Awoo.

Most Heroic Sonic character(s)?

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Hello guys. Im here with another discussion thread. I want to make this because I wanted us to discuss who we think are the most heroic Sonic characters. I think lists are not allowed but I want some kind of discussion on who we think is heroic. So... who do you think is a heroic Sonic character? and what is your definition of heroic?

Heres my list and explanations:

10. Big the Cat - Not alot to say about him. Hes a laid back character who doesnt care what others think about him. Hes friends with a frog called Froggy. I think Big in the first game was heroic in a simple way.

In Sonic Adventure he goes out to save Froggy even facing chaos in the end

9. Amy Rose - I dont like this character but she deserves to be on this list. Shes the self entitle fangirl of Sonics but she has done some heroic things.

In Sonic Adventure she helps a bird find its family. She also fights the Eggman robot Zero to stop trying to kidnap the bird. She also helps the robot Gamma break out of Eggmans infuence.

8. Cream the Rabbit - Shes a character that came in Sonic Battle (I think). She doesnt really do alot but I do find her worthy of being mention on this list because…. she has done things amazing for a 6 year old polite girl to do.

In Sonic X she and her friend Cheese were the ones to end up beating Emerl in the end.

In Sonic Advance 2 she went on a mission to save her mother alone and won.

7. Knuckles the Echidna - Hes Sonics 2nd friend (unless you count the manga then hes the 3rd friend). He is the loyal guy who guides Sonic but he also guards a master emerald. Hes the last of his people. I do find him heroic but not as heroic as most characters.

in Sonic 3 and Knuckles he helped Sonic get to Sky Santuary to help him save the day from Eggman.

in Sonic Adventure 2 he stoped the chaos emeralds by using the master emerald to shut them off. He also saved Rouge from falling into fire.

In Sonic Heroes he was the logic and warned Sonic to not be reckless. He also faught with Sonic against Metal Overloard.

His whole character he gaurds the master emerald because when in the wrong hands it can distroy the world.

6. Silver the Hedgehog - I think hes a hero even though he only appear in 3 main games. Silver is the young hedgehog from the future. Hes has not experiance being a hero like Sonic, Tails and everyone but I think he deserves to be on my list for the hero things hes done.

in Sonic 2006 he travel through time to try to save his future. Hes beaten iblis many times and he also help Sonic to defeat solaris.

In Sonic Rivals he came from the future to look for Eggman Nega and stop him from turning the world into cards

Sonic Rivals 2 he team up with Espio to save chao and defeat ifrit.

5. Chip - Hes the flying dog from Sonic Unleashed. He travels around with Sonic and hes like a loveable sidekick guy. Hes also Light Gia to Dark Gia. He doesnt do much but I want to mention him because I think hes heroic and desevres a place on this list.

In Sonic Unleashed when Sonic was weak by Dark Gia, instead of running Chip went and defended him with his Light Gia powers. He also put all the temples together at faught Dark Gias final stage along with Sonic. In the end he saves Sonic while the planet was closing

4. Tikal the Echidna - Theres not alot I can say about this character. Shes a past relvative of the Knuckles clan who is friends with chaos and a bunch of chao. But shes on here because I think the one thing she does makes her worthy of being called a hero.

Sonic Adventure/Sonic x she begs her dad and his army to stop being greedy and not to take the chaos emeralds. But they end up doing it and knocking them over and stepping all over them in process. When chaos was angry and wiped out the clan Tikal traps herself in the master emerald with chaos so that he wont destroy the world.

3. Miles Tails Prower - Tails is a kid whos loard of the smarts but he is still heroic. He always trys to put himself in situations to try to save the day. He didnt belive in himself but he did it and was very proud.

In Sonic Adventure he raced Eggman to a missles and he disarmed it from exploading. He also face the Egg Walker and won

Sonic Adventure 2 he tries to save Amy from Dr Eggman in the beginning. He also try to beat Eggman when Sonic was launched into space.

Sonic Colors he builds a translator to see what the wisps are saying to that Sonic could save them. He also saved Sonic from Eggmans control lazer.

Sonic Lost World he saved Sonic from being captured by the Deadly Six

So yes I find Tails heroic.

2. Shadow the Hedgehog - Im gonna be honest I dont really like this character but if I can say somethng awesome about him is that he very heroic. Twice hes had himself killed in Sonic X to save the planet and he nearly died in the games.

In Sonic X he and Super Sonic helped push back the ark from hitting the earth. What made it heroic was that he was doing it for his friend who died and he ended up dying while saving the world. In another episode he also died while stopping time around the exploding planet egg.

