like say the comic books, I wouldn't... care. But nothing interesting happens in sonic boom, and nothing sonic-ey happens in sonic boom. But Super heroey shit happens in TTG. Also I dunno if you want to you could consider the last few game's tones as odd pots shots as sonic fans but thats an entire other discussion entirely

I think as of currently its completely unjustified , in everything but the show kinda and a mobile game its a failure. it was supposed to be this big sonic push and it amounted to an ok TV show. I would have been ok with this nothing TV show if the games actually provided me with interesting stuff. But they don't the new seems to follow that same trend, and the comics don't even exist anymore.. It is something that was supposed to have back up , bu the back up never came. 

I would argue that besides the chilidogs and sonic part, none of that particularly unique to that world. Like say lyric or those achiest elder dudes, they seemed rad. Maybe they could do something with that. OR shadow, or the bandicoot girl, hopefully they do something with them to. There things in this show, opportunies try possibly make it uniquely sonic, but every time they opt to go with the generic nothing version. 

The last statement is a failed attempt at humor.

You know what, you know what. I see this devolving into a preferential semantics argument. Lets end this here. 

Edited by Shadowlax

And how exactly are the games "pot-shots" at Sonic fans?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say because it's not like the Adventures and Sonic, now, has become nothing more than a Saturday Morning cartoon. Which is kind of ironic since SatAM, from what little I have seen, seems to have that perfect tone of dark and light hearted elements despite it being a weekend cartoon.

Not all cartoons can be at Avatar-levels of great but that doesn't mean all shows that aren't as great automatically mean it's shit either.

cause that's some elitist bullcrap tbh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Besides cyrborg, no the characters are just exaggerated versions of the characters they were before. If you don't like that, that's fine, but isn't the discussion here. The part they mangled was the switching to comedy part. The charcters themselves are the same, and in many ways more true to the comic books they spawned from. Like say, robin actually having an actual connection to batman. Because the batman ban was lifted, so he can be around batman.

I have no interest in superhero books, but going off criticisms I've seen for TTG, it seems most believe the characters are not just exaggerated caricatures. I don't think that'd be an issue in itself, but it seems they're just unlikable, poorly written, and do not resemble what they are directly based off of and that's why people take issue with it.

And, personally, I don't think advertising that insists the show is "your new favorite show" really helps.

Boom isn't brave and the bold at all, because its apart of a larger part of something. That was supposed to justify its existence that wasn't there anymore. The brave and bold was a solitary effort that went in and came out. And as fa as established universes go, I read comic books, they have weird takes on character all the time. I don't mind that, if sonic boom was interesting in its alt universes. Like say the comic books, I wouldn't... care. But nothing interesting happens in sonic boom, and nothing sonic-ey happens in sonic boom. But Super heroey shit happens in TTG. Also I dunno if you want to you could consider the last few game's tones as odd pots shots as sonic fans but thats an entire other discussion entirely

The way you describe Brave and the Bold as a solitary effort is exactly how I'd describe Boom. It exists in its own universe and interprets Batman in a way that's different from other incarnations. It doesn't take away or try to replace what's there, and Boom is very much the same (and this fan is grateful for that).

The problem people have with TTG, as people keep telling you, is that it does the complete opposite. It takes an established universe and changes it to suit its own ends, and the end result is more of a slap to the face to people who liked these characters from the previous show.

And the games' current tone is a potshot at Sonic fans? How? Boring writing with awful jokes and a refusal to use anyone not Sonic, Tails, and Eggman isn't a potshot. It's just lazy.

yeah its called spider man and the flash. Besides the sonic and the chilidog part, nothing sonic-ey happens. Like if there were chaos emeralds, and other sonic characters, or chao or something, something to differentiate this universe besides the sole presence of sonic and eggman. I would concede my point there isn't even when they have the opportunity  to dig back into regular sonic they don't. You telling me you have an episode about singing songs, and you don't reference the pletheora of silly ass corny but lovable sonic sonic's with lyric's really? Sonic the guy with some of the best music in all of games, in his bad games that shits on other games whole musical catalogs and we couldn't get one? That is a perfect example of a moment they could have made uniquely sonic, and nothing. 

It wont take much, like lets say lyric shows up in season two starts roughing stuff up. Something unique to sonic boom, that feels sonic-ey. 

The last part was much like sonic boom a failed attempt at referential humor. 

