Awoo.

Who would you guys would want to see your favorite character redesigned in Sonic Boom

ShadowMarioStar54

The opening post of this topic is seriously lacking and also this topic is in the wrong forum.  Here at SSMB, we foster a very vocal environment and require at least a few sentences worth of explanation.  Furthermore, Sonic Boom-related discussions belong in the Sonic Boom subforum.  If you want to learn more about how to make a topic that is acceptable by this community's standards, give the opening post of a read.

Also, I'm not just talking to the OP here.  Only a few posts in and everyone has posted nothing but insubstantial one-off posts.  As a reminder, short, one or two brief sentence replies are not enough.  Please put a little more effort into your posts.  Explain why you want to see them, what you'd expect them to look like maybe.  In any case, put more than what I'm seeing here.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to lock this topic.

~Moved to Sonic Boom sub-forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to see big the cat redesigned 

And i want him to be the most bad ass thing that has EVER existed just for the irony.

(adding more as to not break any rules)

Just think of it sonic, tails, amy and buffles have been cornered by that giant mechanical worm and just as they're about to be smash the entire thing get lifted off the ground by a tiny string and that's when you hear it.

"You're not froggy"

and the camera shifts back to the gang as you hear the worm be ripped apart and you learn that robot can scream.

Edited by Storme Prince
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see Shadow, just because Sonic's redesign was pretty different and cool, I'd like to see their take. Silver I wouldn't mind as long as he didn't play a big story role =P (yet). Big, for reasons stated by Storme Prince. Probably Omega also, because of how radically different these robot designs are. I mean burn-bot already took some Omega essence, I want to see all of Omega's essence! And Last probably, um, Blaze. She's a cat, that's not Big. 

All in all though I wouldn't mind if they did everyone just for pure look into what normal Sonic would look like if they were designed from Boom from the start. Not to be like in the game, but just like maybe some art they release containing all the characters. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably Duct tape. I feel Egg Man would probably really go out of his way to add the extra spikes and duct tape for sports tape to make the perfect replica. And Mecha Sonic would be unfortunate enough to get Scotch Tape... Poor Mecha Sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow in some some military camo pants. Just picture it! You know you want it! tongue.png

Almost anything to help steer him away from the emo stereotype people continue to misuse on him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silver, Rouge, Blaze, *maybe* Omega, and unfortunately the mandatory Shadow.

Omega I don't see being a big possibility as of late, since he wasn't even a character present in Generations, a game that was meant to showcase 20 years of Sonic. He was a trophy, sure, but he didn't have any cameos or anything, which kind of upset me since I love the character. So I'd like to see him, but it's probably not as likely as the others.

I only see Rouge being put in if Shadow is in, which let's be honest, if anyone's gonna get put in it's him. I feel like he's become part of the main cast, or at least right behind them. Thing is, I think he's become FORCED as part of the main cast, with all the stupid Shadow backstory we got post-SA2. His character is just so boring to me, and I'd really like to see him just fade away, but unfortunately I think he'll be put in.

Then there's Silver and Blaze, which like Omega, I'd like to see put in but it's kind of 50-50 at this point. On one hand, SEGA might try to give Silver a shot and get people to forget about the game he's mainly associated with. On the other hand, they also might just try to leave him behind for that very reason. As for Blaze, I can see her being redesigned for Boom. The game, maybe, but not so much the show.

To be honest i dont want shadow to have extra quills and look like more of a recolour to sonic.He should just stay the way he is.

Saying this of course because hes probably my favourite character.

I hate silver but i want to see him in sonic boom so maybe i can change my mind, maybe put blaze in their too because i like blaze

and wouldn't mind seeing some silvaze.

I wouldn't mind seeing rouge and omega, as long as rouge doesn't act flirtatious all the time.

I would defo love to see the echidna tribe too.

I'd love to see espio but if we see him then chances are we see charmy and vector which sucks.

This is their chance to add mighty too because he seems like an alright character to be fair.

I only see Rouge being put in if Shadow is in, which let's be honest, if anyone's gonna get put in it's him. I feel like he's become part of the main cast, or at least right behind them. Thing is, I think he's become FORCED as part of the main cast, with all the stupid Shadow backstory we got post-SA2. His character is just so boring to me, and I'd really like to see him just fade away, but unfortunately I think he'll be put in.

