Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

Knuckles and Eggman look pretty bad, but the rest are fine.

Also, Shadow speaks the line "This is paradise" in the trailer. Either that or its some new character voiced by Kirk Thornton and he pronounces the voice in the EXACT same way he does Shadow.

Knuckles and Eggman look pretty bad, but the rest are fine.

Also, Shadow speaks the line "This is paradise" in the trailer. Either that or its some new character voiced by Kirk Thornton and he pronounces the voice in the EXACT same way he does Shadow.

...Shadow? Seriously?

That was more than likely a new voice direction for Knuckles to fit his stature. Considering there's an echidna statue there, he's probably the one who either found the place or it just appeals to him most since it's the kind of area he would likely live in.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Shadow? Seriously?

That was more than likely a new voice direction for Knuckles to fit his stature. Considering there's an echidna statue there, he's probably the one who either found the place or it just appeals to him most since it's the kind of area he would likely live in.

No, definitely not. You can hear Knuckles elsewhere in the trailer and he sounds the same as usual. I've listened to it several times, it is NOT the same as any of the other characters. It is definitely Kirk Thornton.

I'm not the only one who caught that! OMG. I'm just curious to see if they're going to throw in other characters... and if so, who? I mean, ya it could be Knuckles talking because it's so hard to tell... I'm not getting my hopes up, it could be either.

If they DO use Shadow and the others I wonder what kind of design they gave everybody. I can deal with the new designs, they've got a good enough cast behind them to make things worth watching.

I'm not the only one who caught that! OMG. I'm just curious to see if they're going to throw in other characters... and if so, who? I mean, ya it could be Knuckles talking because it's so hard to tell... I'm not getting my hopes up, it could be either.

If they DO use Shadow and the others I wonder what kind of design they gave everybody. I can deal with the new designs, they've got a good enough cast behind them to make things worth watching.

True, cant wait to see who they bring in myself (I still have my fingers crossed for Nack showing up, I mean he would fit in great for both the show and game), though I do have to admit Omega could be quite interesting...

Yeah, I listened to it again. Knuckles speaks first; he says "What is exactly is this place?" IMMEDIATELY after that you can hear "This is paradise." It may not be Shadow, but if its not Shadow, then its a new character voiced by Kirk Thornton who sounds EXACTLY like Shadow. That is definitely Kirk Thornton's Shadow voice. It is very distinct from any of the other voices in the trailer.

I really do want to see what other characters would look like. I can't imagine them using Blaze and Silver because they'd be way harder to pull off, but I could at least see Shadow and Rouge.

EDIT: I could see Blaze and Silver appearing if they eliminate their backstory of being from an alternate dimension/the future respectively, but that's a key aspect of their character. Otherwise, I could see them appearing occasionally in the TV series, just not as main characters and only minor recurring ones.

If that one voice in the trailer is Shadow's I wonder what his origin is going to be like in this universe considering the more light hearted and wackier tone it has in contrast to the tone of the series when he debuted.

Honestly, After looking over the designs of each, I am kind of glad that they redid the design principles for these four.

Since everyone is talking about Knuckles the most, I am glad to say that I actually like the body/head ratio. If you listen carefully for the sound effects in the game trailer, It actually corresponds to the "weight" of each character. Especially Knuckles, where in that one part where Knuckles is ceiling climbing and can't help but hear the detail of knuckles smashing rock every punch.

Unlike earlier games, this seems to be a little more thought out than just a flabby small model.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I listened to it again. Knuckles speaks first; he says "What is exactly is this place?"

...Guys, that was obviously Sonic. You couldn't have mistaken Roger's voice that easily, could you?

Shadow is definitely not going to be in this.

The most surreal moment in my life occurred when I was conveying with passion through a translator to the `Sonic' team in Japan why Sonic needed to wear pants. Looking back at it, I'm glad they didn't go for it. Sonic wouldn't really be Sonic with pants on."

Sonic was going to be wearing trousers too... .. .... 

Who are the people working on this again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow is definitely not going to be in this.

Says who exactly? They've said characters old and new would be in.

A few leaked character designs. Includes enemies, and some new characters:

12356164795_cacf5843a0_o.png

Source

Is that Marine? If so, I am really liking her re-design.

A few leaked character designs. Includes enemies, and some new characters:

12356164795_cacf5843a0_o.png

Source

That beaver... He reminds me of someone... Someone that I despise.

Rusty_walrus.jpg

God hate me if it turns out to be anything as annoying as Rusty Walrus.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ohhhh yes please let that be Marine~ TwT And from what I can tell, her design looks really good. I need as better screenshot!

Says who exactly? They've said characters old and new would be in.

Saying Shadow's not going to be in is pretty BS. He could very well be in, and personally, I wouldn't mind either way.

But in regards to that voice, I listened to it once again, and it still sounds very much like Shadow, but it didn't sound exactly the same as the first time I heard it. So I dunno. It just sounded exactly like Shadow the first few times I heard it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saying Shadow's not going to be in is pretty BS. He could very well be in, and personally, I wouldn't mind either way.

This is in agreement with what I was saying right? Because I'm confused over whether that was directed against me...

Its in agreement with you. All I was saying is that you can't just outright state Shadow ISN'T going to be in when we know next-to-nothing about it. At the same time I was going back and saying that, although it STILL sounds VERY close to Shadow, it may not be and probably isn't. I could've sworn I heard Knuckles' original voice actor in the trailer, though.