Honestly, Boom feels pretty Sonic-y from my experience. I don't have the highest opinion of the show, but I'd never say it doesn't feel like a Sonic show. Sonic actually acts how I expect him to, everyone fights how they're expected to, the relationship among the members of Team Sonic and with Eggman has some similarities to the main universe, even if they aren't really the same characters. I'm even pretty impressed with how they redesigned the Badniks to fit this universe and WISH this kind of thought went into Metal Sonic. But Boom is still different; it doesn't need callbacks and direct references to the franchise's history, because it was never developed with that in mind. That's the point. An episode making fun of Justin Bieber doesn't need Sonic singing "Live and Learn."

Edited by Zaysho

So you don't question the iconic (no beating around the bush on that; the original tv show characters have become iconic in the eyes of many, practically on the same scale as Avatar the Last Airbender) characters' butchered appearances in TTG, which may I note, pretty much spit in the face of everyone asking for Season 6 of the original show. Appearances that either regress or just downright chaotically alter said characters and their personalities.

Yet Sonic Boom is the one you fire on, even though the characters for the most part are kept intact, or even (in the case of Amy) actually competently expanded on. Heck even with making Knuckles a klutz they still retain his overall likability, and it's not like they make him insufferable either.

Going off of this, I'm kinda left to assume to that your putting TTG on a pedestal over Boom is purely personal preference.

• Thumbs Up 8

According to OuiDo's Facebook page, it seems that they're now Technicolor Animation Productions.

Can anyone who reads French clarify if this is the case?

Uh.. so I quoted some folks... and some of the quotes aren't popping up so... If it alerts you I hope you can figure out what i quoted I guess?

This site is weird. 

I'm going to take a wild guess and say because it's not like the Adventures and Sonic, now, has become nothing more than a Saturday Morning cartoon. Which is kind of ironic since SatAM, from what little I have seen, seems to have that perfect tone of dark and light hearted elements despite it being a weekend cartoon.

Not all cartoons can be at Avatar-levels of great but that doesn't mean all shows that aren't as great automatically mean it's shit either.

Hidden Content

Nah it was a joke. 

And I don't want it to be avatar levels of amazingness, I want commitment to the bit. I would like it if, sonic boom, and the games for that matter didn't go so far opposite on the side of edge and sort of embraced the stupidity. I like things when things are dumb, I kinda found it more funny back in the 90's and early 2000's when sonic was commuted to the dumb plots that were happening , than when he kept making analytical sarcastic jokes about everything. Jokes aren't bad, i'm not one who wants sonic adventure 3. But I would like for a dumb story thing to happen, and that be it. My favorite section of sonic, and some of  my favorite video game franchises in general are that. Its why I like Metal gear, yeah they make a joke but for the most part they take that overcomplicated plot in stride. And them doing that allows me to do that. Unlike say lost world, I couldn't be bothered.I don't want amazing deep story, I just want them to stick to their guns kinda and don't make fun of every aspect of the plot. 

I watch Teen titains go because I really really like the art, and occasionally they make obscure references. I will not say TTG is a good cartoon, I will say that I feel its much better at being apart of a licensed property than Boom is, as of currently.

I would argue that it does, if it plans on being comedy. If it wants to be super cearal , sure make up you own lore. But if it doesn't then, like say.Why make fun of justin beiber when you could say poke fun at the infinite amount of amazingly cheesy sonic songs that are amazing and you probably have access to because you are using sonic. I think Jun Sunoue Can take a joke.. Also really, a justin beiber episode, in 2015 you are defending that? This passe played trash? Really. You aren' foregoing your artistic integrity if you pay homage to the source material every once in a while. And if they think they are, they are already using shadow so, that badge of pride was already lost. 

Edited by Shadowlax

All of that might work if this were actually a part of the same universe as the main series, or more importantly, replaced the main series, which is why it's not correctly allegorical with TTG. There's nothing to turn to with that series. Just a show that isn't very good from a show that was great. Where as with this, while the quality is subjective (and by that I mean good if you're smart) you still have other outlets depending on your choice of tone.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much, MUCH rather see the Post-SGW timeline of the comics adapted in full than a sitcom about Sonic and co. but there's a difference between the two on a structural and even multiversal scale that means that I can enjoy them separately because they are in fact separate.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what, you know what. I see this devolving into a preferential semantics argument. Lets end this here. 

Not really, if anything it's mainly just been proper questioning of one's preferences. No need to end things so prematurely.

Anyway, question.

Every argument can't be applied to the show, if you don't like TTG thats fine. But doesn't seem like you ever watched the show... The show often has shit referencing the comics, going far and beyond the original show. 