Okay, so here's a question. Actually two: First, with this being confirmed to be a completely alternate canon, why is it that you're still dragging everything bad about Shadow in the gameverse here in the Boomverse where we could give him and all other characters a second chance and be much different? There's no Chaos Emeralds, one of the very things he is associated with, which are a huge part of his backstory. So we're not likely to see the Black Arms or Mephilies (I'd be surprised if we do).

Secondly, why is it that rather than fix a character you find boring and make them interesting (which, believe me, is a very simple and easy solution to do), the first thought is to throw them away or let them fade? Is that really the times we live in: if it's not broke, don fix it; if it's broke, throw it away? No middle ground at all? I get that not everyone likes the same characters for their own reasons, but it still amazes me that people identify a problem and their solution is to trash the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know,

i hate silver but i want to give him a chance if hes introduced in boom

I love shadow

hated his game but hes still awesome, just give him a chance

EVERYONE.png

Seriously, there's too many Sonic characters that can be given very interesting alternate designs. Characters like Omega, Metal Sonic, and Orbot+Cubot are fine with how the look, but if Amy can be updated to look really cool and like she can stand a fighting chance with her new outfit, I would love to see how well Cream could be done. Ditto on Blaze. With Shadow, maybe take the dark mirror concept of Sonic further and make him look a little more rough around the edges, as long as he doesn't look too much like a reskin of Sonic's redesign. I also want to see how well the Chaotix can be done with new outfits. Giving Rogue a stable, consistent wardrobe wouldn't hurt either.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I'd like to see older characters that haven't made it on the bridge towards the Modern Era. You know, characters like Mighty, Bark and Nack. I'm not really expecting them to be part of the main cast, but at least a small cameo or an episode or two featuring them inside of certain story lines would be nice.

I'd also would love to see rejected characters get a spot in Boom. This is even more unlikely than my previous expectation, due to the characters no longer existing, but I can dream, can I?

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, so here's a question. Actually two: First, with this being confirmed to be a completely alternate canon, why is it that you're still dragging everything bad about Shadow in the gameverse here in the Boomverse where we could give him and all other characters a second chance and be much different? There's no Chaos Emeralds, one of the very things he is associated with, which are a huge part of his backstory. So we're not likely to see the Black Arms or Mephilies (I'd be surprised if we do).

Secondly, why is it that rather than fix a character you find boring and make them interesting (which, believe me, is a very simple and easy solution to do), the first thought is to throw them away or let them fade? Is that really the times we live in: if it's not broke, don fix it; if it's broke, throw it away? No middle ground at all? I get that not everyone likes the same characters for their own reasons, but it still amazes me that people identify a problem and their solution is to trash the whole thing.

You say that as if I've been saying it frequently in most of my posts, which I don't believe I have but whatever.

I'm not for the idea of just scrapping characters if they don't work. In that same post, I said I'd like to see them give Silver, of all characters, a second chance. The reason is because they haven't run the character into the ground, and they haven't ruined him so much . For three games straight, Shadow was just the same character that failed to interest me whatsoever.

But like you mentioned, there's no Chaos Emeralds or anything like that this time, so I guess you're right there, but after 13 years of Shadow, I really don't care for the dude and I can't force myself to do it. IF he turned out to be interesting in Boom (assuming he's in it) then I'll be interested, but otherwise I just don't care for the character anymore. Even after the backstory BS was brought away from his character, he still didn't interest me, whether it be '06, Generations, or even Colors DS (although ironically that was my favorite interpretation of him).

It's not like I wanted him to just be killed off after Shadow, but after all the time I've still disliked the character after that "Shadow Trilogy", I can't help but not care for the character anymore.

You say that as if I've been saying it frequently in most of my posts, which I don't believe I have but whatever.

I'm not for the idea of just scrapping characters if they don't work. In that same post, I said I'd like to see them give Silver, of all characters, a second chance. The reason is because they haven't run the character into the ground, and they haven't ruined him so much . For three games straight, Shadow was just the same character that failed to interest me whatsoever.