In Sonic Adventure 2 he nearly died after falling to the earth (he was resuced by Eggman) while saving the world from crashing into the ark. He also stopped biolizard

In Shadow the Hedgehog he faught Black Doom to stop the comet from destroying the earth.

If this is not heroic, what is?

1. Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic… theres alot to say why hes the most heroic Sonic character. Not only is he brave and bold but he puts himself in danger and at risk of not surviving. Hes the guy that will put his life on hold for his friends or any innocent people. He doesnt care what happens to him but he cares about everyone who isnt him.

in Sonic X he took a bad beating from the Eggxterminator to save his friend Chris Thorndyke from Eggman. His beating was so bad he passed out cold and was thrown into the water. He then came back with the Chaos Emeralds all to save his friend. There was another scene in Sonic X where he was Super Sonic and he wanted to go into the cannon to shoot himself at the planet egg. His friends warned him that he wouldnt survive but Sonic said he didnt care and that no one will talk him out of it.

Sonic Adventure 1, he saved the whole town from Chaos a creature that was consider perfect because he had all the chaos emeralds.

Sonic Adventure 2 he got lunched into space by Eggman but he came back, faught Shadow and beat the eclispe cannon.

Sonic Heroes, he lead his team to victory and they beat Eggman/Metal Sonic. Sonic also lead his team to also beat Metal Sonic in overloard forme.

Shadow the Hedgehog he tried to be heroic and he tired to stop Shadow from doing evil but it failed but I listed this because i think it is still heroic to stand up to a powerful hedgehog

Sonic 2006, he saved the princess got killed but he came back and save the world from the time eating monster

Sonic Unleashed he saved the world from Dark Gia and when he was weak he told Chip to run.

Sonic and the Black Knight even though the dark queen has him weak he still wanted to fight and he saved the kingdom

Sonic and the Secret Rings he saved the arabian nights even though he had a fire that would kill him.

Sonic Generations he saved all his friends from dead pockets of air and he saved the world from the time eater

Sonic Lost World he was angry when Tails was capture and he saved him. But Sonic also saved the worlds energy and even work with McNosehair I mean Eggman.

These things make Sonic rule as the most heroic Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, Heroic is kind of a broad term, but going by even the most broad definition, none other than Sonic the Hedgehog himself takes the cake.

Sonic values freedom above everything else, and lives life on his own terms. He puts his whole life and danger and risks everything to save his friends and the whole world. He's one of the least selfish characters in any media I can think of, he never puts himself before anyone else. 

Speaking of friends, he's always loyal to them and would never betray them for anything. Tails is practically his surrogate brother, Knuckles was his rival but they've become good friends now, and he even tried to go on a date with Amy in Black Knight to make her happy. 

Sonic's the character I have the most respect for, his portrayal usually never lets me down and tends to be the high point of any Sonic plot. He always does his best to save the day and succeeds without coming off as a goody two shoes most of the time. He's such a cool dude that lives life on his own terms, and is the friend you would always want to have your back in any situation. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Everyone ends up the hero of their own story. We just never see anything other than Sonic and Tails (and Eggman, if you see him as a hero for whatever reason) nowadays.

Complete no-brainer this; Sonic.

A true hero is someone who fights for their beliefs and the salvation of others regardless of the consequences or the hardship(s) they face and who is so selfless that they are more concerned about their friends and others despite their own predicaments.

Gamma never came-off to me as a hero of Sonic's calibur in that respect and part of that stems from the way I view Gamma's consciousness as well as the fact that he didn't do anything anywhere near as noteworthy in the heroism stakes as Sonic has.

I personally think that Sonic's attitude towards heroism and such is interesting because he's not a goody two-shoes regarding it and he's more of the mind that he's fighting for himself and his own beliefs than anything else despite being a good guy who has a pronounced sense of justice and who despises oppression. You can hear it in his theme song lyrics even!

I don't know why, I can't leave though it might be tough

But I ain't out of control, just livin' by my word

Don't ask me why, I don't need a reason

I got my way, my own way

This fight is not for anybody, this is purely for myself

There is no way I'm gonna give up 'til the very end

I can't tell what is wrong and what is right, I've got to find the answer

But until I do, there's no way I will ever give up

Place all your bets on the one you think is right

And these...ideals regarding heroism are backed-up even more by the so far unrivaled portrayal of the character that is Sonic and the Black Knight. Kiah above encapsulated so much of what made Sonic's heroism in that game so convincing and so well-written. It's the platinum standard regarding the way it portrayed the character's attitude to heroism whilst keeping intact his kind yet rough-edged personality. Bonus points for Sonic even acknowledging that he doesn't care if everyone around him treats him like a villain if he takes-out Arthur because he has self-assurance in that he's fighting for the greater good and that ultimately his reputation as a result of what he does doesn't mean as much to him as getting shit done.