Why are you trying to use that as a point scored for TTG when Boom also has references, which if you ask me, are also done better. Heck, in Boom, often the references, ala badniks, referential lines, and the like, more often connect and go out of their way to actually try and make the episodes more enjoyable. With TTG they're less connected, and quite a few times just make ya wish you were experiencing what was being referenced. Not saying that Boom didn't at some times do that, but never as often as TTG. And I can assure you that Boom does not stoop to the lows of a teasing reference like that stupid gag where they dubbed over the original show.

http://youtu.be/1QXmpWB1FZg

I will say that I feel its much better at being apart of a licensed property than Boom is, as of currently.

That has jack all to do with the actual quality of the show. And if by "being apart of a licensed property" you mean actually being faithful to the source it's spinning off of, than I'm going to have to object to that notion because you can bet you'll see less grief from Sonic Boom than TTG by far in that regard.

And I never said It was good Teen Titains cartoon. ( i personality don't think the original is a good teen titains cartoon I prefer the comics) I said it was better than sonic boom. What does say about sonic boom.

Well, again it kinda says that you like Teen Titans Go, factoring how much praise over Boom you've been giving it.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know what else references things?

latest?cb=20150806192518

Making a few references doesn't equal out to comedy. Showing that you know something exists doesn't automatically make it a funny joke. There's no punchline to it other than "OH, YOU REMEMBER THAT EXISTED :D".

Sonic Boom put actual effort into it's humor to set up the jokes with punchlines and comedic timing. Teen Titans Go has a bunch of "heroes" (It's a disgrace I have to quote that when I mention this show) are a bunch of fucking pricks to themselves and everyone else who are completely and totally out of character compared to every other version of them. Sonic Boom's jokes may not hit all the time but there's still effort put in them, certainly more effort than Beast Boy and Cyborg acting like babies who can't handle responsibility, Robin acting like a prick and attacking his friends for no reason whatsoever, Batman and Gordon literally laughing when a crime is happening, and Beast Boy and Cyborg shouting Waffles for an entire episode.

• Thumbs Up 9

And even if Sonic Boom the Tv series was actually bad, comparing what is essentially just another Sonic universe to what is pretty much the re-animated corpse of a beloved show (after all, they specifically made Go! in correlation to the tv series,) would be pretty futile unless Boom is an absolutely horrendous television program.

• Thumbs Up 1

It really annoys me that people still treat Boom like it was a reboot with how much it was pushed that the original universe remains

• Thumbs Up 6

It really annoys me that people still treat Boom like it was a reboot with how much it was pushed that the original universe remains

Being fair, if you aren't a big Sonic fan, it's easy to think that, especially since that last main stream Sonic game was in 2013. We know it's a different continuity, but it's easy for others to think they've rebooted altogether. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats sort of how the general public sees it, no other sonic content of major note has released besides a port and a mobile game and itsgotten a big push and TV show. If that view was unintended , and i'm not putting it past sega to screw up, then they have failed on a marketing standpoint. Hurts even worse the game out of the gate was an unfinished terrible game.

And even if Sonic Boom the Tv series was actually bad, comparing what is essentially just another Sonic universe to what is pretty much the re-animated corpse of a beloved show (after all, they specifically made Go! in correlation to the tv series,) would be pretty futile unless Boom is an absolutely horrendous television program.

Eh some folks would argue sonic is some corpse dancing around so, depend on who you are talking to. Some would also argue the show is actually bad and horrendous. These people aren't not me, but they do exist in numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much, MUCH rather see the Post-SGW timeline of the comics adapted in full than a sitcom about Sonic and co. but there's a difference between the two on a structural and even multiversal scale that means that I can enjoy them separately because they are in fact separate.

You mean that thing that would have probably been a way cheaper and smarter idea, with out having to redesign characters at all. And could also played on a nostalgia factor because a lot of those characters were from an old cartoon, along with them not having to spend money on production company , creating a new visual language for something that could have already been established and freshly rebooted. That thing that would have been the most cost effective slam dunk. That thing, the games I would throw out the window for that to exist. And it would have made the comics relevant to the general public, it would increased of the comic. I ju... I just can't.

Not really, if anything it's mainly just been proper questioning of one's preferences. No need to end things so prematurely.

Anyway, question.

Why are you trying to use that as a point scored for TTG when Boom also has references, which if you ask me, are also done better. Heck, in Boom, often the references, ala badniks, referential lines, and the like, more often connect and go out of their way to actually try and make the episodes more enjoyable. With TTG they're less connected, and quite a few times just make ya wish you were experiencing what was being referenced. Not saying that Boom didn't at some times do that, but never as often as TTG. And I can assure you that Boom does not stoop to the lows of a teasing reference like that stupid gag where they dubbed over the original show.

http://youtu.be/1QXmpWB1FZg

That has jack all to do with the actual quality of the show. And if by "being apart of a licensed property" you mean actually being faithful to the source it's spinning off of, than I'm going to have to object to that notion because you can bet you'll see less grief from Sonic Boom than TTG by far in that regard.