But like you mentioned, there's no Chaos Emeralds or anything like that this time, so I guess you're right there, but after 13 years of Shadow, I really don't care for the dude and I can't force myself to do it. IF he turned out to be interesting in Boom (assuming he's in it) then I'll be interested, but otherwise I just don't care for the character anymore. Even after the backstory BS was brought away from his character, he still didn't interest me, whether it be '06, Generations, or even Colors DS (although ironically that was my favorite interpretation of him).

It's not like I wanted him to just be killed off after Shadow, but after all the time I've still disliked the character after that "Shadow Trilogy", I can't help but not care for the character anymore.

I'm saying it because you said it now, and after just saying that you'd wish for him to just fade away that's practically no different to wishing him killed off or not be around. Nevermind that there's hardly a chance his backstory post-SA2 would even be around considering that the main catalysts aren't in this completely alternate universe where the circumstances are different.

Once again, I understand people have their reasons for not liking or caring for a character, but you'd think these people who keep stating problem after problem would actually step up and come up with make solutions to those problems; you say he's the same boring character he's been since, why is it through all that criticism you didn't bother to think of a way to not make him boring, to reimagine him in a way that makes him interesting. You think that if you can put forth all this effort to criticize, you could try to also put that same effort to take those critiques to create and repair that characterization so that it isn't boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again, I understand people have their reasons for not liking or caring for a character, but you'd think these people who keep stating problem after problem would actually step up and come up with make solutions to those problems; you say he's the same boring character he's been since, why is it through all that criticism you didn't bother to think of a way to not make him boring, to reimagine him in a way that makes him interesting. You think that if you can put forth all this effort to criticize, you could try to also put that same effort to take those critiques to create and repair that characterization so that it isn't boring.

I have thought of ways before, but what good does that do considering the amount of input Sonic Team/SEGA take in from fans? I personally would have liked him to stay dead after SA2, not because I didn't like him then, but because I thought it was better to give the story that nice and simple closure. I guess not though.

Post-Black Arms/Maria games, I also would have liked to see Shadow become some form of a Wario or Bowser Jr. for the franchise, not necessary in character, but in the sense that he's just there for the sake of going up against you and making sure you fail. Sonic Team continued with the bland "Mopey & Loner" archetype which got the character literally no where. There are ways that Shadow could be fixed, but at this point I honestly just can't care for him anymore unless Sonic Team/SEGA/whoever makes these changes goes in a new direction with him. As of late, that hasn't happened. I'm by no means saying he should be fully scrapped and never show up again in the universe, I'm just saying that if he WERE to be announced for Boom (or any upcoming game), I really just wouldn't care about it.

As for Boom specifically, I guess it'd be nice to see him ditch the annoying "loner, silent anti-hero" archetype, and go for a more normal approach with the character. Make him occasionally show actual emotions as opposed to that frown that never leaves his face. Make him interact with more than just Rouge, Omega, Eggman and Sonic, which really doesn't create interesting and new situations for the character. There's plenty of ideas that I could come up with, but when it's about a character I haven't cared about since 2005, why should I bother? Again, I'm not saying he should just be erased from continuity, I'm just saying I don't care for him anymore.

Just out of curiosity's sake, I guess there's really no character that I wouldn't be interested in seeing redesigned Boom-style. Though I guess the most interesting ones would be the characters furthest away from the "rugged adventurer" archetype that they've had the main characters adopt.

...although I guess most of the characters are already pretty close to the adventurer type already, as only Blaze and maybe Rouge are jumping out as potentially particularly interesting to me...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just out of curiosity's sake, I guess there's really no character that I wouldn't be interested in seeing redesigned Boom-style. Though I guess the most interesting ones would be the characters furthest away from the "rugged adventurer" archetype that they've had the main characters adopt.

...although I guess most of the characters are already pretty close to the adventurer type already, as only Blaze and maybe Rouge are jumping out as potentially particularly interesting to me...

Well there's the Chaotix. They pretend to be detectives every once in a while, so that's sort of out of the Adventurer archetype.

Yeah but they're a ninja, a brawler, and a no one cares about Charmy.

If they were more noir-ish detectives or something it could be interesting, but I expect they'd just get the sports tape redesign like the main characters. Hell Espio's already got the tape...

I would want to see Shadow, Rouge and Omega (Team dark) will redesigned in Sonic Boom

P.S. I hope this post isn't cause any problem.

Edited by omote23