Again, Secret Rings was an excellent example of Sonic's heroic resolve as Kiah again elaborated-upon very well above. It's striking how he laughs at the prospect of death. What was that about Sonic being a 'pussy' in that game for handkerchief wishes?

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic never gets alot of credit for being a hero. Like I say i my post Sonic is one who will give up his life for anyone in danger. Seriously that scene in Sonic X with the eggxterminator made me cry because he wanted to protect his friend. Sonic will always be the most heroic.

Shadow, plain and simple.

Every single character is a hero in their own right, but Shadow stands out mainly because of all of the shit that's happened to him on his path to heroism. 

He was created as a cure to help a terminally ill child, but was also developed as a weapon against humanity, he never really had a choice on how to live his life. Before, Shadow was just carrying out orders from whomever(Gerald, Doom, etc. etc.) and even when he lost his memories, he was neutral at best, only really caring about his own goals. 

So what does Shadow do after remembering just how much suffering he went through? Does he take it out on the humans that wronged him? No, he realizes the error of his ways and seeks atonement by protecting them and fulfilling the wish of his deceased friend, and in SA2 was willing to do die for that cause. And it sticks too even after his revival. Say what you want about how terrible his character has become Post-SA2, but he never went back on his word and still continues to be one of the planet's prime defenders to date. And it was his choice too, yea Maria inspired him to do so, but Shadow made the decision to fight, and will continue to do so even if the world turns against him.

So yea, Shadow's a lot more heroic than people are willing to give him credit for; Anti-Heroes  are still heroes too mind you.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree that Shadow needs more hero credit. I dont care for the guy but he is damn heroic is you ask me. It makes me sotra like him

Sonic never gets alot of credit for being a hero.

Yeah because it's not like he's the whole hero of the game or anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I like Sonic as much as the next guy, but I like it more when people actually bring up another character they find heroic or has done something heroic besides Sonic.

This thread doesn't have to be considered just exclusive to Sonic and how cool he is, y'know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I like Sonic as much as the next guy, but I like it more when people actually bring up another character they find heroic or has done something heroic besides Sonic. This thread doesn't have to be considered just exclusive to Sonic and how cool he is, y'know.

Point taken, but I'm curious to why you are saying this when Tails, Shadow and even Gamma have been mentioned exclusively at this point. Diversity can be a good thing yes, and it is actually present in this topic so far. It's not like Sonic and Sonic only has been mentioned in this thread as heroic as that is not the case. I'm also curious as to why you are questioning the choices of others in this topic when you yourself didn't even answer the question the OP asked. Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 7

Ive listed other characters other then Sonic.

I think Sonic is heroic and no one compare to him. But I know that others are heroic. One think I cna say is that i even listed those i dont care for but i can still say that they did something awesome

I think it might be because at this point, it's like:

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

Tails

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

Gamma

Sonic

Sonic

...and so on.

That's obviously a slight exaggeration of course, and I don't mind Sonic being mentioned in itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm suprised to see Big here, but I can understand and I agree.When it comes to heroic characters, I do have my own list and it might be weird due to lack of Sonic:

Silver - I think he's a hero because he shows compassion towards those he is saving, even though he was aloof at times. Like Sonic, he won't stop until the job is done but there's something about him that is different. The chao from Sonic Rivals 2, he seemed to care for them alot and he showed compassion. Even his theme song suggests that he is a compassinate hero since it's singing to those who he is saving.

Marine - I want to mention her because she did chase after Whiskers and the others by herself and retrived the Jewel Scepter.

Blaze - Because even though she was a subborn jerk in Sonic Rush, she risked her world crashing into Sonic's world to go get the Sol Emeralds to save her world.

You guy already mentioned Shadow so I'll just say I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care for characters other than Sonic when it comes to judging who's "better" in the heroism stakes because none of them IMO have come close to matching his selflessness, resolve and kindness. Tails doing stuff like pushing Sonic out of danger and taking the hit himself as well as saving Station Square are awesomely heroic yes. But are these examples of heroism more copious or much more notable than what Sonic does?

.....Ummm,

No.

