Awoo.

Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes "I'm having a party!"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm really hoping that the boost gameplay will come back in the next Sonic Team game. Lost World really wasn't that good IMO.

I'm really hoping that the boost gameplay will come back in the next Sonic Team game. Lost World really wasn't that good IMO.

Well I'm pretty sure that was the case when Unleashed came out as well but Sonic Team refined the gameplay to so people can like it, who's to say the same won't happen for Lost World? The boost got old pretty quickly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I'm pretty sure that was the case when Unleashed came out as well but Sonic Team refined the gameplay to so people can like it, who's to say the same won't happen for Lost World? The boost got old pretty quickly.

I have to agree. Though Unleashed and Colors are great games, I did find the extreme linearity to be a little boring. I liked the added level of exploration Lost World offered, as well as the parkour moves and the option to move a little slower.

What Sonic Team could do is use the best of both styles (Boost Trilogy: the sense of speed, plus Unleashed's world building and Colors' power ups (but no wisps); SLoW: the exploration, parkour and option to go slower). If they put some real effort into it they could possibly appeal to fans of both styles, as well as make the best mainline Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

Of course, if that isn't what happens, I myself wouldn't be too upset, since Sonic Boom already looks like my idea of a perfect Sonic game (or near enough, anyway).

• Thumbs Up 2

The actual Daytime gameplay wasn't "refined" in the traditional sense, at least to the point that it would turn dissenters into believers mainly because tons of people who didn't like Unleashed also admitted that the Daytime gameplay was fun and would work fine on its own as it was. So what Sonic Team did with the style is strip the Werehog and Hub World Fluff and add in Wisp and Classic Sonic Fluff, along with unnecessary tweaks to the feel of Sonic and weird control allocations that didn't need to happen. They also slowed shit down. The gameplay style spun its wheels mainly due to their "throw uninspired but easily-likeable platforming tropes at the wall to see what sticks" approach to solving the problem of Sonic's reputation, and I don't see them giving Lost World any better treatment even though it would be far more ripe for competent development into something fresh and amazing.