Well, again it kinda says that you like Teen Titans Go, factoring how much praise over Boom you've been giving it.

To answer you in order, not many and not anything. Oh badniks who cares, no seriously who gives shit. Thats like if a goomba was in mario cartoon you expect that shit.  But you have an episode where you have the potential of referencing some of the sega music dynasty,some of the greatest music in the industry of video games, people who have gotten folks to sing along to corny raps about not chuckling and muscles in Ernest, people who make rhythm games on he regular, who also now own ATLUS adding mroe amazing muscians to their music  and you waste it on a Justin beiber joke, really? There is a bunch of stuff that you all defending that I just didn't address , but this? This is the lowest common denominator shit that you were complaining about TTG doing, it just has sonic packaging and i'm not willing to accept that because it does. The interesting lore thing they could have done. but its whatever

There was nothing wrong with that scene by the way, is this the making fun of a beloved show you all are talking about? Because between this in the slade episode, it just seems like folks can't take jokes. You all would have lost your shit with superboy prime. 

Also there are a lot of folks who don't like boom/ associate it with the game and don't like boom. So I dunno, I actually don't hear people complaining about TTG besides say super dedicated websites, for cartoons and comics, as apposed to boom who gets ire for being near " another shitty sonic games with shitty friends" . Yeah I know a sonic forum is a " safe place" but lets not pretend sonic hadn't been in a bad situations before this that has effected to mood on the guy, warranted or unwarranted

I don't like teen titains go at all really, its just ok. You can acknowledge that something has qualities that are good with out having to like something or even someone for that matter. 

You know what else references things?

latest?cb=20150806192518

Making a few references doesn't equal out to comedy. Showing that you know something exists doesn't automatically make it a funny joke. There's no punchline to it other than "OH, YOU REMEMBER THAT EXISTED :D".

Sonic Boom put actual effort into it's humor to set up the jokes with punchlines and comedic timing. Teen Titans Go has a bunch of "heroes" (It's a disgrace I have to quote that when I mention this show) are a bunch of fucking pricks to themselves and everyone else who are completely and totally out of character compared to every other version of them. Sonic Boom's jokes may not hit all the time but there's still effort put in them, certainly more effort than Beast Boy and Cyborg acting like babies who can't handle responsibility, Robin acting like a prick and attacking his friends for no reason whatsoever, Batman and Gordon literally laughing when a crime is happening, and Beast Boy and Cyborg shouting Waffles for an entire episode.

hey look, its dhalsim stretching to make comparison that is completely irrelevant to the conversation, instead of an actual argument. 

In order, good thing referential humor doesn't have to be everything nor does it have to be that. You should watch more comedy, expand your horizons, before trying to get into a comedy argument. Because I could break out a number of movies that are strait nods and references to different things comedy and otherwise that handle things respectfully, video games too. 

Sonic boom I would argue puts very little effort in its humor to be honest. I don't think characters being assholes to people makes the humor go away. Also pot kettle black, sonic boom characters are very much assholes themselves.  And actually they aren't out of character, they are actually just exaggerated versions. Especially if you read the comic books.I don't think they hit home or a lot of effort was put into sonic booms jokes, TTG's either in many cases. Beast boy and Cyborg being irresponsible, Cyborg a little less so now because DC is pushing him for Justice league status now. ( and it makes me upse because no Martian man hunter)  but them being irresponsible with themselves and their relationships has been apart of their chracters for ever. And heck I can show you comics of Raven , StarFire, and Robin being the biggest assholes you ever seen. But you uh, seem to have a narrative in what their characters should be. May I interest you in some comics?

Edited by Shadowlax

Oh hey, it's someone trying to counter my argument by claiming it's irrelevant when it clearly is. 

I watch Teen titains go because I really really like the art, and occasionally they make obscure references. I will not say TTG is a good cartoon, I will say that I feel its much better at being apart of a licensed property than Boom is, as of currently.

And no, it isn't good reference humor. They don't parody or make fun of something we know exists, they literally just say it exists. Saying Scrooge McDuck exists doesn't automatically funny, neither does showing Cyborg dressing up as Batman. There's no punchline to the joke. No, I don't need to broaden my comedy. Comedy is one of my favourite genres, what TTG needs to do is get a fucking idea of how comedy actually works. 

• Thumbs Up 5