Awoo.

Lock & delete thread please!

Jix Hedgehog

I have a pretty good internet set up, but my experience playing Brawl online have been fairly populated with lag...

have you guys had good enough performance to even consider something like this?

(side note: Items on? Pssh, cmon bro)

• Thumbs Up 1

I would soooo join this but my Wii u can't go online at the moment and I'm not sure when i'll be getting it back.

I'll be on hold for this one.

I'd love to join in, but I live in Guatemala (Central America) (South for those who consider America in 2 parts rather than 3 :P )  So I imagine I'll be laggy as heck. My Internet connection is good enough, if you guys think it's good enough with FC's and you think the distance is no problem, then I'm all up for it!

I'm interested, but the big problems with organizing Smash tournaments are timing/arrangement/communication issues since there are going to be time zone differences as well as hectic schedules to contend with, along with difficulties in communication. These were basically the biggest problems of the 2012 SSMB Smash Tournament since several matches had to be postponed for a while, and there were forfeits and all due to lack of interest, which really slowed down the pacing of the tournament. We ended up finishing the tournament, but it took about two months to do it. I think I'm just wondering if there's anyway to account for these issues in general

Would be interested in this but the last time I played, even with friends, we never even made it into a match together, constant disconnects and even failure to reach even the waiting room.  I don't really trust it to hold out.  If I recall I only ever had success playing with fellow UK people back in the day.

Real men play on final destination, no items, 3 stock,  all Fox

I've always felt the items were too luck based *cough*pokeball*cough* and robbed competitive matches of their natural skill requirement. Give me a heads up fair fight any day.

I seriously doubt the Old Wii could handle a tournament, even via Freind Code. A handful of the characters require precise timing to ru and the lag just kills guys like Falcon, Sonic, Lucario ect.

but the WiiU is BC. Has anyone tried the connection by booting up the game through the U? Is it any better?

I have a pretty good internet set up, but my experience playing Brawl online have been fairly populated with lag...

have you guys had good enough performance to even consider something like this?

(side note: Items on? Pssh, cmon bro)

I think Friend Code matches will tend to have less lag than a Match with Anyone...I think that the only worry is how solid the Internet connection quality is in your home or area, because it will start lagging all over the place with heavy usage of the Internet connection.

I'd love to give this a go, not likely to win but I'll have too see what my schedule is like

It took me way too long to figure out that SSMB was referring to the forum and not a typo on the game's name