This isn't a devaluing of what Tails has done. It's just pointing out that Sonic is more heroic by merit of consistently having performed what are IMO more and greater heroic acts.

The same goes for Big and Gamma with their far, far less notable actions. Gamma especially since I don't see it's consciousness as being profound as it always came off to me as so single-mindedly dead set on freeing the animals from it's brothers that it doesn't exhibit anything that would lend credence to it doing something noble. It's not alive either. Which to me offsets the gravity of it's so-called self-sacrificial actions (Gamma never sacrificed itself anyway)

But that's only my view.

So I'm perfectly comfortable exulting Sonic's selfless heroism which he doesn't always do for self gratification (That's BS) and I stand by Sonikku-Chan's belief that Sonic doesn't get the credibility he deserves. But then he's a highly misunderstood character anyway regarding his softer side. You only have to see the clueless responses to his final wish in SatSR to see that and that is far from the only instance that proves it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it might be because at this point, it's like:

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

Tails

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

Gamma

Sonic

Sonic

...and so on.

That's obviously a slight exaggeration of course, and I don't mind Sonic being mentioned in itself.

"Slight" isn't the word I would use. There are only two posts that focus exclusively on Sonic, even the OP mentioned other characters in her list. So I don't get why people feel that mentioning Sonic is a big deal...I mean he's the hero of the series, isn't it natural to assume that he's the most heroic by default?

• Thumbs Up 3

"Slight" isn't the word I would use. There are only two posts that focus exclusively on Sonic, even the OP mentioned other characters in her list. So I don't get why people feel that mentioning Sonic is a big deal...I mean he's the hero of the series, isn't natural to assume that he's the most heroic by default?

No way is Sonic being over-exulted in this topic. He's just being on the recieving end of the credibility he deserves.

• Thumbs Up 2

My thing is that if Tails or Amy did the SAME things like Sonic the same exact things like Sonic... they would be consider the most heroic characters why? Because they are consider normal inoocents children. But Sonic.... Sonic does it and hes not consider a hero.

Sonic doesnt get the credit he deserves. Yeah people know hes the main character but it doesnt mean people know how heroic he really is. I mean yeah Shadow and Gamma died and I get that. But Sonic has been near death many many times. Sonic and the Secret Rings? Erazer Djinn put the flame in his heart that would kill him if he felt like it but did Sonic rush or worry? Fuck no! He even slow down to help people. Sonic doesnt give a flying fuck about himself. He can die for all he cares as long as everyone around him his safe. That moment in Sonic X where Sonic wanted to be launched at the planet egg to stop Dark Oak? Tails warned him he would die because hes super Sonic but do you know what he said??

We are doing it and no one is gonna talk me out of it

Oh and another moment he also saved Amy from drowning and he cant swim. And he also got his ass kicked by the Eggxterminator for trying to save his friend. And he WON!

Sonic and the Black Knight: he almost died from battling the Dark Queen and the other knights said to give up... but did he?! Fuck no! He got up, faced the villian and he won!

Those are a few but when I get to it Sonic has been beaten up, killed and near being killed during his heroic times. Has any other character even come close to going through the same shit as Sonic?! No. Shadow is the closest. But Sonic will always be the most heroic character to me because hes been through hell to save his friends and he would give up his life for them. Something the other character could never do.

• Thumbs Up 1

But that's only my view.

Exactly. And some people will naturally disagree. tongue.png

"Slight" isn't the word I would use. There are only two posts that focus exclusively on Sonic, even the OP mentioned other characters in her list. So I don't get why people feel that mentioning Sonic is a big deal...I mean he's the hero of the series, isn't it natural to assume that he's the most heroic by default?

I was only trying to explain how others might be looking at it, not necessarily how I look at it.

Seriously, I'm more inclined to believe that Gamma was 'saving' it's brothers by putting them out of their misery as they had been disowned and condemned to wander without any purpose. I'm not as inclined to believe that it was destroying them for the sake of releasing the animals inside them. When it was destroyed, that wasn't actually out of self-sacrifice, it was because Beta spitefully shot it. So I don't quite get this idea that Gamma's 'demise' was particularly 'noble'.

I was only trying to explain how others might be looking at it, not necessarily how I look at it.

My point still kinda stands, the thread is nowhere near as Sonic centric.

In any case, people just take Sonic's heroics for granted. He's the main character, so people just expect him to win despite the circumstances and that's why people just gloss over him. It's sad, but the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

I understand, but I think that does bring up a good point. Not that Sonic doesn't deserve any credit at all, of course he does, but if it's just Sonic for the most part, then what's to discuss?