Awoo.

Nintendo is Killing Online Services for Wii, and DS.

Kuzu

WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY BRAWL WITH THEN ;A;? I MEAN I RARELY PLAY BRAWL AS IT IS, BUT STILL...

• Thumbs Up 7

I would say this is saddening, but most of the games on my ds and wii have dead online anyway (custom robo arena, megaman starforce 3, etc.) so it probably doesn't even matter at this point.

I was never able to use Nintendo online services until the 3DS because of how much of a pain in the ass they were to get working, so I can't say I'll miss it.

As long as WiiWare and DSiware will still be up on the E-shops, I don't have a problem with it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Better get the Virtual Console/Wii Ware games I want while I can then.  I was hoping I'd have more time for that.

The stores will be left alone according to the article. Though we're not sure how long that'll be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly never could get online to work with my DS or the Wii; heck it was to the point where I wasn't ven aware of the Wii's online capabilities. SO, yeah, consider me unfazed and un-affected by all of this.

...Although now that I think about it, this might be a good incentive to trade/sell my DS for some more cash towards getting a 3DS...

HMM...

The DS is understandable, but I feel it's a bit too soon for the Wii, seeing how the games can be played on the Wii U as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

The stores will be left alone according to the article. Though we're not sure how long that'll be.

Whoops, turns out I can't read. XD - I thought it said "things that won't continue working after May 20."

Jolly good, then. ^.^ <3

Does this mean we won't be able to access the GTS on the DS Pokemon games anymore?

The DS and Wii had online services?

No, I mean seriously. When I was in high school you couldn't go to a calculus class without finding a dozen people who had DS Lights hidden behind textbooks. We played the shit out of Clubhouse Games through local multiplayer in my Junior and Senior year. How did real online play even work with it?

• Thumbs Up 1

With the pokebank ready, the ones who played pokemon online shouldn't have too much to worry about with Gen 6 out. I however, have never played Metroid Prime Hunters online and now it seems like I probably never will (Is it even worth the hype?) Those who have Metroid Prime Trilogy though, might wanna hurry up and get those friend vouchers traded, and then never delete your save file again.

Oh well and nothing of value was loooooooooossssswait Brawl had online.

And SSB4 won't release 'till late this year the earliest. 

Which means SSBB battles are done. 

870.gif

Does this mean we won't be able to access the GTS on the DS Pokemon games anymore?

That's actually a valid concern, especially with X and Y out.

I think the only game I will miss even though I haven't played it in awhile is Sonic Rush Adventure. It was nice having a Sonic Rush game with online multiplayer.

I guess it's another in a long line of policies to really try and push the Wii U. It will force people to upgrade if they want to continue playing the Nintendo brand.

I wonder if any private servers will pop up because of this, though? It's happened with a lot of PC games that discontinued official online play.

I just read the article and now I have to know, what the heck is "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play"?