Awoo.

Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes "I'm having a party!"

Badnik Mechanic

He sounds the same to me, so I'm not bothered. Wonder why they switched.

The one who actually needs some change is Amy, whether actress or direction.

• Thumbs Up 8

He sounds the same to me, so I'm not bothered. Wonder why they switched.

The one who actually needs some change is Amy, whether actress or direction.

Direction.

• Thumbs Up 3

That concept art is fucking beautiful.

And Mike Pollock is such a character. Legend.

Starting to get rather excited for this now, I must say :D

• Thumbs Up 4

So knowing that now Tails and Charmy Bee have the same VA...

Is there going to be an episode about Tails and Charmy being long lost brothers? laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking Colleen and Kate are the same, especially since they sound 100% identical. I asked Mike on Twitter for clarification.

Tails sounds just as good as before. It's a shame that Kate Higgins is gone, but Colleen Villard sounds so similar I didn't notice a difference until it was mentioned. If anything, Colleen sounds a bit more boyish from the few lines we've heard so far, which is all good.

And in a round-about way, I'm kinda of glad that Cindy Robinson doesn't sound too different as Amy. It probably means she's still got some of Amy's more traditional characteristics, and isn't all action-girl. 

Tails' new voice actor sounds no different so I'm not too fussed (I loved Higgins tho T-T)... but they kept Cindy, which is legitimately shocking to me. For such an action based revision of Amy, her Minnie Mouse styled voice sounds inappropriate, and neither has it grown on me since I last heard it in Sonic Lost World.

Anyway...

all_zps5bfa9862.png

Isn't it awesome and kind of cute to see the VA's recording together in the same room (and apparently have fun)?

Of course! 

"WOAH. I sound like a fortune cookie! *MUNCH* But I don't taste like one..." Oh Travis...

Huh, strange Higgins is gone, though Colleen O'Shaughnessy sounded just like her. But I guess there's only so many standard "boys' voices" a woman can do. Sounds fine to me. I do wonder if the cast change only affects "Sonic Boom" or if it'll carry over to the games Was sorta hoping Robinson would get to put a different spin on Amy's voice, but, eh, it doesn't drive me crazy like it does everyone else (though my favorite is probably still Jenny Doulliard [sp?] from Adventure).

It's also great seeing the actors all together, and the scene they were recording had me laughing, that's a good sign in my book. I am worried Knuckles is going to be reduced to being an idiot, though... but Willingham sounds like he's having a ton of fun in the booth.

One thing I'm noticing is how they're hyping up how the video game is story-based and it seems like it's practically everything most fans have been wanting for a while now... I sincerely hope Sonic Team plans on bringing that approach back to their own side of the brand.

So Amy is a strong independent woman who-don't-need-no-man now? Guess her days of chasing Sonic around are over.

Indeed, I noticed how they've yet to mention her infatuation with Sonic. If it's true that they've nixed that part of her character, I won't be sure how to feel.

It was pretty cool seeing the whole cast together for once. They all look like they're having so much fun with this, and that's a good thing. Also, that concept art for the characters and environment looks amazing.

I'm thinking Colleen and Kate are the same, especially since they sound 100% identical. I asked Mike on Twitter for clarification.

No need to ask for clarification. They're both well known voice actors and aren't the same person.