Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Looks like Boom is on a hiatus.

I don't get it, why can't SEGA (Or CN I dunno) give us the heads up about this? Since most of us have to get up at 7AM for this and find repeated episodes.

If I'm not mistaken, most shows begin their summer breaks around this time.

Don't you remember? It's because the Sonic Boom Games are both a commercial failure, and a gameplay-based failure! And Sega wants Sonic Boom to fade into obscurity, and the contract is what's preventing that from happening. If anything, Maybe Sonic's 25th Anniversary might as well be the final adventure he'll ever have, and it would end with him getting married to Amy.

And if SEGA has their way, they, along with Cartoon Network will cancel it, and simply air repeats of SatAM for the REAL ratings bonanza. Because Continuity.

Oh great! More talk about Gloom and Doom. But there's a few problems with that.

First. If they wanted Boom to go, what is the comic still going? They can just pull the license from Archie and force them to stop making the Boom comic, but that's still going.

Second, The games were shit yes, but the ratings from Boom, especially at it's awful time slot have been good. If it's getting good ratings, then why would it be ignored from Sega?

Third, It's already confirmed that Sonic games are still going to be made, and especially with a movie next year, it's idiotic to end the entire series after all the money that's being sunk into it.

Forth, They just haven't announced the show was going into hiatus and now you really think that means the complete failure and end of the series, a little bit of an overreaction don't you think?

I assume they'll allow the UK to catch up before starting it back up in the US?

Or is that straight the way to September, possibly allowing the UK to overtake in terms of episodes?

I doubt it, That wouldn't be fair. If anything, it's France that needs the hiatus, they're the ones that are far ahead in episodes. Man, I hate Cartoon Network! They have no good excuse for doing this again! All the episodes are made and recorded for, so why are they trying to make it lose more views!? It's bad enough they stopped airing full new episode pairings, and then went on a Winter hiatus, but now they're doing a Summer hiatus!? By the rate the show starts airing more episodes, France will have likely aired them all already, then we'll probably get caught in another winter hiatus! Cartoon Network sucks!!! I wouldn't be surprised if UK manages to air more episodes than the US has at one point. 

The really funny thing is that Steven Universe will be coming this summer (I think) and Gravity Falls will come this July.

And then again, the voice actors and their else worked hard to make this show good so yea they do need a good break...

I'm half annoyed about this though.

The really funny thing is that Steven Universe will be coming this summer (I think) and Gravity Falls will come this July.

And then again, the voice actors and their else worked hard to make this show good so yea they do need a good break...

I'm half annoyed about this though.

The show has been done for quite some time now, and the voice actors did their voice work last year, so the cast isn't taking a break, because the show took a break... CN could air all the episodes if they wanted to, but they'd rather slack off, it seems like. You shouldn't be half annoyed by this, you should be entirely annoyed by how CN is treating the Sonic fans.

It really feels like the US are the only ones getting hiatuses. And I'm not really pleased with that.

Even worse that the UK is only just starting to premiere the show. The main markets for Sonic feel like they're just being screwed over. I wish I knew why.

I knew it. 26 Episodes, then summer hiatus. I've been saying this for awhile. I'm just surprised France is still getting new episodes. At least this will give the U.K. time to catch up to the U.S. before the next season starts.

Also, why are people complaining? Outside of the winter hiatus, we've had a brand new episode every single week since January. It's time to take a break. I don't want the entire series at once. I like having it spread out like this. 

I honestly think that the half way point is a good time to take a break. That said though, they need to give Boom more airing time to make up for the hitaus

I honestly think that the half way point is a good time to take a break. That said though, they need to give Boom more airing time to make up for the hitaus

They are. That's why it's getting extra weekday rerun airings.

Also, why are people complaining? Outside of the winter hiatus, we've had a brand new episode every single week since January. It's time to take a break. I don't want the entire series at once. I like having it spread out like this. 

1. Other regions, such as France have had a brand new episode since November with no interruptions.

2. Summer/winter are usually the best times to air the show as everyone is off from school.

3. what will likely be a four month long break feels kind of long for just 26 eleven minute long segments.

4. It's not going to help ratings at all.

5. I'm fine with having it spread out but it shouldn't take two years to air 26 half hour episodes. A year maximum with maybe a month long break at the halfway mark would be perfect.

6. Considering how we only get 11 minutes of new Boom cartoon content a week it makes no sense to drag this out even further.

7. Cartoon Network only seems to treat Boom like this with few exceptions. Even Pokemon XY doesn't take hiatuses.

Long story short it's just unnecessary, pointless, borderline unfair in some aspects, and ruins momentum.

• Thumbs Up 4

If the UK does overtake the USA showings (which I doubt they will, btw) I'm sure someone in the UK will record it and put it on YouTube to repay the Americans who have uploaded the episodes so far so that the UK can see it without having to wait 7 months to get the same episodes in their own language and with the same voice talents. Sharing the love is good, everyone can all help each other.

I think other popular shows have had to wait two years or more to air that many episodes, but I'd have to check.

So, I hope someone is keeping an eye on Boom in the UK in case it airs an episode the US didn't get yet.

The US aired episodes all out of order the UK could do the same.

I'll be keeping an eye out so I'll let you guys know but I very much doubt we'll get any episodes before you guys.

I knew it. 26 Episodes, then summer hiatus. I've been saying this for awhile. I'm just surprised France is still getting new episodes. At least this will give the U.K. time to catch up to the U.S. before the next season starts.

It's probably because this series is so lacking in terms of substance that we're eager to eke as much as we can, so all the pointless padding is more infuriating than anything, and is just leaving us more starved. Like taking a chicken bone from a hungry dog. Of course, this could be my own cynical projection.

838  oww...  hiatus was true...

Do you want to see the episode "Blue with envy" in french? ^_^

http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=v97x6xKM

gracias por el episodio en Frances. :)  espero poder verlo... aunque no me manejo con las descargas de ningun tipo.. XD...

still.. it will be difficult to wait  to see the new episodes in English...

at least i wish this gives more time IF SEGA decides to create a second season (or third on this case?)

Edited by Drawloverlala

Just watched 'Hoarding the Horde' in French :) didn't understand a word of it but a couple of cute Tails moments to keep me powered for a little while ^_^

Search Tumblr for the user elite-earthbender but be quick, they said they're not gonna leave the episode up for long.

So it's 1 week to go until the UK premiere of Boom, and Cartoon Network UK just advertised it for the Boomerang channel. It's...kinda weird seeing CN UK advertising it after CN USA basically ignored advertising the show on their own channel.

MOAR SPOILERS!:

tumblr_novbijHi6r1sl0260o1_1280.png

tumblr_novbijHi6r1sl0260o2_1280.png

tumblr_novbijHi6r1sl0260o3_1280.pngTAILS HAS GONE SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG.

I've seen this episode, it's Hording the Hoarde :) and I think Tails is missing his white belly fur on the last pic, at least part of it should be visible

Now showing on the Sky listings.

7jpRHVe.png

No details on what episode it is though.

Omg! Looks like Boomerang UK will also follow CN USA and show 1 new 10 minute episode. Per day or per week is the next question.

Omg! Looks like Boomerang UK will also follow CN USA and show 1 new 10 minute episode. Per day or per week is the next question.

Sonic Boom has a ton more air time in the UK. It's airing three times a day.